Focused Feedback - PlayStation 4 Participants

A problem with markets:

the markets only lets you sell at 1000% of galactic average. That means that low temperature diamonds at a max buy price of +1000% is 570,000 credits.

That is not even close to realm of competitive. No one would sell to a station at 45%of the low end of sell price of 1.1 million.

Easiest solution is to raise the value inside fleet carrier market.

A problem with markets:

the markets only lets you sell at 1000% of galactic average. That means that low temperature diamonds at a max buy price of +1000% is 570,000 credits.

That is not even close to realm of competitive. No one would sell to a station at 45%of the low end of sell price of 1.1 million.

thats what 5bil get ya

A problem with markets:

That's only a problem for the half dozen most massively overpriced commodities in the game. Should they really design it just to suit that particular gold-rush?

What's the trick to finding Tritium in the black? I'm maybe ~1,000 out. I'm not seeing hotspots, but is that by design?
My goal in this is testing if a fleet carrier is really viable to be self sufficient in the black.
Carto sales is great - that tells me the upkeep may be viable in the black.
Icy rings - and luck...in finding hotspots
so far, I have only mined in bubble and find Tritium hotspots give a good return.

As i use my FC ill edit this post and add or remove from it over time as i test things or think more on particular subjects.

Initial Impressions
1) Pricing I find is just fine for endgame content with loads of applications if people think outside of the box -> No change needed
2)Upkeep I believe is more than fair expecially with the new decommissioning changes ---->no changes needed
3)Decommissioning giving full credits back less debt I think is spot on---> no changes needed

Fleet Carrier In Action
Jumping - I have made only 2 jumps, on my PS4 Pro I could see no issues with the entire process. I had no lag, everything seemed to run smooth, experience went pretty flawlessly.
  • Fuel usage seems to be about on par with what was reported. I used 132T for 357.12 LY with 19100T of free space.---> Dont see any changes that need to be made here.
  • Maintenance there is a couple issues. One that I believe you are aware of already 1) maintenance is showing as 750 000 cr / jump rather than the 100 000cr that it is supposed to be. 2) When we receive our weekly upkeep report breakdown, it reads " Number of Completed Jumps: 1500000", what this should read is the actual number of jumps completed, and then the accumulated costs for said jumps. so since i completed 2 jumps it should say "Number of Completed Jumps-2" and then another notice below that saying "Maintenance Costs for Completed Jumps-1500000 (or in actuality 200000cr)

******A Sidenote that would be much more pleasurable to both owners and visitors, would be viewing decks for the jumps. We ALL love the entire jump sequence, itd be nice if the experience could be actually seen while travelling on the Carrier. A simple viewing deck for visitors and perhaps an actual administration/flight deck for the owner to carry out Carrier orders on and View thier jump sequence from.

-Spin up/Cooldown times. Spot on- No changes needed

Navigation- Navigation seemed to work perfectly fine for me, the color changes to the ships owned in system would be nice remaining red instead of grey/white like in the beta, i find it much easier to see. The bookmark color change i dont mind, as there is already alot of blue/white going on on the map, so the orange stands out nicer.

Cargo Transferring- Seemed to work just fine for me - no real changes needed here I feel.

Commodity Market/Fund Transfering- the user interface here NEEDS to be updated, expecially since typically dealing with very large quantities which is something that we currently dont have to deal with, needs to be updated. It is better than it was with the addition of the transfer all button, but an actual input number pad would work VASTLY better and should have no problems working on both PC/Consoles. This is a really really huge headache as it currently is.

Shipyard/Outfitting- The changes to fleet carriers being able to store the owners fleet without purchase of this was stellar, thank you. But something i think needs to be changed in both is the "packs". We should be able to purchase what modules and ships we want to stock and how many of each, additionally the addition of multi-tiered bulk discounts would make these MUCH more likeable and may result in them being much more viably used. Shipyards and outfitting need to be able to compete with LYR systems 15% discount at the minimum, to make them useful, otherwise, people will just do what they already do, go to LYR systems to save as much money as possible if they dont have the Shinrarta permit. Right now the only real use out of it due to this is for us to be able to have our friends/squadron store thier fleets and modules as-well.

Tritium Depot- Transferring tritium seems to be fine. I feel like i understand the Carrier not able to draw directly from the Cargo hold is to balance the fact that we cant remotely navigate the Carrier from our ship from anywhere. ----> No change needed here at this point.

