Focused Feedback - Xbox One Participants

Anyone running into issues when trying to broadcast on twitch (or mixer for that matter)? I keep getting an error "this game doesn't allow broadcasting". What the hell?

Are you trying to broadcast the BETA? The console version might have some permission tags missing as it won't allow you to record clips or screenshots either. It's obviously broadcast from pc but I believe the console version to be trickier for those sorts of things.

Are you trying to broadcast the BETA? The console version might have some permission tags missing as it won't allow you to record clips or screenshots either. It's obviously broadcast from pc but I believe the console version to be trickier for those sorts of things.
Yeah it's the beta

Anyone running into issues when trying to broadcast on twitch (or mixer for that matter)? I keep getting an error "this game doesn't allow broadcasting". What the hell?
The beta doesn’t allow clips, screenshots to be uploaded to Xbox Live which also means broadcasting is not allowed.

Not sure if that’s intentional for Xbox but that is currently what going on for this game.

-Fleet Carrier will need multiple designs as the single design looks very rustic and doesn’t align with a commander like myself who chooses to fly mainly Imperial Clipper, Cutter and or Dolphin styles ships.

-These should have tiers also meaning small, medium large within different skins.

-Different prices are needed...1 billion for a small, 2-3 for medium and 4-5 for large.

-The utility of the fleet carrier doesn’t really speak to me at all. For the 5 billion credit price tag I’d expect the ship to have default services that generate credits without also having to pay a week credit

-The need to add credits and such to the carrier I own doesn’t make any sense. The UI seems to act no different regardless of if I’m an owner or visitor. There are limitations but this feels like a RTS game vs a space sim.

-After observing Fleet Carrier placement issues I further believe these should be flyable ships in terms of supercruise if you’re going to allow them to be placed in areas that are inaccessible.

Another suggestion is to remove the visual of seeing this on the map unless certain criteria occur.

Fuel needs a complete rework and overhaul. Tritium shouldn’t be part of this however existing mining mats should combine to provide travel that starts at 500 and goes up to 10,000 LYs. These should NOT have to jump multiple times as we can’t even fly the ships so just move them from point A to point B

I only started to participate in Beta 2 because of the value of 1,000,000,000 Cr for the purchase of the Fleet Carrier and I understand that this should be the price of the basic model. My observations are as a fleet owner.

- As for refueling the Fleet Carrier, there could be a facilitation for the owner. Create a way for the transfer of Tritium to take place automatically, such as purchasing services for the Fleet Carrier.

- As for the countdown to jumps, from the Fleet Carrier owner's point of view, it's too long. In practice, when we enter the dock and choose the destination, we are done with what we had to do in the System. It could reduce to 5 minutes of countdown, with an emergency cancel button.

One of my biggest bugbears with Carriers is aquiring Tritium. Yes you can mine it, yes you can put out a buy order and yes you can buy it from stations. However if you choose the latter you have to fly a ship from your carrier to the station, buy the Tritium, fly back and donate/transfer it to your carrier yourself and repeat until you have all the Tritium you desire

A better idea would be if your carrier is in a system where Tritium can be bought from a station, you just place and order with the station and its transfered to your Carrier.

We can remotely have ships and modules we own transferred to our Carriers from anywhere, at a price so why can't Tritium be transfered in system from a station to a carrier. I don't mind a time delay and a surcharge being implemented for this.

Last edited:
More feedback from Cmdr. Wordydude (me):

Alrighty, I am done with my beta run. This is my FINAL feedback.

