Guardians Discussions

For reference, though it's not been updated for a while, most of the FP is still relevant.

A few of the bullet points have been answered or progressed, specifically:
  • 'Would the Guardian bubble have extended into Col 70?' - Is yes.

• 'Who/what were the foes/adversaries? and what became of them? (Thargoids..?)' - Would likely appear to be the Guardian constructs/AIs, though it's still open to interpretation.

With regard, to:

• Mapping the extent of the known Guardian bubble​

The known Guardian bubble is roughly a 600-700 ly sphere centred roughly on Gamma Velorum (Regor).

Distribution of sites within that bubble is unclear, as it's subject to a bias in the search - basically far more systems have been checked on the corridor between the bubble (the human one) and the Regor sector than anywhere else in what was the Guardian bubble.

For a clear illustration of this, see image below, (which is a heatmap of discovered systems, snipped from from https://edastro.com/mapcharts/visited-systems-indexedheatmap.png and labelled):

View attachment 165150

(Note - this is only discovered systems in the sense of ones which have been reported via external tools.)

As you can see, the activity between the bubble and the Regor Sector has been far greater than anywhere else around the Regor sector.

Bear in mind as well, that this is a 2D representation of 3D space, and that there's not just the rough x,y plane of the bubble and Regor to look at but also a huge amount of space when considering the z axis too.

So, in terms of the main Guardian bubble, the most significant finds in terms of locating sites will be away from that corridor that can be seen in red. Just be aware that more significance in those terms means checking areas where there's expected to be a low density of sites which means they'll be harder to find. It can make for a very difficult (in terms of the sheer amount of time and dedication needed) endeavour for one person.

Good luck! o7
Anubis confirmed?? Seriously looks like the outline of his head adleast 😂

Hello CMDRs,

I'll soon try to unlock the FSD Guardian Booster. My question is, if I do this on a wing, how would it work? I want to wing up with my friend so it would be a 2 man squad. Does each commander have to gather their own materials? Scan their own pylons? Is it worth to wing up other than to gang up against the sentinels?

My question is, if I do this on a wing, how would it work? I want to wing up with my friend so it would be a 2 man squad. Does each commander have to gather their own materials? Scan their own pylons? Is it worth to wing up other than to gang up against the sentinels?
Yeah, I've helped plenty friends with this in a wing, for blueprints you just need to complete circuits of the site with one player with the other covering their back, taking out sentinels, then switch roles when you refresh the instance. Rinse, repeat.
For data you each gather your own, and so will want to each keep an eye on the specific ones you personally still need.

Edit for ease of locating the FSD booster blueprint, head to Synuefe NL-N c23-4, and look for the planet with my name on the first mapped tag. Can't miss it, I deliberately DSSed it and only it to make it easier for my friends to find the correct one :D

Last edited:
Yeah, I've helped plenty friends with this in a wing, for blueprints you just need to complete circuits of the site with one player with the other covering their back, taking out sentinels, then switch roles when you refresh the instance. Rinse, repeat.
For data you each gather your own, and so will want to each keep an eye on the specific ones you personally still need.

Edit for ease of locating the FSD booster blueprint, head to Synuefe NL-N c23-4, and look for the planet with my name on the first mapped tag. Can't miss it, I deliberately DSSed it and only it to make it easier for my friends to find the correct one :D
Cool! Thanks for the feedback.

And how do you exactly "refresh the instance"?

Cool! Thanks for the feedback.

And how do you exactly "refresh the instance"?
Have you ever farmed Dav''s Hope or similar surface sites for engineering materials?
Basically it's where you and the others visiting the site in your private group log out and back in, to reset all the objects in that planetary instance.

Hello CMDRs,

I'll soon try to unlock the FSD Guardian Booster. My question is, if I do this on a wing, how would it work? I want to wing up with my friend so it would be a 2 man squad. Does each commander have to gather their own materials? Scan their own pylons? Is it worth to wing up other than to gang up against the sentinels?
I found it useful to go to the X - shoot the two emergent sentinels, then drive around activating all the pylons and shooting the emergent sentinels first - THEN go around and activate all the pylons - that way you never run out your timer. Also be aware that to scan the guardian globe at the end (and the activated obelisks for pattern data) I had to manually select them in my contacts tab before scanning with the data link or it didn't scan.