Tritium Refueling- Purchasing i think should be done from an extraction economy rather than refinery, I feel it would make a bit more sense. That being said, the acquisition of it from commodity market and shuttling it made sense to me, and seems realistically fair IMO.
-Mining: at this time i havent done any mining for it, personally im not a fan of mining and avoid it at all costs, ill sooner buy my tritium than mine it.

Redemption Office/UC- both seemed to work just fine for me and worked as i had expected them to. ----> no changed needed

Ship Transferring- Ship transferring seemed to work just fine, although it seemed to be instantaneous. It said i had a 15 minute timer to transfer one of my ships, but it transferred it immediately, or at-least said it did. ***Confirmed, currently you get a message immediately saying that your ship has been delivered, and the Carrier says that it is in the shipyard (I had 1 stored, transferred a second one, it says there is 2 stored in shipyard but there is actually only one in there, and it says the transferred ship is still in its regular transfer state counting down) There is report out on this already, i added my report to it with screenshots.

So far, all in all, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, minus the small issues that should be fixed and the couple additions I think should be made.

Last edited:
What's the trick to finding Tritium in the black? I'm maybe ~1,000 out. I'm not seeing hotspots, but is that by design?

My goal in this is testing if a fleet carrier is really viable to be self sufficient in the black.

Carto sales is great - that tells me the upkeep may be viable in the black.
I jumped out around Barnard's Loop and started exploring for Tritium to mine. Have found two so far and both took about 5-10 system jumps to find. Maybe 20 minutes of system sorting. i did surface mining only but managed about 1-2 tons per minute. They might need to tweek the rate up or add some form of scooping to prevent it becoming a LTD type grind just for fuel for explorers. Fuel inside the bubble was relatively easy to find at refining systems.

FLEET CARRIER OWNER:
Overall....fantastic!
Commodity market is of little use as long as a profit cannot be made.
Repair- why does the single click repair icon (wrench) not also repair ship integrity? Why do you still have to enter Advanced Maaintenance to repair ship integrity? Having to repair ship integrity by going into Advanced Maintenance makes the quick repair button useless.
Transfer of cargo from ship to FC should be made simpler. It was very difficult to find. Also...make thr transfer screen full-on facing you rather than canted off to one side. This will make it easier to see those small numbers as you transfer cargo into the FC. Can we just get a number box to type the amount we want to transfer please....versus the arrow/slider feature?

Jumping:
Can we get a forward view entering and exiting the hyperspace tunnel?
Jumps of longer than 500Ly should be able to be plotted,with the carrier jumping max distance and going into cooldown/spin up automatically.
Cool down time....no issues. Please reduce spin up time. 15 minutes is too long. 10 seems reasonable.

That's only a problem for the half dozen most massively overpriced commodities in the game. Should they really design it just to suit that particular gold-rush?
Seeing as it’s not a gold rush/exploit, yeah.

The other option is to raise the value of other items over the course of the year and form something like an economic narrative. Either way, the current pricing system is not viable way to trade with a fleet carrier.

Updated!

Those that think "It took me 2 years to get an Anaconda " seem to feel that way in regards to FLEET Carriers as well. Just saying.....if you haven't spent the time....you do NOT deserve it. I'm SICK of that line of thinking!

Make FC's able to be a base of operations out in the black. Only Exploration flagged FC'S get to use Universal Cartographic. Only Bounty Hunting/Warzone flagged ships can use the capability of redemption office. anyone can use basic services. Make services exclusive of the flagged activity. That way nobody stays flagged as one mission. It takes 24 hours to switch modes. You want rearming for Bounty Hunting or cz's.....switch from trade 24 hours earlier. I mean.....powerplay is based off of time....why can't mode switches be as well? I mean...you're an explorer? Takes 24hrs to become a Bounty Hunter in your FC to support it.

1) Reduce the cost of upkeep. Why make it punitive to use the extended jump range after making a 5b cr investment? All services active......21m weekly upkeep. Toooo much.
2) Reduce the "spin up" time....10 minutes is fair as long as cool down stays the same. 15 minutes is too long for the explorer.....or anybody. Set course....go have dinner and a poopoo........come back and see 2 minutes till jump. Some have said "It allows my friends to get there". That's because if they were your friend....either they would be on board for a jump or catch up later.....or not miss it.

Make it possible to plot an entire course....versus the max jump range. It's really a pita to plot a course in a FC. 500 Ly range? M a ke it the same as a 50Ly jumper with the cooldowns a requirement (10/5). I have used my stored ships plotter and worked backwards to get a jump in my FC.

Give us a view of the jump from OUTSIDE.