First, the bad:
  • Upkeep as a method of decommissioning unused assets is - unnecessary. If the idea is to remove abandoned, persistent objects, this doesn't hold water. Some of us can gen enough credits to persist the FC upkeep until the end of time. Just use the timestamp - either last logon, or last time any player used the FC. Upkeep is just taking the pi$5 out of casual players. I have the credits to buy the thing, park it somewhere and never touch the game for the next few years and still be able to come back to it - by these rules and logic. How does that solve the issue of abandonment and not punish players for owning the thing?
  • Maintenance costs - I want to see NPCs outside, scrubbing and painting the hull. Or at least a swarm of limpets. And I want a dog. Named Astro. On the bridge. With a comfy bed.
    I'm OK with a maintenance cost - after all, a spaceship is like a boat and a boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money. In this case, the FC is a teeny-tiny black hole that sucks credits like a super-charged hoover. BUT - since the FC is incapable of pulling its own weight financially, should't this just be called the Fleet Luxury Yacht and have a picture of Branson on the side? Maybe change the manufacturer to Virgin Galactic rather than Brewer?? Hmmm??? Well, for licensing purposes call it Slag Galactic (or SlaGalactic??) - (I watch too much Brit TV)...
  • Tritium, oh tritium. This whole mechanic is a cluster flock. Paying or working to fuel the SlaGaLactic-Multi-Purpose Yacht is right and proper. But there are some real problems with this. I can almost guarantee that hundreds of SlagShips are going to make it more than 2K and less than 8K LYs away and then be decom'd within a fortnight. Players are going to be too far from the bubble to make the round trips necessary to refill the bunker with purchased fuel - and after about 15 hours of pewpew ice 'roids, the luster is going to wear completely off that galactic albatross. This, I think, may very well be the point. If so - it sucks.
  • Impolite gesture waved in explorers' faces. ✌ - All of the above is just a colossal slap in the face for explorers. Fortunately, there's DSSA - providing repair (sometimes), UC (sometimes) and (occasionally) outfitting to all those intrepid honkers (tritium donations appreciated).
  • What is the point of changing FC crew members? Did I miss the memo?
  • The exterior animations for FC jumps - both departure and arrival - are nice. Why not switch up to the observation tower view during the traversal? Just a thought. I mean, I've got this big, SlaGalactic motor yacht, would I really be sitting in the cockpit of my ship, in the garage? Well, if it were meeeee - I'd be up in my cabin having a wa ---- ay better time. Sorting socks. Or something. Just not staring at a wall. With my eyes open. But I digress.
  • What in god's name are all those NPC ships doing? Why are they even there? They're not buying anything, that's for sure. It's just noise - useless window dressing. Obviously I can make them go away - but that also makes everyone go away - real players included.
  • Fuel donation is nice, but...I want cash. Cold, hard cash. I can work around this by selling water for 40k credits per tonne - but that's just tacky.
The Good:
  • The carrier came out looking really good.
  • I love having my own, mobile garage to tote my kit around in.
  • I love having the ability to change my loadout and get back to what I was doing quickly
  • I like that anyone can donate fuel (see above).
  • I actually get the point of having a credit drain - it creates an artificial goal or a purpose to do things. I'm OK with that - but I can afford to be.
  • The UI is really good - having the refuel, repair, rearm right there. This will be awesome around combat zones. - I'll tell you what else this will be good for. Annoying griefers. Picture it: park the ol' SlaGalactic ferry in one of those systems the tools like to plink noobs in. Hop into a base model Sidewinder and wait for the fun. Pop! Respawn at your FC and do it all over again. You can get with a dozen mates and swarm those tw..its all day. I think I'll do that. Just load up an interdictor on a sidewinder and giggle like an idiot. I digress - again.
  • Despite what I think are some flaws in execution, or blatant insults to long-term, diehard players, I think this is a job well done. I'm impressed. I'm also grateful - seeing as this is a "freebie" - so thanks.
  • The buy-in price is OK - I was expecting it to be much higher - but the weekly rent balances that out.
What I might suggest:
  • Ignore my sarcasm - I'm American, so I'm just practicing - I'm not that good at it ... yet.
  • Honestly, I'm at a loss to figure out the balance between purchase price, upkeep and fuel availability. Right now, it's horrendously out of balance - especially for folks who haven't accumulated billions of credits because there isn't anything else to do with them. You can only store so many ships and so many modules.
  • While it would be nice to have varying models of FCs - small to large - some entry level carrier, perhaps, but I think this trivializes the work it's taken to create this FC and all the mechanics around it. I'm coming from a coder's perspective and I know that, just because I can program a thing, doesn't mean I can program a thing quickly and easily. FCs are full-on, complicated models. They're cross-platform persistent. On the other hand, it is something to keep in mind.
  • I've said this several times already, but I'll say it once more: Fix the fuel issue. Let carriers run off of the same fuel ships do - just with a lot less efficiency and keep tritium as a booster fuel. BUT I have a better idea:
  • Make the FC's FSD an option.
    • Class C:
      • Cost - included
      • Comes standard with carrier
      • Runs of scoopable hydrogen
      • 3 hours to spin up, and
      • 1 hour to cool down
      • 100 LY range
    • Class B:
      • Cost 750 million
      • Uses 50% tritium / 50% standard fuel
      • 1 hour to spin up
      • 15 minutes to cool down
      • 200 LY range.
    • Class A:
      • Cost 2 billion
      • Uses 100% tritium
      • 15 minutes to spin up
      • 3 minutes to cool down
      • 500 LY range
    • Upkeep included with standard maintenance cost per jump
  • Allow management delegation to friends/squad mates
    • Give owners the option of appointing permission to "officers" - basically, the FC is a guild hall
    • Individual permissions to:
      • add to carrier budget
      • withdraw from carrier budget
      • manage commodity market
      • set the jump target
      • initiate jump
  • Allow jumps to be scheduled some time in the future. This would be a huge QoL improvement. Let the owner set the jump up to a month or year in advance. If the resources aren't available, the owner gets a message prior to the jump and the jump is aborted if the issue isn't resolved about an hour before scheduled launch.
I know that almost everything in my suggestion list requires some heavy lifting and, surely, another beta. Since we're getting to the end of the second and - I assume - final beta for this run, I don't expect to see any of this implemented before launch next month. But, this is my feedback anyway.

