Focused Feedback - PlayStation 4 Participants

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Frontier
As mentioned in Testing Guidelines, please use this thread to share your feedback if you are participating on PlayStation 4.

For additional information, please check the following:

All issues should be reported to the (Beta) Issue Tracker directly, but if you have any questions, please let us know on this forum thread.
Good luck on your mission, Commanders.

Last edited:
Not being able to watch my Carrier jump:
1. I want to be able to watch the jump from the Carrier Command/View Deck. Period. That is Essential, I pay 5 BILLION Credits for that. ;)

Upkeep:
1. Upkeep has to be removed completely or DRASTICALLY reduced.
Either for higher purchase price, or for example a simple 14 day timer for players that haven't logged in.
It would hide the Fleet Carrier from Galaxy Map after that time. Players whose modules and ships would be stored on such carrier could transfer their properties for a normal price. Or have them sent to the nearest station after for example 30 day period. Or any other mothball mechanism.

UI:
1. Galaxy Map UI should display a single FC icon next to a body it orbits, and from that icon, if more than 2 carriers orbit the body, a simple drop-down list of carriers should appear. With an info on distance from arrival, which is missing now.
2. Aesthetic-wise, new Galaxy Map icons are confusing and since bookmarks are the most commonly used, they blend too much.
3. Transferring credits and commodities interface should have a number to type in possible.
4. Galaxy map interface could use new functionalities: My Ship and My Carrier. Which would bring the user to the system in which the Carrier or currently used ship is. BOTH when browsing from standard Galaxy map, or from FC Jump Plotting interface.
5. When looking at the Carrier from Carrier Management left analog should move the camera along the axis of the carrier, right one should rotate and zoom. Current way of it working feels a bit awkward.

Tritium:
1. I mined 30 tones of Tritium. I found a single Hotspot but luckily there was a lot of Tritium rocks in it.
2. I managed to find some Tritium selling stations, sadly in-game tools don't provide enough information to effectively look for desired commodities. (Maybe it was due to Beta client thought that I didn't visit any system in the game.)
3. Tritium synthesis should be available either as a service or as a built in functionality, it would slowly synthesize Tritium from Hydrogen Fuel;
which the players could donate from their fuel tanks or via fuel transfer limpets if we want to keep things complicated, or as a commodity, or Hydrogen Fuel could be scooped while orbiting around a certain star type.
4. Alternatively a high-risk activity like scooping very close to the star with a dedicated Optional Module installed in a ship could synthesize Tritium to a dedicated new Cargo Bay type. That would be a thing for explorers more than tedious mining.
5. Transferring Tritium from Commodity market/storage to Tritium deposit should be an option.
6. It would be awesome to have an option to order a remote drone from the Carrier to drop nearby players ship location in the planetary ring. It would collect the cargo from players ship and offer Limpet resupply. That could be extensively used by basically every miner, not only for tritium purposes.

Jumps:
1. Cooldown and Spin up should be switched i.e. spin-up should be shorter than cooldown, and further reduced.
2. A multiplier for distance-wise cooldown period should be introduced. Cooldown and spinup time for jumping between bodies in the same system should be very short, if not instantaneous.
3. Plotting multiple jumps, via time schedule and/ore distance-wise, should be already available.
4. Setting an orbit radius around the body should be an option.
5. Orbiting a Station should be available - Rescue Ship like mechanism.

Services:
1. Commodity market is almost of no interest to me, why can't I both sell and purchase the same commodity?
2. Shipyard and Outfitting in it's current form is of no use to me. Purchasing modules and ships in bulk is not attractive at all.
I would gladly offer modules and ships for sale on my FC if I could Engineer them first or manufacture them myself from commodities.
Price for every module would be set independently, unless there would be multiple of a module.
3. Material Traders and Technology Brokers are missing as a service.
4. Refuel, Repair, Rearm should be Core Services, at least for the Owner, like Shipyard and Outfitting.
5. Tariffs should be independent for each service, with an option of changing all in UI.
6. I don't see why I couldn't set 3 services of my choice as "Core" services.

Miscellaneous:
1. Why are NPCs docking with my carrier if they don't trade and use carriers services? I placed an order for 5000 tons of Biowaste in a very attractive price. They should be swarming to my Carrier with cargo! :D But seriously, I can't imagine how the Carrier could possibly earn any money. It's a credit sink at the moment.

Conclusion:
As of the Beta 2 day 1 15:15 Game-time I most likely won't be purchasing the Carrier. I simply don't have the purpose for it. Especially that it will cost me when I'm not playing the game, which is a deal-breaker.

