Frequent crashes in franchise mode

I tried 5-6 times playing franchise mode but the game crashes abruptly and I lose all the advancement even though I regularly save while playing. It always starts with a particular save. And this happens within 10 minutes.
I tried playing sandbox, the game didn't crash even for an hour.

I too have this problem, crashed 3 times today and now my save won't even load.. I get the loading screen and then it crashes. Hope it'll gets fixed soon cause if not I've just lost about 50+ hours of progress... :c

I think its because of too many Guests in the Zoo. They really should add something like a Button to hide the Guests or a Button which immediately gets rid of the Guests. I think the Guests are the Reason why my first Zoo is unplayable (I have more than 3000 Guests there) I also have this Problem with one of my other Zoos (more than 2000 Guests). I tried closing the Park to get rid of the Humans but the Game crashes too fast. Even if I pause the Game and go to my new Enclosure where no Guests are, it crashes after a few Seconds

Edit: I was able to save my Zoo in Africa from Crashing with the lowest possible Graphic-Settings while the People walked out of the Park.
But sadly I wasn't able to save my first Zoo with this Method. Maybe 3000 People are even to much for the lowest Graphic-Settings

Last edited:
I found the solution. Had to delete that particular zoo. Something is buggy with the blueprints that are even created now by me, not steam blueprints.

Hi Tatu,

Has it crashed today for you even after the update they did? As they worked on Multiple crash and stability fixes And Optimisations on server load.

As for sandbox mode they added guest limits that might help with the crashes/lag. I'm going to set mine to 1k to see if I lag/crash less.

Hi Tatu,

Has it crashed today for you even after the update they did? As they worked on Multiple crash and stability fixes And Optimisations on server load.

As for sandbox mode they added guest limits that might help with the crashes/lag. I'm going to set mine to 1k to see if I lag/crash less.
Hi LovelyLisa,

Game in my system has not been updated yet, it shows 1.0.2 build. I think the problem with my zoo was that I used a blueprint for climbing frame that I had built during beta. Also in one other zoo I have used habitat blue print I made after release and it also has bugs like... I cannot place animals in one of the habitat even though it is powered and all, even mechanics wont go to repair it.

As of now after deleting that zoo I can play franchise mode for hours.

Top Bottom