o7

Last edited:
Carrier Feedback.

Purchasing Carrier: Pretty easy, but it would be much better to have your carrier stay in the purchase system, so we're not wasting a jump (and time) just to outfit the carrier to our needs.

Arriving to Carrier: A specialized greeting from the fleet carrier, recognizing the owner, instead of the same run-of-the-mill greeting would be better. As it stands, it just feels like arriving to any other station or carrier. That just made the arrival a 'meh' experience.

Carrier UI:
This will be done in a few parts, broken down by screen section.

Carrier services screen:
looks very nice. This is one place where a personalized text greeting from the carrier owner (optional) would be well-served.

Universal Cartographics
Looks slightly different from station screens, which looks a little more clean as well.

Redemption Office:
Looks nice.

Tritium depot:
UI looks great.

Crew lounge:
Looks nice

shipyard (and Shipyard stock for external sales):
The shipyard looks as I would expect. It is really nice that my fleet carrier actually carries my fleet by default.

Shipyard Stock is pretty much garbage. As the carrier owners, we should have a better say on what our carrier sells. as one of the few areas that this carrier is fully customizable, the shipyard should have an option (within the capacity limit of course) to grab whatever (and how many) ships we want to sell. We should also have the option to sell ships that are rank-locked (federation ships and imperial ships). Just from the lack of being able to do any kind of customizing the shipyard sales, as well as not being able to sell rank-locked ships, I really don't see a need to have it installed at all.

Secure Trading:
looks fine

Commodities market
It looks as I would expect.

Market Management:
The UI shows that I can set a sale price and a buy price for commodities, which ranges from 5% of galactic average to 1000% galactic average. That's a great way to make the commodities market a viable market for "player to player" trading. The problem is that you can only sell or buy a specific commodity, not both. This oversight limits the ability of a player market, by not being able to replenish the sold commodity by sales from other player ships.

Ship Services (outfitting, livery, advanced maintenance, pinned blueprints):
All of the windows look as I would expect. The advanced maintenance window looks great!

