Give hauler ships an innate cargohold to make them actual haulers

ok then what gives you the power to argue that no im wrong or that im not allowed to express me ideas
You are stating your own assumptions, wishes, and desires as ED universe fact.
You are free to express your ideas. RP is a really great aspect of the game. But posting your ideas as ED universe facts will be met with resistance, especially on threads that are not related to RP.

It is common to make game suggestions based on our ideas and assumptions. This is a suggestions forum. Suggesting station docks should have more activities is great (in a different thread of course). Don't confuse game suggestions with statements of game facts.

BTW, for all you cmdrs that like some R&R, Shepard Cooperative (Ross 986) has a full sized re-creation of the classic Candy Land inside the main portion of the station. Deck 5E. Down the hall from the fancy sushi restaurant. Can't miss it, big candy canes outside in the hall.😅 🌈🍧🍭🍬🍥

--> see how this is would be odd in an unrelated non-RP thread located on the ED Suggestions forum? Especially if I started seriously arguing with other cmdrs about it, how the game has issues that conflict my ideas of Candy Land. Why wouldn't space stations have theme parks? Obviously people in the future want fun places to go. But where are the large parking lots? The stations don't have nearly enough parking spaces. The game is unrealistic because it doesn't support Candy Land!!!

Last edited:
You are free to express your ideas. RP is a really great aspect of the game. But posting your ideas as ED universe facts will be met with resistance, especially on threads that are not related to RP.
im not presensting them as facts and I have been quite open in the fact that they are not facts. and its not bloody rp both you and mag need to off you keep trying to twist this into somethings its not and you both trying to do it to "win" if you weren't you both would have left by now both of you have dragged this argument on well past when it should have been ended and both you have gone completely off the deep in taking things to such far extreams to score your points. the orginal post was about the operations of the dock and need of a "loadmaster" I responded with my knowlage of working on a dock.
--> see how this is would be odd in an unrelated non-RP thread located on the ED Suggestions forum? Especially if I started seriously arguing with other cmdrs about it, how the game has issues that conflict my ideas of Candy Land. Why wouldn't space stations have theme parks? Obviously people in the future want fun places to go. But where are the large parking lots? The stations don't have nearly enough parking spaces. The game is unrealistic because it doesn't support Candy Land!!!
first of you committing a logical fallacy here which is appeal to the extreme. secondly I was directly replying to a posters comment about dock work in this thread and appling my personal first hand knowledge and experience since i work on a dock. funny enough mag like that comment but you took offence to it and stretched it into this multi page argument. if you don't like the comment fine but stop trying to win an argument. you have now personally attacked me, twisted what I said , and now used a logical fallacy its time for this to end it just drop it.

You haven't though, you have been insistent that because you work on a 21st century dock on Earth that you are able to say without equivocation what will happen on a space station 1300 years from now.
no im saying i could make and educated guess because I actually work on a dock i know what its like which gives me some insight on the probable outcomes.
have you worked a dock?

Ya, the guys in the picture below worked at a dock too.

View attachment 175096
no I doubt the artist work on a dock... and definitely the pictures are inanimate sooo definitely did not work on a dock. jokes aside what is depected is not far off from dock work today though now we have crains and some level of automation. also it seem to depict them pouring grain into a larger container which is not far off from today, grain ships are loaded by pouring the grain into the hold.

Last edited:
This is a period picture of a boat being loaded at a Roman dock. Admittedly circa 117AD when the Roman Empire was pretty strong. I couldn't find any pictures of an operating dock between 500-1000AD. Dark ages, plague etc. I guess pictures became less important when people were dying of plague maybe?

At your dock do you get lots of wooden sailing ships? These guys were were pretty sure diesel engines were gonna get invented soon. And these guys got a female supervisor in a few years. When the labor union got hold wearing shoes became mandatory. Notice the high-tech measuring techniques. I think their weigh scale was broken on that day.

no im saying i could make and educated guess because I actually work on a dock i know what its like which gives me some insight on the probable outcomes.
have you worked a dock?
As I said to you above I work in automation but as I also said above present experience is meaningless, anything can happen in 1300 years.
Yet still you continue to insist that is impossible and that there could be no other outcome than what you propose while at the same time claiming you aren't.

I work in automation but as I also said above present experience is meaningless, anything can happen in 1300 years.
say it with me maggy im not against automation a dock can be fully automated. a ship captain will never own a spacestations port. that is the issue the captain does not own the port and the port does not own the ship they are independent parties
your dock do you get lots of wooden sailing ships? These guys were were pretty sure diesel engines were gonna get invented soon. And these guys got a female supervisor in a few years. When the labor union got hold wearing shoes became mandatory. Notice the high-tech measuring techniques. I think their weigh scale was broken on that day.
OFFS its like talking to wall hell you even ignored above were I even mentioned our current level of automation. just like with maggie say it with me the captain will never own a spacestations port and the port will never own the ship they are independent parties.

the captain will never own a spacestations port and the port will never own the ship they are independent parties.
I really have no idea how your statement is relevant to this thread. But you better let FDev know this ASAP because they are about to release FCs. You better tell them to put the brakes on that release cause its just not possible for a captain to own a space station.