Last edited:
Hi cmdrs, struggling to add services to my FC. Bought the FC in Panoi and was told my FC was in Ho Hsi, whilst I was docked in Panoi I could not add any services. So went to Ho Hsi and landed on my FC, still couldn't add services so assumed only the systems you can purchase from have dockyard so jumped FC back to Panoi, but still can't add any. Do you have to tansfer funds to your FC to do this, is that why I can't?
EDIT: Ignore, must be a bug, funds need to be in carrier account, but for new carrier it does not say insufficient funds until you purchase 1 service.

Last edited:
Updated!

Those that think "It took me 2 years to get an Anaconda " seem to feel that way in regards to FLEET Carriers as well. Just saying.....if you haven't spent the time....you do NOT deserve it. I'm SICK of that line of thinking!

Make FC's able to be a base of operations out in the black. Only Exploration flagged FC'S get to use Universal Cartographic. Only Bounty Hunting/Warzone flagged ships can use the capability of redemption office. anyone can use basic services. Make services exclusive of the flagged activity. That way nobody stays flagged as one mission. It takes 24 hours to switch modes. You want rearming for Bounty Hunting or cz's.....switch from trade 24 hours earlier. I mean.....powerplay is based off of time....why can't mode switches be as well? I mean...you're an explorer? Takes 24hrs to become a Bounty Hunter in your FC to support it.

1) Reduce the cost of upkeep. Why make it punitive to use the extended jump range after making a 5b cr investment? All services active......21m weekly upkeep. Toooo much.
2) Reduce the "spin up" time....10 minutes is fair as long as cool down stays the same. 15 minutes is too long for the explorer.....or anybody. Set course....go have dinner and a poopoo........come back and see 2 minutes till jump. Some have said "It allows my friends to get there". That's because if they were your friend....either they would be on board for a jump or catch up later.....or not miss it.

Make it possible to plot an entire course....versus the max jump range. It's really a pita to plot a course in a FC. 500 Ly range? M a ke it the same as a 50Ly jumper with the cooldowns a requirement (10/5). I have used my stored ships plotter and worked backwards to get a jump in my FC.

Give us a view of the jump from OUTSIDE.
thats a good idear but have them at set prices for them for eg 2.5 bill explorat 3.5 for a bounty one and 5 for the trade one would be a good idear then u get what u pay for

as a carrier owner i was disaponted at what u actuly get for 5bil and worked out if u wanted a fully functional carrier it costs u 10 bill for all services and stock coz u dont get the option to have only the stock u want to sell and are forced to sell everything in the tears or all the outfiting for one section so i think that bit needs looked at and made better or just lower the prices seen as ur forced to buy all of one section even if u dont want everything in that section

I've never even tried backing up my ps4 bindings to usb so will try that this weekend, but one thought I had when reading your post was this: are there any new FC-related keybindings in the beta that are not in current game hence why beta says file is corrupt? What type of files are these, are they binary or editable in some way?
There is a binary file that reads as a key of some sort then there is the settings file. After careful review of my ED settings video and the ED Beta 2 there does appear to be some modifications to the options settings so this may indeed be the case where a copy and paste of the data file doesn't match-up. I can read the binary on an online .bin code reader but I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't know if there's a way to edit these. I am going to save my Beta settings and recapture another video just in case our settings get wiped out after the actual FC update. This process of video capture and update settings took 3 hours so it's no trivial task.

My experiences thus far (CMDR Canakiwibrit on the PS4)
Joined a random carrier"BWANABOAT" on its journey out into the void.
I do like the idea of exploration using these things - much better than the constant Jump, honk cycle!
I found a mining tritium to be ok - but you would need a team of miners to make frequent jumps.
Perhaps include the option of hiring tritium miners as crew that go out in NPC ships and return with tritium?

The communication between the passengers and owners should be possible even cross platform as the "Bwanaboat" owner CMDR Bwana recently suspended the shipyard and outfitting on their FC and now I cant't switch ships or use stored modules.
This wouldn't be so bad in the bubble but out in the void it means I'm stranded in a Type 9 without a fuel scoop!
Could it be possible to allow "emergency" ship switching when the shipyard is suspended?

Also what happens to passenger ships if the FC is decommissioned?

Update (25th May) as carrier owner
Generally I like the carriers and what they could bring to the game in player activities.
I'm ok with the spool up and cool down times as they are - although perhaps an option for a 5 minute emergency spool up at double fuel rates - Capital ships can jump away from combat zones pretty quickly when they get damaged - although I guess you could explain that as military grade hardware.

The only bug I've seen was when I did a smaller (250ly) jump towards a nebula the skybox did not update at the destination untill I logged in and out.
I'll see if this is previously reported bug.