Carrier Management Screen (in order of buttons):
Summary screen looks polished
Navigation was easily used
Budget screen was okay. I was under the impression that if your carrier had funds in the "bank" then those credits would be automatically withdrawn for upkeep costs. However, the upkeep allocation slider suggests otherwise?
Commodity trading was already addressed in 'market management'.
Carrier Services is a nice interface that allows a player to manage the services on the carrier. We have the option to change out the crew members, but what does that really do for us? If they were to offer some kind of bonus thing to go with them (i.e. This person allows for -5% maintenance per jump), then maybe it would be worth being able to switch up the crew. As of now, there's no obvious benefit to switching out crew.
Secure warehouse is the exact same as commodity management.
Shipyard stock was addressed earlier
Outfitting stock has the same problem as the shipyard stock. There is virtually no customization to what your carrier offers vs another players' carrier. Same as the feedback for the shipyard stock, there needs to be a way to customize what your carrier sells.
Livery. Because these fleet carriers get taken away from players, there really shouldn't be any visual customizations that are sold with real currency. If I were an owner of a fleet carrier and it got taken away, because real life commitments precluded me from playing, I'm not buying another one. Will FDEV give a refund for the money spent on the visual customizations?
Settings are pretty basic. Although if I select that nobody can dock on my carrier, that should include NPCs. Especially since NPCs will not contribute in any meaningful way to the carrier (or its upkeep). Selecting the 'current activity' does nothing meaningful for the carrier, as far as I saw. Doesn't really matter if it did, since NPCs don't contribute to the carrier.

Overall, the fleet carrier is a really neat piece of garbage. If they were made for individual players, they shouldn't have been made persistent entities. That alone would negate the need for the upkeep, which in itself is a poor mechanic to include in a game. When weighing the pros and cons of the carrier, I can't possibly see these things as being worth the time, effort (don't get me started on tritium mining), and credits required to maintain them. Pros; it looks cool and carries my fleet out into the black. That's it. Cons; If I'm away from the game due to (planned or unplanned) real life responsibilities, and don't have enough credits, I lose the carrier that I spent TIME and effort into maintaining; it takes hours to try to get enough tritium to fill the tank after a couple of jumps (or several added hours to try and stock); and there's no real benefit to renting one, outside of having a personal garage. If there were no upkeep costs, and the tritium mining was kept to a minimum (accomplished by either decreasing the amount of tritium used per jump, or boosting the amount of tritium per chunk) these would be a magnificent addition to anybody's fleet (or at least a magnificent garage). In the current iteration, with the changes already made from the first beta, I won't be getting one. They are far too time-consuming and actually remove me from my playstyle with no real benefits.

So, I'm in Love. Fleet Carriers look like an amazing addition to the game, and I totally want one in my "Non-Beta" Game. I am new to the Game (only a couple months in now). But below are some observations for improvement on the Fleet Carrier System. Most of these are just tweaks to the existing systems in place.

Edit [5/22/20]: (added picture of my Carrier, and added more suggestions/ updated suggestions below)
99230561_10219656112010637_7556506052594761728_o.jpg

