Give hauler ships an innate cargohold to make them actual haulers

so if a captain is docking at a terminal that they don't own why would the terminal risk damage lawsuits etc by letting the captain be in charge of unloading?
In ED there is absolutely no indication that the cmdr or ship crew leave the ship or operate any station equipment. There is also no indication that station crew board the ship during cargo transfer. Also we pay no docking fees, stn crew, or load master. Nothing in-game suggests this.

In the current real world there are unattended cargo unloading and material handling systems. Along with automated manifest, data tracking, tracability. Pretty sure in 1000 years they can have that too. We know that in ED sensors exist that can determine the contents of containers, and wether its stolen or illegal.

Cmdrs do not care about damage to the cargo during load/unload. We transport products as-is. We are not back-charged for damage. Also common in real world, depends on contractual arrangements.

The post you were responding to was discussing the ship. Not the station. The cmdr does not pay station crew or is directly involved in cargo load/unload. This thread is about cargo ships. Not station docks.

We don't know anything about the station's internal operations.

Feel free to continue argue these basic facts.

now there might be the case of some small ports being run by a company something I dont doubt but im not sure because i only work have experience at mine and mine is a multi
Why do you admit being unsure of the activities of present day ports because you don't work in them, yet tell us for certain what would go on in a port that doesn't exist anywhere outside the realms of a fictional society set 1000+ years in the future?

not as shallow as yours i'm guessing you just wikied ports/docks right? now there might be the case of some small ports being run by a company something I dont doubt but im not sure because i only work have experience at mine and mine is a multi.so lets add a little knowledge to that wiki seach you did.
Yes, I know how to use the internet.

Maersk_3.png

Yes, I know how to use the internet.

View attachment 175173
oh look your once again focasing on automation and completely ignoring what i said or why which is human oversight I love how you two just shut your ears and love to talk in circles. im not against automation and never been against it. but automation will never replace and oversight role. are you two that dim or are you just trolls.

In ED there is absolutely no indication that the cmdr or ship crew leave the ship or operate any station equipment. There is also no indication that station crew board the ship during cargo transfer. Also we pay no docking fees, stn crew, or load master. Nothing in-game suggests this.
what would it add to the game to include it not a thing. just because something is not depicted in game does not mean it does not exist games exist to be fun and if a feature is not gonna bring enjoyment then guess what a game devs not gonna put it in. do you know what would happen if we had docking fees people would riot.
but just because its fun to beat you over you head with your own arguments lets strangle you with this one. the game does indicate that the pilot eats.. nor that he sleeps, heck it does not even indicate if they use the restroom. i guess pilots in elite dangerous dont do any of those things.

Look more closely at the picture.

I didn't post it because of the mention of automation. It is hilarious though that you didn't catch the point.
well as dont live in la i wouldnt know about that ohh hey what this little google seach. maesk also ports, apl, cosco, safmarine, evergreen, hamburg, cma, cgm, HMM, msc. thats a whole lot of shipping lines that they dont own yet service and if you wanna try to say maesk owns cosco well china's gonna want to have a word with you.

Why do you admit being unsure of the activities of present day ports because you don't work in them, yet tell us for certain what would go on in a port that doesn't exist anywhere outside the realms of a fictional society set 1000+ years in the future?
because i know what happens in my port I dont know what happens in say maesk terminal because thats all the way in LA are you saying that a person has to be omnipresent to be able to use their first hand knowledge? now i can make a good guess because most terminals operate the same or at least very similar but i'm not ignorant enough to try and claim that all ports are 100% the same. is like demanding that a dock worker in jameson memorial an orbis starports knows the exact ins and outs at say hutton outpost.

Last edited:
Themed parks have existed over 2000 years. People have always shown a desire for entertainment and large gatherings. Why do you think they won't exist in the future? But the stations definitely need more available parking.

I think its perfectly reasonable to imagine station personnel doing various activities, including cargo inspection and handling. Belongs in a separate RP thread though.

Or you can post your own suggestion thread about having more station activities.

Themed parks have existed over 2000 years. People have always shown a desire for entertainment and large gatherings. Why do you think they won't exist in the future? But the stations definitely need more available parking.
yawn still more appeal to the extreme when will you grasp that a logical fallacy is not an argument.
I think its perfectly reasonable to imagine station personnel doing various activities, including cargo inspection and handling. Belongs in a separate RP thread though.
then stop arguing and leave and the thread will die then im more than happy to not post in here but im not letting you get the last word. you started this fight you keep draging it out and you can end it. both you and mag claim to want to stop yet you both keep posting.

Last edited:
when will you grasp that a logical fallacy is not an argument.
eeeeya... you just can't check your statement before you press the post button can ya.

It is a strangely ironic statement though. Kinda a thing of beauty really. I might use that phrase in future! thx! :LOL:
(obviously to be used in a highly ironic context. You gotta know what a logical fallacy is though to understand)

Last edited:
It is a strangely ironic statement though. Kinda a thing of beauty really. I might use that phrase in future! thx! :LOL:
(obviously to be used in a highly ironic context. You gotta know what a logical fallacy is though to understa
no its an apeal to the extreme as you are trying to shift the goal posts onto your absurd candyland nonsense none of which has nothing to do with this thread. which is a point you used to keep making have you final snapped or are you giving up all pretext and just trolling now.
No I am saying that no one has any knowledge of what will happen in 1300 years time.
which is not an argument heres a wall argue with it mag im done with you your ether a troll or a dullard.

It's the entire argument, you just don't seem to have the faculties to understand that
ok mag this is gonna be my last direct reply to you after this im will only reply to something you said if reaplying to grease and i feel you actually need a reply because at this point you have lost the plot, talking in circles you actual have a point.....

YOU DONT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN ETHER WHICH MEANS YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY IM WRONG OR SAY IM NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT IT. I HAVE APPLIED REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE IN WHAT WOULD BE A SIMILAR FIELD TO GUESS AT WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. IN THIS CASE IM USING MY KNOWLAGE TO HYPOTHESES ON REQUIREMENT OF OVERSIGHT. SO UNLESS YOU CAN COUNTER WITH SOMETHING TO SHOW THAT IM BASING MY HYPOTHESES ON FAULTY INFO (good luck) PLEASE KINDLY STOP. TELLING ME THAT I DONT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN. i put it caps with the idea that maybe that will get though your thick head.
Sweety, the picture above clearly states the ship owner owns the loading facility, something you've repeatedly said would never happen
yea I read the headline because he didnt say i should actual look at the picture i thought he wanted me to read the article. the funny thing is with a simpile google search I showed that maesk terminal also ports alot of ship lines that they dont own shocker is almost like the world does not have enough ports for how many shipping companies there are and I actually might know what im talking about.

Top Bottom