Full Throttle at Pareco - an official Frontier Developments race in conjunction with the Buckyball Racing Club

LOL - I bet I'm not the only one who just rushed off and googled "umbra witch jeanne"! 😂

You learn something in every Buckyball Race. Sometimes it's how to efficiently deploy and control ship launched fighters, sometimes it's Norse mythology, today it's about characters from PlatinumGames' "hack and slash action-adventure"!

One day I'll tell you how my Mamba's name is connected to being quoted in the Evening Standard for calling Bob Dylan a cantankerous old B@$£&£D! ;)

This is the first race I've entered.
It's the first time I've flown a Viper Mk III - boy does it move! Crap brakes, though ;)
You'll see a LOT of my paint around - mainly around the landing pads I overshot!

BUT - I got 13.99 landings (the 14th was 1 second over the 20 minutes!) on my first attempt - so probably beginners luck, but I'll be trying in anger tomorrow night (Aussie time).

Was just a shame there were no humans there to chat to!

thanks to the organisers! I don't expect to win anything, but it's been great fun so far!

P.S. I video'd my run but had the audio on, so probably can't upload it without a XXX rated warning due to the language!

@SirMaxxx unless I've misunderstood the rules, your 14th landing will count and also give an excellent "tie-breaker" time of 1 second.
From what I understood, it means I have 13 landings plus a 1 second 'tiebreaker', rather than 14 landings?

Also, as long as it's not posted onto the forum, I'm pretty sure @Alec Turner doesn't mind a little bad language. ;)
You misunderstand! This wasn't a little bad language - it was a full on four-letter-word laden version of Basil Fawlty berating his car rage!

:) Still, I might just upload it to youtube later!

You misunderstand! This wasn't a little bad language - it was a full on four-letter-word laden version of Basil Fawlty berating his car rage!

:) Still, I might just upload it to youtube later!
😂 Well, as the hosts of Lave Radio will attest from my recent guest appearance, I'm not averse to some four-letter-wordage so, unless you're expressing opinions about the organiser which you subsequently regret saying 🤐 then go for it!

P.S. welcome to the Buckyball Racing Club!

P.P.S. "BUT - I got 13.99 landings (the 14th was 1 second over the 20 minutes!)" - yup, so that's 14 landings then (your 13th was under 20 mins so you keep going)

Last edited:
Just squeezing in one more scoreboard update before the livestream ...

So Ultravi came back, this time flying the correct route, and very briefly tasted what it was like to be in second place with a 16 stop Unlimited run (jussst managing to land and take off again from Asire before the 20 minutes was up).

However, no sooner was that run submitted than Edelgard Von Rhein was back in Quarrel, also achieving 16 stops but making it to Crown 16 seconds faster than his rival and with a 50 Credit fine for clipping a Diamondback.

Looks like we have ourselves a classic Buckyball podium fight!

o7

Top Bottom