Things I’d like to see in the Fleet Carriers
  • Commodity market
    • Put a “multiple-selection” square to the left of each item
    • Once an item is selected allow sliders to pop up on top of the “Buy” and “Sell”
      • Buy Sliders = Max qty and % of Galactic Average
      • Sell Sliders = Total qty and % of Galactic Average
    • Have the ability to both Buy and Sell items, not just one or the other.
      • Currently to sell an Item I have to have it in stock. To get it in stock I either have to "sell" it to my Market, or Transfer it from my inventory.
      • You should be able to "Buy" from Players and NPCs at 1 price and "Sell" to them at another (This allows for a sustainable profit system)
    • Have the ability to set up trade routes with npcs in the local system stations
      • Base this on the influences/ reputations statistic at those stations
        • Example: Once a reputation lvl of 90% is obtained with the controlling faction of a station then trade routes can be formed.
  • On the Navigation's panel add a quick selection for “Closest Carrier Administration System"
    • This would allow for easier management of the Shipyard Stock and The Outfitting Stock
    • Add the ability to plot a rout using this quick link
      • This function could be limited to only Discovered Carrier Administration Systems
  • Shipyard Stock
    • Allow a slider to set ship sales as a % value of Galactic average similar to the Commodities Market (the ability to lower sales values would increase Fleet Carrier Visits)
    • Allow for "Buying" of other players ship using the preciously mentioned sliders (example: I sold one of my ships to my carrier and it simply disappeared)
    • Allow "Transfer" of ships in storage to shipyard stock (similar to the inventory system)
    • Allow Ships acquired from players to be added to Shipyard Stock for Sale/ or Dismantled for module salvage (for sale or move to ship)
    • Allow for you to sell ships you own "into" stock using this method.
    • Allow for custom modifications of modules on ships for sale to increase/ decrease sales value (similar to after market options on cars) This will also increase Fleet Carrier Visits, as well as, "Shopping around"
    • Allow for Naming of "Custom Module Ships"
      • Example 1: Underneath the Ship Type "Hauler" Allow for a custom ship name where there is currently a -
      • Example 2: Allow for a custom ship description.
  • Outfitting Stock
    • Allow for "Buying" of other players ship using the preciously mentioned sliders
    • Allow Modules acquired from players to be added to Outfitting Stock for Sale
    • Allow the transfer of modules you own "into" stock similar to the inventory tab.
    • Allow all Outfitting Stock to be for Sale or moved to your currently equipped ship, and vice versa.
  • I don’t see a Carrier Defense Tab?
    • Offer a Carrier Defense Tab for optional defense abilities in lower or no security systems.
      • Offer Weapons Upgrades (Carrier Administration Systems Only) [after all there are 20x huge hardpoints on this]
      • Offer the ability Hire Security
      • Offer the ability to set a security level of your station (live setting the Defcon Level)
        • When Setting a Defcon Level have the carriers lights flash the appropriate color (as an added in game touch)
      • Offer security features such as "Fire on Wanted", "Fire on confirmation of banned items in hold", "Fire on Faction", "Fire on Hardpoints out/ Weapons hot in no Fire Zone", Etc.
  • Attacking Fleet Carriers
    • Fleet Carriers don't appear to take damage currently
    • Can't Target any Fleet Carrier Sub Systems
    • Being able to stage raids on fleet carriers could be a very interesting game dynamic. Maybe we don't make them destroy-able, but Rival players should be able to do damage to Sub Systems, Hard Points, Services Etc.
    • Add Data Nodes, so that data can be stolen from the carriers (for optional missions)
    • Add Cargo Theft ability
      • Like add several Cargo bays that house the commodities in the Commodities market. This adds not only the ability to use Hatch breakers to open them, but also adds the ability to Upgrade another defensive attribute of the Carrier.
    • Add the Ability for Fleet Carriers to Attack each other
      • Currently Fleet Carriers seem to be instanced to individual stated (even in the same system) Why not have them be able to move into attack distance of each other and launch attack fighters.
      • This can play into a System Dominance by Statistic which can increase/ decrease value of goods of Fleet Carriers
    • Add push notifications option for carrier attacks (not sure if this is possible, but it may make an interesting feature, and a possible cell phone app for management)
  • Thinking about the above how about a cell phone Fleet Carrier management app similar to Destiny's 3rd party app Destiny Item Manager?
  • Npc Crew Tab (think RTS subset inside of Elite)
    • Add a tab where you can hire NPC Crew Members to do Certain Actions
      • Actions can include The below
        • Mining (Assign to a ship that you have outfitted for Mining)
        • Trade Route (Assign to a ship you have outfitted a a trade vessel) See above trader reference
        • Salvage (Assign a to ship outfitted for salvage)
        • Defense (Assign to a ship outfitted for pvp, or to a fighter ship_
          • Defense NPCs should have a sub tab letting them be assigned to various support roles of the Carrier or of the above ships, or even on the above ships if they have a fighter bay.
  • Tritium Depot
    • Offer Multiple ways to Acquire Tritium in this tab
      • Donate (Already there)
      • Sell (offer the ability to set a price % based on a galactic average
