Guardian Shield Reinforcements - Power Priority

You could be right, but that makes it the only module in the game that consumes power without having adjustable power management priorities.

If the priority adopted the same value as my shield then that would be a decent compromise that I could work into my build; but defaulting to priority 1 is a pretty miserable when this is generally reserved for the minimum systems necessary to escape and survive in case of power plant failure.

Guardian SRPs and MRPs are intentionally fixed at priority 1. Make sure you have enough surplus power to account for this.

Guardian SRPs and MRPs are intentionally fixed at priority 1. Make sure you have enough surplus power to account for this.
Not sure it was originally intentional but it seems like it now is.

Back when Guardian modules first arrived, there were a bunch of complaints about how they couldn't be powered-down or managed via power-priorities and the dev's said they'd "look into it" but it doesn't seem like much has changed.
IIRC, the only thing that has changed is that for a while you couldn't reboot your shield if you had a GSB fitted but you now can.

Personally, I'm fine with the way Guardian modules work.
I guess the idea is that they have to be "hard-wired" into your ship's PP and that's the price you pay for the benefits they provide.

Funny, both were adjustable a few patches back. Anyway, if they would fix them at Pr2 it would be perfect, as that's where I would
set them at. But we can't have perfect now can we? Even if it's by accident.
X.

Why would you want to have a defensive system that can turn itself off when you're in hot water?
I have all my defensive stuff as Priority 1.
If your power plant is getting shot, then your shield is already down. A reinforcement for a no-longer-up shield is far less important than things like engines, FSD, and potentially guns.

Funny, both were adjustable a few patches back. Anyway, if they would fix them at Pr2 it would be perfect, as that's where I would
set them at. But we can't have perfect now can we? Even if it's by accident.
X.
The guardian jump booster is manageable. So when doing a scan mission, when I deploy hardpoints, I suddenly can't jump as far as I could before (but I still can enter SC which is enough for me, but that aside). I try to imagine what it would mean if I'd suddenly take away a piece of my hull when you switch of the GHRP? What if the hull hangs on a thread?

clicks off

baoom?

:unsure:

The guardian jump booster is manageable. So when doing a scan mission, when I deploy hardpoints, I suddenly can't jump as far as I could before (but I still can enter SC which is enough for me, but that aside). I try to imagine what it would mean if I'd suddenly take away a piece of my hull when you switch of the GHRP? What if the hull hangs on a thread?

clicks off

baoom?

:unsure:
I don't know most likely, but I never use those, only the GSRPs. And I (would) set them at P2 so they shut down same time as shields. By then shields are gone anyway, so I need all remaining powerplant to go to Thrusters/FSD/Sensors/Chaf/PD and Life Support.
X.

I managed to salvage my ship variant but at the expense of a single GSRP (~19% total shield) and some shuffling of power management priorities.

Currently I'm not convinced it is by design until FD themselves post as such (or someone can link some patch notes showing this change), after all they were adjustable initially and my ship variant relied on those power priorities. If they weren't like this to begin with that could of been taken into account during the ship building/engineering process.

I also don't buy it as an intrinsic structual component of the hull. The icon looks the same as the HRP or MRP, but the description reads:
"Powered module that increases the ship's shield health."

There is nothing in the description to indicate that the module has to be always powered on as far as I can tell and other Guardian modules don't have this same restriction (Guardian FSD Booster for example)...so I'm still leaning towards it being a bug.

I managed to salvage my ship variant but at the expense of a single GSRP (~19% total shield) and some shuffling of power management priorities.

Currently I'm not convinced it is by design until FD themselves post as such (or someone can link some patch notes showing this change), after all they were adjustable initially and my ship variant relied on those power priorities. If they weren't like this to begin with that could of been taken into account during the ship building/engineering process.

I also don't buy it as an intrinsic structual component of the hull. The icon looks the same as the HRP or MRP, but the description reads:
"Powered module that increases the ship's shield health."

There is nothing in the description to indicate that the module has to be always powered on as far as I can tell and other Guardian modules don't have this same restriction (Guardian FSD Booster for example)...so I'm still leaning towards it being a bug.
If you haven't already, please add a contribution to this "still not expired issue" I opened recently. Thank you. X.

If your power plant is getting shot, then your shield is already down. A reinforcement for a no-longer-up shield is far less important than things like engines, FSD, and potentially guns.
Fair point, now I have a great, great, great, great, grandmother I like to have a chat with that you can help me sort out when you've got a moment.

Top Bottom