I tried the basic carrier but could not install the optional modules as the admin systems were full. My thoughts:
- When carriers were originally squadron only I had no interest in them at all, so was pleased to see them available to all.
- The built in shipyard, modules and storage are a great addition for the owners.
- Upkeep: I hate any mechanic that penalises people when they are NOT playing. In fact I will not buy a carrier on principle because of this, even if upkeep is a small amount (then why have it at all). People should be encouraged to play by rewards not penalised. Use a timer instead of upkeep to deal with abandoned carriers.
- It is difficult to locate systems that sell or maintain carriers in game (without going to an external website), using the galaxy map filters is like opening Google maps and searching for a house in London by looking for a red car parked outside - why can't we apply a filter and get a list of all relevant systems, this is meant to be the future?
- Fuel: not everyone likes mining, there should be alternative game-play methods of obtaining fuel (trade, purchase, combat zones), or let the crew mine it. It also takes far too long.
- No bridge - hopefully if we get space legs, this will be added.