        • Pull the Galactic Average from all players of the System Type (Xbox, PC, PlayStation) that set a “buy” price
  • Fleet Carrier Jumps
    • Add an option while docked to “Move to Viewing Terrace”
      • Allow for use of a “Fleet Carrier Camera Suite” from this location to watch the jump
  • Alliance / Rivalry Options:
    • Allow players to form alliance or rivalry with other carriers
      • Allow for mercenary missions against rivals carriers
      • Allow for trade missions with Alliances carriers
  • Missions Tab
    • Add a missions tab with auto generation missions similar to Stations
      • Allow the Owner to have the option to offer different classes of weighted rewards
        • Example: Extra influence/ reputation, or materials
  • Secure Warehouse
    • Offer a “Fence” upgrade that allows you to buy stolen goods and convert them to Legitimate goods for use in the Commodity Trading
  • In System Placement:
    • Allow the fleet carriers to move around in system (once in system)
      • Select a celestial body / asteroid belt / other point of interest and set as orbital location in system.
        • Allow this via the system map / or navigation's panel- on either you ship, or the fleet carrier with an additional button “Carrier orbit
  • Material Traders
    • Offer the ability to Hire Material Traders
      • Offer similar Slider tab features for material trading as previously mentioned for commodities markets.
  • Materials Market
    • Offer the ability for the Carrier Owner to "Buy" or "Sell" materials from stock acquired in game by Players Via a new Service only available on Fleet Carriers
      • This will allow for players who farm massive amounts of materials to profit from that farming
      • Use a similar slider / galactic average approach as previously described
      • This will encourage visits to Fleet Carriers as "buying" and "selling" materials is not offered at stations
  • Fleet Carrier Management
    • Offer the ability for the Carrier Owner to "Partner" with other players
      • This Function should allow the Owner to set privilege levels to all "Partners" for all tabs via a new Tab "Partners"
        • Example: Partner 1 only has access to the shipyard, but can fully customize any ship for sale (as mentioned above)
      • This Function should allow "Partners" to be able to contribute towards the maintenance costs, as well as get a share of "Profits"
        • Using the same example Partner 1 would reap whatever percentage of overall sales of Ships was set by the Owner
      • Partnering would essentially create a commission based incentive system for players to explore fleet carrier ownership at lower levels, while at the same time providing the Fleet Carrier owner an additional outlet to help with Management and Expenses
      • Control the "Profit Sharing" in the "Partners" Tab By Partner
        • Use Sliders as Total % of Profit and / or Each individual Tab's % of profit (the later could be a bonus option)
          • Bonus Option Example: Using the Total % Slider slides all tabs to 20% then the owner can slide the Ship tab up to 30% giving an Extra 10% of those sales to that player as they are the "Ship Master"
      • Using the Above Example also I think that Partner Titles for those assigned individual roles would also be nice. These Titles can show up on the players normal ships when scanned. Example: In the Target information panel when scanned there should be an identifier to the Carrier, and the Role assigned. This can help generate "Pride" in the carriers, as well as battles between carrier personnel. And would function as a key indicator for the previously mentioned "Mission" tab where Carriers could set Bounties on "Rival" Carriers.
  • I'd also like to see a way to Grow the Capacity via Upgrades
    • These could be as simple as buying expansion modules at a Carrier Administration System.
      • I think with the above "tweaks" A Fleet Carriers stock could exceed its hold quickly once the carrier becomes popular.
My Vision for Fleet Carriers is that they become "The Place" to go in the game. I'd like to see these as a better option than going to a Space Station as they are operated by Players. The above options would help increase desire to operate, and visit Fleet Carriers, as well as, make them actually generate a profit in game. There is a good start here on fleet carriers, but as is they should not go into the game yet. The system would end up failing and players wouldn't invest as much time in them as they could with some of the above tweaks.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, you say "play how you wanna play", in reality that means mine 6 hours, jump then repeat! Well i hate goin out to mine. The upkeep is bang out of order, no one should feel like they are being forced to play a game ever. The FC looks nothing like it did in the trailer, in fact it looks cheap and down right horrible. This is not a "personal carrier", if that were true it would recognize me as it's owner and would address me as such. The time that was claimed to be put into these isn't shown in the finished product. The upkeep wouldn't be bad if it could generate sales to cover it instead of sucking your credits dry. Other than hauling your fleet around there is no real use for this credit sucking eye sore. I can't believe you guys dropped the ball 🏉 like this. This is a huge disappointment considering that no matter what, i have to buy and keep it, because of a promise i made and intend to keep. My best friend(Borg 01) and i were gonna buy and run one together, one of our last conversations before he died was about these, so i still have to get it, no matter what. I really hope this is in no way the finished product....