SO what about guardian SLF - any good? and another thing...wasnt there weird guardian things floating in space? What where they for?
They are not good for solo fights but you can unlock them for fun and the memes. They are useless but fun to fly.
Also, if you don't mind losing combat exp, I find Lance quite effective against Scouts in AX CZs, with Deadly or Elite NPC, but now they are gone and we don't know when they will return.

Guardian things in space are the Beacons. They drop the Ancient Key, which is required to unlock Guardian SLFs. You use them instead of Ancient Relics at ship blueprint sites.

Any post that have median stat of planet where we found guardian structures / ruin ?
Noticed that they have alot of similarity, but cant find exact numbers /stats on it .

Also in my actual system , soeone scanned 2 planet , out of these 2 one have guardian ruins , i'm pretty sure he saw some pattern that limit the scan numbers to locate guardians sites.

Last edited:
Ruins found in a new area.

Not really a new area as there is 4 in the nebula just next to that system but good find all the same and there must be tons out there and have said it before as they lead to the permit locked ngc3603 whoch either houses guardians new home, their end or the ai but again and again it was ignored hopefully people will now jump 😅

Not really a new area as there is 4 in the nebula just next to that system but good find all the same and there must be tons out there and have said it before as they lead to the permit locked ngc3603 whoch either houses guardians new home, their end or the ai but again and again it was ignored hopefully people will now jump 😅
Run us through. In what sense do they lead there? Also what's special about that Permit Locked sector as opposed to, say, the one right in the middle of the main Guardian area?

Run us through. In what sense do they lead there? Also what's special about that Permit Locked sector as opposed to, say, the one right in the middle of the main Guardian area?
Well the ruins dont stop at Regor sector, I believe that yes that is their home area however the ruins extend in many places out towards that permit area out at ngc 3603, also other regions known for guardian ruins have ruins that point back towards that area as opposed to regor, also a ton of systems with brain trees around the permit locked region border more than alot of any other area, I personally think this may be their last stand area against the AI, Or maybe some live there? or something else who knows but the sheer number of brain trees alone for any area just screams this permit region will hold something big regarding guardians with also more ruins directing towards it from regor while other areas just have rounded ruins in few systems in a sort of sphere.

Well the ruins dont stop at Regor sector, I believe that yes that is their home area however the ruins extend in many places out towards that permit area out at ngc 3603, also other regions known for guardian ruins have ruins that point back towards that area as opposed to regor, also a ton of systems with brain trees around the permit locked region border more than alot of any other area, I personally think this may be their last stand area against the AI, Or maybe some live there? or something else who knows but the sheer number of brain trees alone for any area just screams this permit region will hold something big regarding guardians with also more ruins directing towards it from regor while other areas just have rounded ruins in few systems in a sort of sphere.
Hmm, think verbal descriptions are maybe confusing matters slightly, so just had a bit of a look on maps.

Not sure what you mean when you say 'point'. are you talking about drawing lines through different ruins areas, or some kind of alignment within individual areas?

Also, just to be clear, are you saying that NGC 3603 is at the centre of a Braintree field?

Hmm, think verbal descriptions are maybe confusing matters slightly, so just had a bit of a look on maps.

Not sure what you mean when you say 'point'. are you talking about drawing lines through different ruins areas, or some kind of alignment within individual areas?

Also, just to be clear, are you saying that NGC 3603 is at the centre of a Braintree field?
Pretty much that, if we take guardian ruins (not around regor sector and near the bubble) they tend to be localised to just that area, however the ones around regor towards the bubble and col70 also push back towards eta carina and out to where this chap found these and the others already in the nebula sort of pointing towards this permit lock.

Also yes there are tons of systems on the border of that permit lock with brain trees more than iv seen in such an area compared to other places. I spent a year out that way and have my name on many systems due to it, i did post it a few times however i think either due to distnace or no finding any new types of ruins or newer "items" it was i think just left as one of those "its just more of the same thing"

Top Bottom