Distant Worlds II Event Geology and Organics Department

A little bit of some data for you so far.

We have scouted:

345 Systems

We have located:

238 Biological Sites
7288 Geological Sites

These have not all been surveyed yet, of course, but still that's a lot of places to visit. Haha

Voice coms? I can't find #dw2-geology-and-organics, i have typed ?rank DW2 Geologist in to #dw2-rank and got the appropriate reply,but still cant find the chanel

A little bit of some data for you so far.

We have scouted:

345 Systems

We have located:

238 Biological Sites
7288 Geological Sites

These have not all been surveyed yet, of course, but still that's a lot of places to visit. Haha

So let the scouts and scan so many points))) Whoever found, he lands !!! And even I did not reach the first waypoint:(

Don't know if this is the proper place but:

Last night a commander wanted a ship with scanners to investigate biologicals in a system near the lagoon nebula. I don't remember the name, it is written down at home.

It contained 3 instances of mollusks. The kind that like to bump your ship with a squishy sound. One cloud was brownish and thin, the other two were black (or non existent) and full of spiky things.

I scanned them with everything I had. Don't know if they show in the codex or has to wait until that data is sold.

Last edited:
Don't know if this is the proper place but:

Last night a commander wanted a ship with scanners to investigate biologicals in a system near the lagoon nebula. I don't remember the name, it is written down at home.

It contained 3 instances of mollusks. They kind that like to bump your ship with a squishy sound. One cloud was brownish and thin, the other two were black (or non existent) and full of spiky things.

I scanned them with everything I had. Don't know if they show in the codex or has to wait until that data is sold.

Probably you have already found them in this region, so nothing is reported about this find in the codex.

NOTICE:
Now that the big launch has been completed and we are all busy at work and exploring. I thought perhaps for each subsequent launch we can try to do it together. So here is my PG.

MADRAPTOR

Feel free to join and then when we launch for the next Waypoint we can do it as a Department.

Also, sorry Optimal for deleting your post on the first page...wanted the even info to go right under the OP.

Last edited:
Voice coms? I can't find #dw2-geology-and-organics, i have typed ?rank DW2 Geologist in to #dw2-rank and got the appropriate reply,but still cant find the chanel

Being a total Discord Noob struggled to find the channel to. Was able to get to it in the end. Needed to first get rank to DW2 "?rank Distant worlds 2" this turned my name blue then "?rank dw2-geology" now I can see the channel.

Never used Discord before so wish I could explain it better.

Still not found a voice channel thou.

As we probably won't have a named voice channel, I was asking myself 'what is a number related to Geology'...
All I could come up with is 3, since we're on the third rock from the sun. (Amusing factoid: NASA offers an internet radio station that they tongue in cheek called 'Third Rock')

So when I show up in later EST times, let's see if we can't invade channel three! XD

As we probably won't have a named voice channel, I was asking myself 'what is a number related to Geology'...
All I could come up with is 3, since we're on the third rock from the sun. (Amusing factoid: NASA offers an internet radio station that they tongue in cheek called 'Third Rock')

So when I show up in later EST times, let's see if we can't invade channel three! XD

Sounds good to me. haha. What I can do is everytime I'm in game I'll just open up DW2 Wing chat 3 and hang out until I'm off. Might not always be available to talk but in those cases we can use the geo chat to communicate.

NOTICE:
Now that the big launch has been completed and we are all busy at work and exploring. I thought perhaps for each subsequent launch we can try to do it together. So here is my PG.

MADRAPTOR

Feel free to join and then when we launch for the next Waypoint we can do it as a Department.

Also, sorry Optimal for deleting your post on the first page...wanted the even info to go right under the OP.

Sounds good, currently have access to FleetComm and Mobius PGs (as I was a member of Mobius prior to DW2). Will join when I get off work. Currently at Cinnabar Moth Nebula in game as my goal is to space out the Sunday-Friday Waypoint runs between the days with the goal of reaching the base camps each week on Fridays and spending the weekend there exploring and whatnot. Im slightly ahead of schedule as its Thursday and im already at Cinnabar despite taking a detour for Bug Nebula. So I may arrive at the basecamp tonight. I'm EST myself so im usually on after 5pm EST during the weekdays after work. On the weekends however I am off work to do whatever.

Is there any idea when the basecamp meet will take place or the group launch for waypoint 3? I plan to attend if it works out time wise. I assume we won't know until stuff draws closer?

Last edited:
Also wanted to point out I filled out a Role Sign-Up sheet for Mapper and noticed im not showing up on Roles tab for the Scouting & Assignment Airtable page. Should I fill out another one?

Hey Geology team, I dont know if it's of interest to you - or the proper channel for submissions - but I found a system with about 80 bodies, where 25% of which (give or take) had geological features. (Didn't check any though, so no idea what they are.)

000057.jpg

Hello All, I am new to the Forum and the Geology Team. As part of DW2, I have scouted many systems and have reported them. I see that I can pick a survey target. Then what do I do? Just do a surface scan of the planet? What else do I need to do to complete a survey of a planet?

I got to Blu Thua GI-B b55-2 (Cycladia). Data on geology are accumulating. Where to report on them, in which table / form to fill out? Well, there were a lot of questions about the mechanics of research.
In short, I will tell my technology. It seems to be getting used slowly. But I would like to improve it or even change it.

So. From the way point I try not to fly directly to the next point, but fly 500ly down or up. Then pave the route to the next point.
Since I play in a vr-helmet, I do not change the route. This is not very convenient in VR.
The EDMarketConnector, EDDiscovery and Captaine Log programs have been launched, in which I keep a manual record of all geological finds. I usually visit no more than two geological signals on the planet.
I choose chaotically (the bright side of the planet is more convenient). Arriving at the geological point, scan the find. Without taking off the vr, I record it on a handheld voice recorder:
1) planet number
2) coordinates
3) geological signal number
4) time stamp
and so on all the planets of the system.
When you fly out of the system, I take off my helmet and fill in Captaine Logs, listening to the recorder and checking the Codex object from the EDDiscovery for a time stamp.
Thus, when I fly out of the system, I have all the information about the finds with coordinates in Captaine Logs.
Something like this...

I have never met biological signals, and even more so anomalies ...
How and where to find them? Tell me.

Hello All, I am new to the Forum and the Geology Team. As part of DW2, I have scouted many systems and have reported them. I see that I can pick a survey target. Then what do I do? Just do a surface scan of the planet? What else do I need to do to complete a survey of a planet?
Questions in principle are common. Executives, please answer.
I filled out a role selection form a couple of days ago.https://airtable.com/shrYkjMC0jPK2m41B Today is the second time
And I'm not on the list. there are generally few pilots. https://airtable.com/shrrJAMs6YZ8pvIM2/tblqatsEUkeHHgmlH/viwcjvbe9DEfq6ZGH

Last edited:
NOTICE:

MADRAPTOR

Why is this notice in grey? Has it, and the idea, been withdrawn?

If not can CMDR MadRaptor please give us some detailed instructions on how to join.

Thank you for this information CMDR Kostyarico. This is helpful information. Similarly, I have not yet biological signals, however when I did a composition scan of water ice fumaroles on a planet, I thought I received a message referencing biological activity.

Top Bottom