As a single miner I found that it took a couple of hours to mine 20 tons of Tritium in a keelback with mining laser, pulse wave, abrasion blaster, displacement missiles and collector limpets. I'm sure there are much better mining rigs out there that could double or triple that, but at around 3 LY per ton that's just too slow for the solo player to support an expedition.
With a couple of friends helping out that would be ok I guess, but many players only operate in solo so that's too slow for enjoyable game play.

I think a couple changes would ease this:

1) Increase the LY per ton yield to at least 5 LY per ton - preferably 10 LY per Ton
2) Increase frequency and yields from Tritium hot spots and also make non hotspot Ice rings yield reasonable amouts so that finding tritium is not too ardous.

Last edited:
Beta 2 Report General Impressions.

Personal goals and expectations:

I bought and equipped my carrier for deep space exploration and to accommodate friends to join along. I expect the Carrier to act as a distant remote base to support a small expeditionary crew of friends. I expect the cost and time requirements for these benefits to be Self Sustainable and
Easily Manageable.

I understand there is expected additional resource requirements over an above current deep exploration with Tritium. For this to meet my expectation it needs to be a ratio of XX% Fun Exploring to a X% grinding and working for the Fleet Carrier.
My general ratios: 60:40 is unacceptable, 70:30 undesirable, 80:20 manageable, 90:10 desirable, 98:2 Oh hell yes take my 5 billion, let's go find some stuff!

What I don't want:
The focus to be spent on looking for tritium and not exploring. Passing over system scans because XX system has no icy rings. Grinding on the only efficient profit generating activity to maintain a FC. ...this isn't exploring or fun.

Fleet Carrier Functionality:
I equipped my FC with Cartographers, re-fuel repair, Commodities and Shipyard. I also transferred my modules. This all worked as expected although as a high cost.

I equipped Commodities to purchase LTD, Trituim and VO. Because were looking for tritium and if we so happen to find LTD and VO why not profit? Nobody seems to care for this concept. I have ZERO purchases for my buy orders. It's doesn't offer any economic sustainability benefit or incentive. It's confusing economics.
(See others on commodities)

I equipped a ship yard so Friends could store their own exploration ship, mining ship and extra modules. It would be nice to have spares. The cost is unsustainable for what's offered in packs.
Stowage for Owner with Guests and Shipyard Sales should be separate. A random purchase 15000ly out in the black at zero profit is not compelling.
(See others on ship packs)

Navigation works but we don't have the functionality to plot multiple jump points towards a destination with available fuel capacity.
(See others on Navigation and plotting)

Economic Feedback:
There's no feedback explicitly showing a profit margin, ROI or sustainability requirements. It's all just how you pay the bill and at what cost from your current holdings.
Are FC a potential business opportunity, potential game play benefit or just an expensive luxury? How do we the community align our goals and manage our expectations with FDev's efforts and RL requirements to offer FC to the community?

Beta Results:
5 Billion plus additional cost leaving 147 mil.
11 mil weekly upkeep.
After week 1: 142 mil (in Ceos trying to fund expedition resulting in 5 mil loss.)
Time spent looking for Tritium hotspot: 3 hours.
Time spent gathering Tritium: 4 hours 390 units (110 to go)
Time spent exploring: 1 hour

Sustainability:
Currently my carrier is completely unsustainable as an exploration FC. 3 months to grind 5 Billion and it's a cost over cost after expense with zero sum total net gain on return.
I'ts a luxury to grind for.
Use for a short time at great cost.
Grind to maintain separate from the goals use, even with the help of friends.
This hasn't met my goals or expectations. I'm below the undesirable fun ratio of 60:40 in the opposite ratio of 10:90

A problem with markets:

....Galactic Average for LTD's in LIVE is 250+k, galactic average is based off of alot of other factors, this was noted in Beta 1 live streams and i believe frontier even noted on this. Therefore in LIVE you could put the price up to 2.5m per ton for LTDs. This is easy to check if you simpy go and check commodity prices on the actual game

Will be submitting a bug report for this shortly, but -

Trying to turn in a bounty for a PMF (The Fuel Rats Mischief) in their home system (Fuelum) on a Fleet Carrier (not mine) has twice now triggered CE-34878-0 errors.

EDIT: It's possible the bug is triggered by attempting to select a specific bounty and turn that in, rather than using the "Redeem All Bounty Vouchers" button.

EDIT II: Definitely repeatable - click on a single bounty in an FC Redemption Office and it will crash the PS4. "Redeem All" is fine though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom