ANNOUNCEMENT Gamescom Reveals - Fleet Carrier Details

I'm kinda hoping the fuel resource isn't available everywhere, like in every system, so cmdrs need to be somewhat careful about fuelling, plotting and collection.
Then it'll mean new calls to the Fuel Rats: "hey my carrier is out of fuel, between Trojan Belt and Dryman's point" "no worries, sending a rat-swarm out", and dispatch assigning like 20 ratcondas to relay fuel in :D
From what we've seen, carriers can't be flown like other ships. So you will collect fuel in a normal ship and take it to the carrier. If the carrier runs out in a system without the resources, you just need to carry the fuel in from further afield.

Last edited:
From what we've seen, carriers can't be flown like other ships. So you will collect fuel in a normal ship and take it to the carrier. If the carrier runs out in a system without the resources, you just need to carry the fuel in from further afield.
I thought it was indicated the head of the ship can seperate and go mine the resource.

I thought it was indicated the head of the ship can seperate and go mine the resource.
We've really got no idea why we're getting two ships for the price of one. Maybe the docking component has to be a single model. I don't think we've seen the other part either move or dock. If it can move, then it can probably use hyperspace. It's probably too big to scoop a gas giant or fit between the rocks in a ring though.

I never really got involved in all the talk about carriers so have no clue what their purpose are for. Tried to search for an answer and didn't find one.
Would this mean I could carry all my ships with me and travel anywhere using the carrier as a home base? Would be kind of handy if so instead of having ships all over the galaxy.

I never really got involved in all the talk about carriers so have no clue what their purpose are for. Tried to search for an answer and didn't find one.
Would this mean I could carry all my ships with me and travel anywhere using the carrier as a home base? Would be kind of handy if so instead of having ships all over the galaxy.
I believe that's the basic idea.

If this was cross-platform, it'd be quite useful.
Then I could load my PC ships onto my PS4 account's carrier, travel somewhere, and use both account's ships far more easily in the same place (CG's, exploring, mat farming etc).

I'm still hopeful Elite will be cross-platform with the New Era Season... Sony has already dropped restrictions for this to happend on their side.

Nobody knows. But that's the most common speculation.

actually the idea of Carrier having an instance in all Platforms simultaiously, should be a cheap, 100% bug-free and elegant solution to initially open the frontier between the parallel Unverses between the platforms.
And nice really that most likely FD wouldn´t have to pay any wigs to Sony and MS..... :devilish:

Top Bottom