ANNOUNCEMENT Gamescom Reveals - Fleet Carrier Details

I think they mention a cap of a single carrier per system and those, will be depending on the config, public or privates across in all the instances of the same system.
I wish they implement a fee to use them so we can pay the upkeep of the carries based on the fee collected by other players

You're tempting fate, someone from FD might want to see that.
In fact, this might even deserve a kickstarter, or whatever you pledge to create a feature, 'cause I'd like to see that.
AA has to eat his pants.
What is that worth to any/everyone?

How do hangers work now? Consider this scenario:

5pm: Adam docks at Fred Station and is allocated pad 32. He puts the ship into the hanger and logs out.
6pm: Bruce docks at Fred Station and is allocated pad 32. He leaves the ship on the pad and logs out.

10pm: Both Adam and Bruce log in and join the same instance. Bruce starts considering what sort of cargo to buy. Adam selects Launch.

Will it never happen because there can only be one ship to one pad and hangers do not really exist? Is Adam blocked from launching until Bruce clears the pad? Is Adam moved to another pad? Does Adam move invisibly through the pad even though Bruce is in the same instance?

This sort of thing will be rare now, but it will happen all the time if FCs have hangers and they are used by squadrons.

How do hangers work now? Consider this scenario:

5pm: Adam docks at Fred Station and is allocated pad 32. He puts the ship into the hanger and logs out.
6pm: Bruce docks at Fred Station and is allocated pad 32. He leaves the ship on the pad and logs out.

10pm: Both Adam and Bruce log in and join the same instance. Bruce starts considering what sort of cargo to buy. Adam selects Launch.

Will it never happen because there can only be one ship to one pad and hangers do not really exist? Is Adam blocked from launching until Bruce clears the pad? Is Adam moved to another pad? Does Adam move invisibly through the pad even though Bruce is in the same instance?

This sort of thing will be rare now, but it will happen all the time if FCs have hangers and they are used by squadrons.
They get different instances. Same as happens with Outposts right now.

If it's only one per instance then may be anyone can simply jump to any location and it becomes a USS. Then anyone can go to anyone elses USS if desired. It may not be 1 per solar system then. And as many as desired could mine at a good node etc.

But different instances would be annoying for squadrons, yes?
But FC are no longer primarily about squadrons and instancing is often annoying, however the other option is that one of them will be on a different pad I have noticed on occasions when I bothered to think about it that I had logged out when on a pad near the front of the station but when I next logged in I am in one of the awkward pads at the back under the spikes.

Well, that doesn't change the fact that--for now--FDev have clearly said one Personal Carrier per instance.
I have a feeling isntance will be a USS. Then we can take them anywhere and target planets, but there will only be one per USS instance. Then it's like visiting one of those capital ships.

When is the next livestream btw?

Did we just have one. I can never figure out when they are.

Last edited:
When is the next livestream btw?

Did we just have one. I can never figure out when they are.
there is an official thread annoucing the livestreams

Top Bottom