Let's be honest, you say "play how you wanna play", in reality that means mine 6 hours, jump then repeat! Well i hate goin out to mine. The upkeep is bang out of order, no one should feel like they are being forced to play a game ever. The FC looks nothing like it did in the trailer, in fact it looks cheap and down right horrible. This is not a "personal carrier", if that were true it would recognize me as it's owner and would address me as such. The time that was claimed to be put into these isn't shown in the finished product. The upkeep wouldn't be bad if it could generate sales to cover it instead of sucking your credits dry. Other than hauling your fleet around there is no real use for this credit sucking eye sore. I can't believe you guys dropped the ball 🏉 like this. This is a huge disappointment considering that no matter what, i have to buy and keep it, because of a promise i made and intend to keep. My best friend(Borg 01) and i were gonna buy and run one together, one of our last conversations before he died was about these, so i still have to get it, no matter what. I really hope this is in no way the finished product....
I'm sorry about your friend.Hope you can accheve your dreams.I agree with you.If you could make tons of money by selling stuff in your FC,no one would be compalining about the ipkeep(even tough it is a punishment sytem to keep players playing).But,so far is a big piece ofnothing.You just basically will lose all of your money for nothing.I'm really sad they are offering something the way it is.

So, I'm in Love. Fleet Carriers look like an amazing addition to the game, and I totally want one in my "Non-Beta" Game. I am new to the Game (only a couple months in now). But below are some observations for improvement on the Fleet Carrier System. Most of these are just tweaks to the existing systems in place.