More FC focused feedback will be edited into this comment later on.

Last edited:
Galaxy Map services is either turned off or broken. I went to check a couple interstellar factors systems I am aware of and they are not populating. Neither are Carrier Services or Carrier Vendor. I'll jump back on in a bit for other notes.

Market place is not allowing me to sell goods i can buy them, i have set a sell price, but nothing shows on the market place for sale i have animal meat in stock
1589208958858.png

there should be a lower buy price for what u actuly get or diffrent prices for the fleet carriers depending on what u want in the carrier for example 2 bill for a standered carrier with what u get for 5 bill at the min 3.5 bill for a half the full out fitted carrier and 5 bill for a fully kited out carrier with all services
second thing i found is being forced to bulk my ships is not good for example being able to buy certen ships like buying 3 condas 3 type 10s and so on being able to have the stock u want to sell and not forced to sell everything would be better

there should be a lower buy price for what u actuly get or diffrent prices for the fleet carriers depending on what u want in the carrier for example 2 bill for a standered carrier with what u get for 5 bill at the min 3.5 bill for a half the full out fitted carrier and 5 bill for a fully kited out carrier with all services
second thing i found is being forced to bulk my ships is not good for example being able to buy certen ships like buying 3 condas 3 type 10s and so on being able to have the stock u want to sell and not forced to sell everything would be better
100% agree on the ship packs its utter rubbish

Overall impression: excellent. Will definitely get a fleet carrier on release

1. Upkeep rates, perfect. No adjustment needed.

2.Decommissioning at full refund less debt or static fee. Perfect no adjustment needed. This balances the needs of other players against the individual.

3. Jump timers. The times are fine.

Consider adding the fleet carriers name (not the id) to the hanger front wall. It’s kinda silly that I spent all these credits and I don’t get to see my carriers name in that cool font.

Also consider adding alternate voices for the air traffic controller. Seriously I’m paying 5 million a week for a crew I’d like to hear their voices over the local net.

Overall impression: excellent. Will definitely get a fleet carrier on release

1. Upkeep rates, perfect. No adjustment needed.

2.Decommissioning at full refund less debt or static fee. Perfect no adjustment needed. This balances the needs of other players against the individual.

3. Jump timers. The times are fine.

Consider adding the fleet carriers name (not the id) to the hanger front wall. It’s kinda silly that I spent all these credits and I don’t get to see my carriers name in that cool font.

Also consider adding alternate voices for the air traffic controller. Seriously I’m paying 5 million a week for a crew I’d like to hear their voices over the local net.
this is spot on, one other thing is the Livery screen also not working, would have liked to have the option to add the FC name to the outside of the FC and why can't we change the FC ID?

First Impressions as a non FC owner... Love the menus, quick refuel etc...
The issues I noticed have been logged via the tracker.
I would like to see various permissions for wing members in the event a cmdr is not available such as jumping refueling etc...

I cannot use the bug tracker and I'm not sure how much it will change when you bring it out live so I am assuming there are some problems better not actually problems but just what is happening in the betta by itself.
1. Galaxy map filter , services, it looks like all data regarding exploration is gone and even when finding stations with Services they still do not appear on the filter afterwards.

2. I think the pricing for unlocking ships for others to buy in the shipyard is reasonable, kind of okay with outfitting, but again with all travel data nullified and the filter not working it is making it hard to locate systems to get what is needed for outfitting on the carrier.

3. Buying Carrier Services, I bought most of the services from what I had left over after buying the carrier but I still do not have enough and I spent about a billion. I think it would be better to have all services between 500 million and 750 million all together instead of over a billion.

4. Upkeep cost, I think it looks good, but it makes me wonder about exploration and having this as a Mobil station between the bubble in Sagittarius A. There are times where I will not be able to play the game for most of the week if not multiple weeks and I just don't know if I will get enough player activity to keep the ship operational.

5. Squadron, Allied power, faction, when talk of Fleet carriers first came out it was going to be tied to a squadron and that got cancelled. I don't know how complicated it would be but I would like the carriers have the option of being tied to squadrons and whatever faction those squadrons are tied to. If they are in a system that has the faction, it can be a base for the faction and Squadron. So like if there is a outbreak or other status change things can be bought and sold on the carrier that can influence change.

6. Besides what was first mentioned about services, it all looks balanced and good to go.

7. Livery, it is not loading.

8. Dock Station menu, I like how this looks more than standard game version. If it is not only for the beta it would be good for the main game. Perhaps even have a setting customize what menu players would like.

Top Bottom