Focused Feedback - Xbox One Participants

Fleet Carrier Route plotting:

I've seen alot of people talking/complaining about not being able to plot long distance routes with Fleet Carriers, and I wanted to offer my thoughts and some solutions to the discussion.

Now the most extreme argument is to be able to fill up your hull with Tritium, plot a route to Beagle Point and go on vacation. Obviously this is something that Frontier will never implement for a multitude of reasons, and I wouldn't blame them.

However, plotting one jump at a time AFTER waiting for the cooldown to expire I think is still too restrictive. About halfway into my trip to Colonia from the bubble, I started to wonder if it wouldn't be easier to do it in my long range Anaconda and use the money I would've spent on a FC to transfer any ships or modules I wanted. It takes 20 Mins to COMPLETE 1 Jump in an FC; it would take me ~6 non- boosted jumps in my Conda to travel the same distance. If I only honk and scoop in each system, I could definitely cover the same distance in 20min or less.

What I think would be productive for all of us, is to engage with Frontier on some options in between, compromises if you will. I will list these from more to less extreme (i.e., from closer to the extreme example to closer to the current state)

1. Allow route plotting (max distance Jumps) out to max fuel range (depot+storage) This is still very close to the extreme example.
2. Allow route plotting (max distance Jumps) out to 20K LY (Same as fast route plotting for ships)
3. Allow route plotting (max distance Jumps) out to Depot fuel range
4. Allow route plotting (max distance Jumps) out to max fuel range (depot+storage) but require owner confirmation to proceed with each jump. (essentially FC wouldn't jump while owner is logged out)
5. Allow route plotting (max distance Jumps) out to 20K LY but require owner confirmation to proceed with each jump.
6. Allow route plotting (max distance Jumps) out to Depot fuel range but require owner confirmation to proceed with each jump.
7. Stick with single jump plotting, BUT allow plotting during cooldown. For example, if you try to plot a route with 1 min 30 s left on cooldown, the jump will occur in 16 min 30s.

Obviously you could come up with many more permutations, but I figured these would appeal to most everyone.

Personally, I'm a fan of 5, it is similar to the capability already in-game and wouldn't make FC too "OP" so to speak.

I do think at the very least Frontier could give us number 7. I was curious, so I submitted the current state as a bug and Frontier came back with "by design". My question to Frontier is, why? Letting us know why something is the way it is can go a long way to help us accept it. For example, I hated upkeep as much as the next guy, but once they told us "why" it exists, I still didn't agree with it, but I accepted it, especially when the upkeep prices went down.

Thoughts and concerns CMDRs? (Frontier, would love your insight as well)

o7
It would be very convenient to have the ability to plot a "max fuel" route (#3), but of all the things in your list, #7 means the most to me. It'd be very good to get that e-mail that your FC has made the jump, then go in and fix the next point.

Is there where feedback should go?

My squadron has been testing the carrier and we still think upkeep is to much and jump range is too short for the amount of fuel. Seems like you get about 5 jumps to max distance before you are out of fuel. Then with three of us we had to mine for way too long to fill it back up.

Shouldnt the fleet carrier far exceed the distance and time of any smaller ship in jump range.

Last edited:
Is there where feedback should go?

My squadron has been testing the carrier and we still think upkeep is to much and jump range is too short for the amount of fuel. Seems like you get about 5 jumps to max distance before you are out of fuel. Then with three of us we had to mine for way too long to fill it back up.
This is the place

Is there anywhere in Colonia that sells Tritium?
Stationarrival lsPadPriceUnitsLevelEconomyTimestamp (UTC)
Alberta / Berman Market1426lsM50535cr6729thighRefinery2020-05-14 08:15:56
Hephaestus / Malik Station1014lsM50511cr444thighRefinery2020-05-14 07:33:39
Kojeara / TolaGarf's Junkyard225lsL50680cr5047thighRefinery2020-05-14 14:27:15
Luchtaine / Moore's Charm1502lsL50428cr5483thighRefinery2020-05-14 07:43:58
Luchtaine / Neugebauer Mines1509lsM50473cr11673thighRefinery2020-05-14 07:50:46
Ratraii / Colonia Dream26lsL50096cr2218thighIndustrial,Refinery2020-05-14 08:23:01
Sollaro / Annan Orbital1046lsM40425cr3024thighRefinery2020-05-14 07:58:30

Stationarrival lsPadPriceUnitsLevelEconomyTimestamp (UTC)
Alberta / Berman Market1426lsM50535cr6729thighRefinery2020-05-14 08:15:56
Hephaestus / Malik Station1014lsM50511cr444thighRefinery2020-05-14 07:33:39
Kojeara / TolaGarf's Junkyard225lsL50680cr5047thighRefinery2020-05-14 14:27:15
Luchtaine / Moore's Charm1502lsL50428cr5483thighRefinery2020-05-14 07:43:58
Luchtaine / Neugebauer Mines1509lsM50473cr11673thighRefinery2020-05-14 07:50:46
Ratraii / Colonia Dream26lsL50096cr2218thighIndustrial,Refinery2020-05-14 08:23:01
Sollaro / Annan Orbital1046lsM40425cr3024thighRefinery2020-05-14 07:58:30
Nice. Thank you most kindly 😊

I myself do not see any way to profit from a Fleet Carrier, it seems we are punished for having one. The upkeep not Only punishes us for having it, it also forces us to play the game or lose it. This is a bad method to get people to play, how about some incentive to play that rewards us to do so? Also, bundles, to buy them at full price and try to profit is a fools errand, any retailer buys at wholesale then sells at suggested retail price. No one will buy them from us when they can get them cheaper at a station. Also, you say "play how you want to play", there is no truth in that statement, we are being forced to play, we are being forced to mine because it's the only way to make decent hourly sums in the game. I myself have bragged to others about this game, i've even bought and gifted the game to others to show support to you. Now you've pushed the paid update till next year, do you know how disappointing that is? It's been one huge let down after another, it would be nice to see a ray of light for a change. I understand you guys have alot going on and that you see things through, i respect that 👍. I hope you make some changes, it doesn't work out the way things stand right now. That's my thoughts on what is going on, there is much more that i could have said but i know you have things to do 😊 With much respect, Mav....

My carrier left without me when I arrived two minutes from the launch. There should be security when the player is nearby. His carrier can wait for him.
The transporter belongs to the players and not to the federation or the empire if the security systems attack the player near the fleet transporter he should defend the player there would have to be smaller fleet carriers that is not subject to the des commissions that only appear in the player session

I think I have a proposal that I hope could be suitable for a maximum while providing a solution to some small inconvenience that players may encounter when acquiring the carrier

This proposal could I think solve the problem of trade which is not viable without PNG it could also provide a solution to the fact that all the players are not miners And that the refining of tritium is really long and it could also bring a solution to the fact that the fleet does not bring any advantage for the combatants

This proposal is simply that the player can hire an AI winger that he can take levels to die in combat there could be a system if he is shot down looking for a survival capsule or more if our ally had a large ship us would have a limited time to find them we could buy him a ship he could either leave to bring back the tritium or any other material that can be sold we could then give him the order to sell these materials on the market we could also give him the order to follow us in combat

BongoBaggins

Volunteer Moderator
I can't bind 'enter FSS mode' and 'zero throttle' to the same button combo, which I can in the live game. Do I need to report this as a bug?

Top Bottom