Things I’d like to see in the Fleet Carriers
  • Multi Selecting of Commodity market for faster adjustments.
    • Put a “multiple-selection” square to the left of each item
    • Once an item is selected allow sliders to pop up on top of the “Buy” and “Sell”
      • Buy Sliders = Max qty and % of Galactic Average
      • Sell Sliders = Total qty and % of Galactic Average
  • On the Navigation's panel add a quick selection for “Closest Carrier Administration System"
    • This would allow for easier management of the Shipyard Stock and The Outfitting Stock
    • Add the ability to plot a rout using this quick link
      • This function could be limited to only Discovered Carrier Administration Systems
  • Shipyard Stock
    • Allow a slider to set ship sales as a % value of Galactic average similar to the Commodities Market (the ability to lower sales values would increase Fleet Carrier Visits)
    • Allow for "Buying" of other players ship using the preciously mentioned sliders (example: I sold one of my ships to my carrier and it simply disappeared)
    • Allow Ships acquired from players to be added to Shipyard Stock for Sale
    • Allow for you to sell ships you own "into" stock using this method.
    • Allow for custom modifications of modules on ships for sale to increase/ decrease sales value (similar to after market options on cars) This will also increase Fleet Carrier Visits, as well as, "Shopping around"
    • Allow for Naming of "Custom Module Ships"
      • Example 1: Underneath the Ship Type "Hauler" Allow for a custom ship name where there is currently a -
      • Example 2: Allow for a custom ship description.
  • Outfitting Stock
    • Allow for "Buying" of other players ship using the preciously mentioned sliders
    • Allow Modules acquired from players to be added to Outfitting Stock for Sale
    • Allow for you to sell modules you own "into" stock using this method.
  • I don’t see a Carrier Defense Tab?
    • Offer a Carrier Defense Tab for optional defense abilities in lower or no security systems.
      • Offer Weapons Upgrades (Carrier Administration Systems Only) [after all there are 20x huge hardpoints on this]
      • Offer the ability Hire Security
      • Offer the ability to set a security level of your station (live setting the Defcon Level)
        • When Setting a Defcon Level have the carriers lights flash the appropriate color (as an added in game touch)
      • Offer security features such as "Fire on Wanted", "Fire on confirmation of banned items in hold", "Fire on Faction", "Fire on Hardpoints out/ Weapons hot in no Fire Zone", Etc.
  • Tritium Depot
    • Offer Multiple ways to Acquire Tritium in this tab
      • Donate (Already there)
      • Sell (offer the ability to set a price % based on a galactic average
        • Pull the Galactic Average from all players of the System Type (Xbox, PC, PlayStation) that set a “buy” price
  • Fleet Carrier Jumps
    • Add an option while docked to “Move to Viewing Terrace”
      • Allow for use of a “Fleet Carrier Camera Suite” from this location to watch the jump
  • Alliance / Rivalry Options:
    • Allow players to form alliance or rivalry with other carriers
      • Allow for mercenary missions against rivals carriers
      • Allow for trade missions with Alliances carriers
  • Missions Tab
    • Add a missions tab with auto generation missions similar to Stations
      • Allow the Owner to have the option to offer different classes of weighted rewards
        • Example: Extra influence/ reputation, or materials
  • Secure Warehouse
    • Offer a “Fence” upgrade that allows you to buy stolen goods and convert them to Legitimate goods for use in the Commodity Trading
  • In System Placement:
    • Allow the fleet carriers to move around in system (once in system)
      • Select a celestial body / asteroid belt / other point of interest and set as orbital location in system.
        • Allow this via the system map / or navigation's panel- on either you ship, or the fleet carrier with an additional button “Carrier orbit
  • Material Traders
    • Offer the ability to Hire Material Traders
      • Offer similar Slider tab features for material trading as previously mentioned for commodities markets.
  • Materials Market
    • Offer the ability for the Carrier Owner to "Buy" or "Sell" materials from stock acquired in game by Players Via a new Service only available on Fleet Carriers
      • This will allow for players who farm massive amounts of materials to profit from that farming
      • Use a similar slider / galactic average approach as previously described
      • This will encourage visits to Fleet Carriers as "buying" and "selling" materials is not offered at stations
So..a ranom player..in one post...gave 300 hundred better and awesome ideas for the FC that Frontier couldnt think of.The Security and Defense system??Jesus Christ! Amazing! Woild lovebeing able to curtomize the system defense! Even if you dont actually play with it,but gives a nice touch and is omeore way to make it "PERSONAL",AND NOT STANDARD as it is now!

Myself and wingmates are suffering extreme game burnout from doing nothing but mining, mining, mining of tritium to fuel the carrier. I don't get it.
Precisely. The very first day I played, I decided to go mining for Tiriitum, which I thought would take sometime, but manageable. Then I found out Tritium is almost as rare as Void Opals and they give very little % in fragments. It doesn´t have the frequency of occurency as Bromellite or Water. Is rare and takes a looot to mine 1 unit. So basicaully, it is impossible to load 15.000 tons of it, alone. (It is an INDIVIDUAL fleet carrier, so everything should be possible to do alone). You could buy this amount of tiritum, which would cost you around 600.000.000 Cr to ftravel 40.000Ly. So, yes, "Tritium + Upkeep" are the both things that will destroy Fleet Carrier launch. It´s terrible the way it is. Tritium should be easy to mine.YOu should be able to laser mine, with a type-9, easily. You ca´nt make 500t/h, even in double hotspot.Even if you could, would still take you 30h to make a 40.000ly travel (15.000t of Tritium in total, to go and come back).

Top Bottom