Give hauler ships an innate cargohold to make them actual haulers

Because the station owns the port again why it hard to graps the idea that the port who makes money.....

..... yes i know none of this is in the game but this the fundemental nature of ports.
I get what you are saying. I think the confusion is in the phrasing of your posts. You are unintentionally stating your game preferences, ideas, and suggestions as actual elements of the game. Your ideas aren't bad, they are just getting interpreted as how you believe the game functions. Instead of just gaming ideas and preferences. This causes confusion for the reader.

The base problem is the obtuse outfitting. The logarithmic sized compartments with arbitrary 1 module limits. While this allows general flexibility it wastes tons of space and curtails stock customization, which limits role separation. Click and drag 3D outfitting ftw. Then more role-specialized stock loadouts. Then freedom to customize what's left in detail.
The current cargo system is another abandoned placeholder. Balanced loading, seeing how fast you can get it done, investing in equipment and personel to help. Many gameplay possibilities to flesh out trading but too many people see fleshing out the game as taking a step backward because things take longer.

Last edited:
We're not using the dockside stuff though, all it requires is for the dockside equipment to get the stuff into our cargo hatch and then it is our responsibility. The port can use whatever pallet carriers, conveyor tubes, robotic arms, flexible monorails or whatever it wants, but the moment our internal cargo handling systems engage with the canisters then it is up to us and our ship's systems. They don't have access to our ship's systems and we don't have access to their dockside handling systems.

It's much like how if you visit a home DiY shop or a Cash'n'Carry and buy some stuff, the staff will help you get it to the checkout, they'll even help you get it outside to your vehicle sometimes, but it's entirely up to you to ensure that everything is tethered down in a safe way inside your car/van/pickup and generally the staff interacting directly with your vehicle is frowned upon due to the potential for lawsuits in case they damage anything.
sigh that part your missing is that the original thing that kicked this off was a person saying that the ship captain would not need to hire a loadmaster but the very act of the fact that the dock would handle the cargo even if once inside the ship the the dock would still have handled it and thus there still would be a need to double check. furthermore the dock itself would provide its own person to oversee the exchange and insure that the exchange was done correctly which is a fee that a captain would have to pay for.
I get what you are saying. I think the confusion is in the phrasing of your posts. You are unintentionally stating your game preferences, ideas, and suggestions as actual elements of the game. Your ideas aren't bad, they are just getting interpreted as how you believe the game functions. Instead of just gaming ideas and preferences. This causes confusion for the reader.
I dont want this in the game I think thats what is being misunderstood. i'm not referring to the problem as a gameplay mechanic i'm refering to how elite dangerous would actually work if it was real (ie lore). the original person I was responded to was essential also making a statement about "lore" and not about gameplay. everything have I talked about would never see life as gameplay because it is unfun and as such would never be put into a game. the whole point was to go into explaining what the game will never properly go into because its would never be used for gameplay. Its why I mentioned in the first post that I do work in the import export industry.

You are no more an authority on that than anyone else in this thread.
It's 1300 years into the future, anything is possible
human nature is pretty set in stone furthermore from what have been show while advanced in tec the humanity itself has not really advanced. see all the war,smuggling,piracy, or are you just gonna ignore those?
You are no more an authority on that than anyone else in this thread.
well sense I actually work in the import and export industry I have a unique behind the scene view of how current systems work with the ability to examine how automation has affected it and were automation would take this industry. and i would say that my guesses would be far better than a person who is not in the same field.

Last edited:
You don't work 1300 years from now.
None of us do. None of us can say what will or will not happen.
Humans today are nothing like what they were in the 700s
Im gonna quote a book to you
"Nature can't evolve a species that hasn't the will to survive. Individuals might be bred to sacrifice themselves, but the race as a whole can never cease to exist"
in 1300 years humans are not gonna change that much we are gonna be still driven by the same things that drive us now, because at the fundmental core of it is humanity's will to survive.

Possibly but that has nothing to do with autonomous cargo loading.
OFFS I am not against automation and I fully believe that we will fully automate things in the future this will not stop humans from overseeing the robots nor being distrustful of other humans.

Stop trying to pretend that im anti-automation i have repeatedly shown that i both am not against in and in fact support it.

I haven't once suggested you are anti-automation.
You are saying things how things will be when none of us have any idea whay will happen a millennium + from now.

I haven't once suggested you are anti-automation.
You are saying things how things will be when none of us have any idea whay will happen a millennium + from now.
no im saying that no matter the level of automation we have 1000+ years from now we'll still have people overseeing it and that human nature does not change.

yes i can because humans nature does not change
It's not about human nature, it's about technological advancment.
I can certainly tell you that in my industry, civil construction, the level of human interaction with the process has plumetted in the 37 years I have been doing it with the rise in automation. My job today is vastly different to when I first started.

It's not about human nature, it's about technological advancment.
I can certainly tell you that in my industry, civil construction, the level of human interaction with the process has plumetted in the 37 years I have been doing it with the rise in automation. My job today is vastly different to when I first started.
you know what im sick of this im tired of arguing in circles with you. so im just gonna turn your own argument on you
You don't work 1300 years from now. so you have no room to argue with me about it bye felicia

I dont want this in the game I think thats what is being misunderstood. i'm not referring to the problem as a gameplay mechanic i'm refering to how elite dangerous would actually work if it was real (ie lore).
You are stating your own assumptions, wishes, and desires as ED universe fact.

You have no idea what activities are being done in the stations outside of our ship. Perhaps there is a crew of 50 space monkeys directed by Aisling Duval loading our ship. Maybe genetically engineered penguins refuel our ships. The station I'm currently at is secretly hiding a full sized re-creation of Candy Land in the body of the station. It is just speculation.

Great point except..... well not really. You just spent a couple dozen posts arguing how unrealistic a video game set over 1000 years in the future by using examples of modern day technology. Arguing about the reliability of current day automated material handling systems, control systems, and our ability to perform product tracking and routing along with the mechanical aspect of reliably locking containers in place. All of which is currently pretty good with a high level of reliability. In the year 2020. (Edit: yes there many examples of poor design and implementation too.)

The intended thread discussion was how to make ED cargo ships more relevant in the game. Apparently you want your own thread to discuss the realism of the game instead. And your arguments flutter all over, looping around in circles. Feel free to start your own thread and state your list of unrealistic game elements. In a thread focused on that topic.

Edit: seriously, now you are comparing our single-pilot ships to the Farragut Battle Cruiser??? Wrong thread, make your own. Go ahead.... make a new thread titled "If our ships can operate with crew of 1 why does the Farrgut require 7000" and post your argument.
20200528_110515.png

Asp

20200528_110438.png

(Not a farrugut but theyre similar in size)

Capital ship.

You are stating your own assumptions, wishes, and desires as ED universe fact.
no i'm stating my own experience from working the import and export remember this whole thing is about weather or not a Loadmaster exists. no what im saying is hey this is how a port works and its highly unlikely that this system would ever change even when fully automated.
You have no idea what activities are being done in the stations outside of our ship. Perhaps there is a crew of 50 space monkeys directed by Aisling Duval loading our ship. Maybe genetically engineered penguins refuel our ships. The station I'm currently at is secretly hiding a full sized re-creation of Candy Land in the body of the station. It is just speculation.
ok then what gives you the power to argue that no im wrong or that im not allowed to express me ideas... see you keep moving the bloody goals if you dont like it your allowed to not like it but you have no right to try and shut down my tryign to spread information on how a real actual port works and how that knowledge can be applied to ED. if you dont like it ignore it.

Top Bottom