Anyhoo... Why would you think the owner of ships never owns/operates ports and vice-versa? Where do you get this idea from? Thats a pretty strange thing to say, and very easy to verify as incorrect. You should really think a bit before posting.

say it with me maggy im not against automation a dock can be fully automated.
Being patronising doesn't help your cause. At no point have I said you were against automation, that is yet another thing that you have in your head that isn't true.

a ship captain will never own a spacestations port. that is the issue the captain does not own the port and the port does not own the ship they are independent parties
That is not in any way relevant to anything in this thread.

the captain will never own a spacestations port
Jaques Station - Owned by the cyborg bartender Jaques ........

Last edited:
That is not in any way relevant to anything in this thread.
I really have no idea how your statement is relevant to this thread
then both of you stop arguing and leave you two are the ones that are draggint this out
the original comment was over a captain loading his ship and not having to pay for a load master to which i pointed out that the ship captain does not own the dock and the docks not gonna risk a legal fight over something happening on thier dock. both you have dragged this argument far from what it originally was with the only really rebuttal being well automation ( which is not a counter argument) and well you live now you dont know whats gonna happen in 1300 years, which again is not really an argument since im trying to apply my practical knowledge which does fit the situation.
If you dont like that this is not "relevant" to the topic then drop it and walk away, you two are the ones dragging it out in some vain attempt to "win" a fight you started.

the original comment was over a captain loading his ship and not having to pay for a load master to which i pointed out that the ship captain does not own the dock and the docks not gonna risk a legal fight over something happening on thier dock.
The only thing dragging it out is you presenting this conjecture as fact.

As far as i'm concerned ships are ok-ish.
But there is an aspect that's ruining it for me - bullet-sponges due to mrp/hrp/scb stacking, which also creates strong imbalances between a dedicated combat ship (military ship) and a general utility ship (trader, miner, mission runner - anything that is not dedicated to combat exclusively)
A vehicle built for military purposes is designed to be sturdier, more resistant to enemy fire, than a pure-bred cargo hauler. Sounds entirely reasonable and realistic to me.

I mean, your average IFV (Infantry Fighting Vehicle) carries a certain amount of protection for its crew and passengers. A civilian bus, for instance, does not.

Balancing general utility ships vs dedicated combat ships is a losing battle. One can do lots of things, the other is good only at one thing, and one thing only: fighting. It is, therefore, only logical that it is BETTER at this than the general-purpose vessel.

im trying to apply my practical knowledge which does fit the situation.
Your information regarding shipping and docks is extremely shallow and limited. While your ideas might be true in many cases, the largest shipping and logistics companies in the world own and operate ships, trucks, trains, airplanes, ports and terminals, logistics centers, and employ thousands of people that work at these locations. Including captains, pilots, ground crew, IT support, and administrators.

On a smaller scale many businesses own there own trucks. Sometimes entire fleets of trucks. Manufacturing, agricultural, and food/beverage. Train companies have often operate their own train yards, while the cargo containers might be owned by someone else, and the contents of those containers by someone else again.

In the case of ED there is a well defined hand-off point between our ships and the station. Unattended automated loading of transport vehicles at locations is also common in the modern world. From a responsibility and legal pov this is fine and normal. I'm not saying anything about station administration or oversight. We don't know anything about the station's internal operations.

So what exactly is your point and how is it relevant to this thread?

Last edited:
Your information regarding shipping and docks is extremely shallow and limited. While your ideas might be true in many cases, the largest shipping and logistics companies in the world own and operate ships, trucks, trains, airplanes, ports and terminals, logistics centers, and employ thousands of people that work at these locations. Including captains, pilots, ground crew, IT support, and administrators.
not as shallow as yours i'm guessing you just wikied ports/docks right? now there might be the case of some small ports being run by a company something I dont doubt but im not sure because i only work have experience at mine and mine is a multi.so lets add a little knowledge to that wiki seach you did. first off at a port it is divided up into terminals some large some tiny these terminals are the companies that handed the loading and unloading as and example you have the Mahar terminal up in New Jersey Mahar works in conjunction with millennium rail which in turn services csx, nsr. want to know how many boats mahar owns? 0. about trains? 0. the boats that dock at mahar are owned by cosco, Tacton not by mahar etc.

"So what exactly is your point and how is it relevant to this thread? " because the original post i was replying to that you decided to pick a fight over was about human oversite on a terminal with the poster saying that a "loadmaster" would not need to be hired. and btw before dig up some small part that owns its own boats I want to point out that as a freelance captain if the elite was real, they would have a port of call at place like maher not some tiny privet terminal because they are private for a reason.
so if a captain is docking at a terminal that they don't own why would the terminal risk damage lawsuits etc by letting the captain be in charge of unloading? they wouldn't which is what i said.

Last edited:
Top Bottom