Focused Feedback - PC Participants

Can some one give me some information on fleet carriers please, I saw the lunch of beta 1 but fell ill and have not been able to participate, I have found answers to most of my questions apart from,
1 do I have to be on the carrier to plot a jump or can I go ahead and plot from my ship and destination.
2. If the last place I landed was my carrier and then left for space and sent my carrier 500ly in another direction but then got killed do I respawn on the carrier at its final destination.

The only positive aspect that I can see about the fleet carriers is that they provide an additional and persistent link between the modes, besides the BGS and PP. But that's it with all my positivism for now. 🤷‍♂️

Can some one give me some information on fleet carriers please, I saw the lunch of beta 1 but fell ill and have not been able to participate, I have found answers to most of my questions apart from,
1 do I have to be on the carrier to plot a jump or can I go ahead and plot from my ship and destination.
2. If the last place I landed was my carrier and then left for space and sent my carrier 500ly in another direction but then got killed do I respawn on the carrier at its final destination.
1. You can plot from your FC or the ship you are in. I used my Krait Phantom to jump to a system, picked a planet and called my FC to that planet.
2. I don't know but I assume you do.

Could this be a problem?; Being taken where you don't want to go?

Scenario; I dock in a FC for the night, and wake up in another system, thousands of LYs away. Am I surprised?,... oh yes,... very much so. Did I want to go there,... now?,... I highly doubt it. How would I feel about it?,... I might not log back in for a long while,.... maybe a very long while.

Suggestion: Give us some way as FC owners to post Descriptions Like for example; How often this FC will make jumps. What days it plans to make jumps. A to and return schedule. Some form of warning where its up to Commanders to read, and be notified, that its ok to dock on this FC, in this location for so many days, or this FC may launch at any time, so beware. Can this be done in-game? I don't think anyone will want to do online searches for this simple information, before deciding to dock on a FC for the night.

Love All!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can already scan some AI megaships and get their itinerary. Something similar would probably be all I'd need to know. Unless, of course, I'm simply hitchhiking and don't care where I go or if I'll ever get back. If that's the case, then most any FC will do. :cool:

You can already scan some AI megaships and get their itinerary. Something similar would probably be all I'd need to know. Unless, of course, I'm simply hitchhiking and don't care where I go or if I'll ever get back. If that's the case, then most any FC will do. :cool:
Be sure to remember your Electronic Thumb, and, of course, your towel.

Last edited:

Scenario; I dock in a FC for the night, and wake up in another system, thousands of LYs away. Am I surprised?,... oh yes,... very much so. Did I want to go there,... now?,... I highly doubt it. How would I feel about it?,... I might not log back in for a long while,.... maybe a very long while.
I feel like this is just, on the commander who docks at a carrier and logs out.

Just you know, undock if you dont want to be carried away by it. Simple.

Suggestion: Give us some way as FC owners to post Descriptions Like for example; How often this FC will make jumps. What days it plans to make jumps. A to and return schedule. Some form of warning where its up to Commanders to read, and be notified, that its ok to dock on this FC, in this location for so many days, or this FC may launch at any time, so beware. Can this be done in-game? I don't think anyone will want to do online searches for this simple information, before deciding to dock on a FC for the night.

Love All!!!
This is as much a problem for carrier owners as it is for hitchhikers.
There needs to be some way to check if you have any hitchhikers and be able to selectively eject them before relocating.

o7

Love All!!!
This was discussed during the beta, when the humongous spool up and cool down times were justified as a way to allow for passengers to disembark.

I don't mean to sound sassy, but I join the hundreds of commanders who felt like if someone docks at an unknown carrier for the night and wakes up at Beagle Point kind of deserves it!
It's also kind of funny, really, like flying all the way to Hutton Orbital hoping for an Anaconda.

To be honest I can't be asked to babysit all the ships that dock at my carrier every time I jump, or to spend my playing time informing everyone of the route I might or might not want to follow and so on.

At the same time, I would never dream to log out in the carrier of someone I don't know and hope to log back in in the same place!

Bottom line, I think it's a silly idea, meant to fix a problem that could be easily avoided with a minimal effort: do not dock in a carrier you don't know. It should just be a rule like do not fly without a rebuy and do not play on patch day.

This is as much a problem for carrier owners as it is for hitchhikers.
There needs to be some way to check if you have any hitchhikers and be able to selectively eject them before relocating.

o7
Even if there was an eject button no-one is going to use it, infact seeing hitchhikers on board may promote a fleet carrier to travel out thousands of ly from any station and either hope those hitchhikers are now your profit, they kill eachother or themselves or just quit the game entirely.... To be honest id love to have loads of cmdrs come on board mine and start our own "bubble" however i know that will end in bloodshed and tears after a week or so lol

Bottom line, I think it's a silly idea, meant to fix a problem that could be easily avoided with a minimal effort: do not dock in a carrier you don't know. It should just be a rule like do not fly without a rebuy and do not play on patch day.
By all means offer an opinion, but don't call any idea silly just because it doesn't suit your situation.
My carrier is for strategic and logistic support, and often commanders don't log on in time to remove their ship when the carrier needs to react to a new circumstance.
So you can see that despite your views on the matter. Other peoples mileage will vary.

o7

i took hitchhiker from ancient ruins to blueprints his first visit of both I think I waited for 24 hours then went on my way,i said id wait until a specific time and no promises used the comms chat to communicate with him while he was online, what would be handy would be some window that can report any passengers that have landed or left with a time stamp

Information is key here, and there seems to be an issue with providing tools to the CMDR's in Elite to plan and operate their activities. The issue is not spool up or spool down or how many people are on a carrier or not.

A FC owner is not concerned who is on board, unless there is economic benefit.

The issue is having the ability to publish a carrier jump schedule accessible to the groups allowed to dock at the carrier. This could provide content like tourist trip that a FC owner could organize and monetize. Since FC can be operated remotely, an FC owner could arrange a set time daily jump across a region. Passengers would pay for the ride.
Another example would be when mining at COL 285 then post that jump at such time to a LTD selling system and charges the riders. etc..

Yes carriers are a just 'cargo' plane, FDEV now we need the airline schedule page. :LOL::ROFLMAO::cool:

Love All!!!
Do you mean like this thread we're using for Thunder Child?

There seems to be a bug where thousands of tritium units get lost in transit.
I lost 5k tons of tritium during a recent trip and the carrier became stranded.
Another of our cariers has also lost 2k on his way to Colonia.

Mining Tritium out in the black is a PITA and takes way too long for a small crew. It took 24hrs for four of us to get the carrier back from 6k lyrs
Tritium should have been made scoopable using special Tritum Scoops which would deliver the Tritium straight to the cargo bays
The time taken to scoop a full T9 or Cutter would still be significant. yet reasonable. Also the dangers of overheating etc would give it a sense of danger.

Last edited:
the carrier can only be operated remotely until the 1,000 tons of tritium from the tank are empty. after that, unfortunately, you will have to refill yourself.
Not entirely true. Tritium can be carried on the carrier as stock which can be transferred remotely to the store at need.
However, when that stock is depleted then you are forced to find some way to refill the carrier. This can be done by getting other commanders to donate.
More likely you will have to fill it yourself.

o7

Top Bottom