Focused Feedback - PC Participants

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Frontier
As mentioned in Testing Guidelines, please use this thread to share your feedback if you are participating on PC.

For additional information, please check the following:

All issues should be reported to the (Beta) Issue Tracker directly, but if you have any questions, please let us know on this forum thread.

Good luck on your mission, Commanders.

Last edited:
Thank you! Updated the OP!
Can you please confirm whether powerplay cargo (for fortifying/preparation) is a legitimate thing to transfer onto a carrier?

Obviously it can't be traded on the commodity market... but should we be able to store it?

In Beta 1 it looked like there were some mechanisms to prevent it being transferred, but they were inadequate.

Which way should I be testing it? (allowed, disallowed)

Thanks.

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Frontier
Can you please confirm whether powerplay cargo (for fortifying/preparation) is a legitimate thing to transfer onto a carrier?

Obviously it can't be traded on the commodity market... but should we be able to store it?

In Beta 1 it looked like there were some mechanisms to prevent it being transferred, but they were inadequate.

Which way should I be testing it? (allowed, disallowed)

Thanks.
Hello @Becky,

You will not be able to store powerplay cargo in a Fleet Carrier, I hope this helps with your testing! Thanks

When you transfer a ship to the FC, you get the "incoming message" instantly that the ship has arrived, even thou it's in transit.
I was just about to report the same!

Also the Shipyard on the main screen says the ships are already here but obviously they're not.

And clicking on the Delete Message icon does delete the message but then bounces you to the carrier management screen if the carrier is in countdown to a jump. Annoying!

Last edited:
When you transfer a ship to the FC, you get the "incoming message" instantly that the ship has arrived, even thou it's in transit.
Not just the Fleet Carrier I just got the same message when I called my taxi over to where I started in the beta so I can start selling off ships to fund the carrier purchase. It used to show up some time after I had swapped into the summoned ship, the early message is probably more annoying.

When performing a Carrier jump while docked, I totally thought the "Carrier Management View" was intended to avoid having to stare at the Hangar Wall for several Minutes and at least see the Hyperjump entry (?)

Was surprised (disappointed) when the view jumped back into the Cockpit the very Second the actual jump started.

Just wondering if that's intentional during the Lockdown Minutes while docked and jumping the Carrier?
(I expect Carrier owners/visitors to be in that Carrier Management View during any Jump, since that's the only "Window" to see what's going on around the Carrier during those minutes)

I cannot login it says the game failed to communicate with authentication servers. Please check your internet.
My internet is up and connected..
However in the launcher I only see Fleet Carrier Beta [Horizon] (not 2)...
Elite.png

How to get Fleet Carrier Beta 2? I already updated game in steam and in launcher :(

Last edited:
I cannot login it says the game failed to communicate with authentication servers. Please check your internet.
View attachment 172770

How to get Fleet Carrier Beta 2? I already updated game in steam and in launcher :(
It's update day. The servers are likely clogged with people all trying to connect. This happens every time. Give it a few minutes and keep trying. You'll connect eventually.

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Frontier
View attachment 172770

Hey @cde2006,

To resolve this issue, please do the following:
1) Open the Launcher
2) Click Options -> Log Out Machine - It’s important to use Log Out Machine, and not just Log Out!
3) Restart Launcher and fill in your details and log into game

If the problem persists could you contact our Customer Support team?

Carrier Hull Maintenance is 750k per jump for me? I jumped from Agartha to Pirigen (Distance: 104ly) and accrued 750k in Maintenance Fees whereas in Beta 1, it was only 100k per jump? Was this an unintended change that I missed out on because that's a lot of money for wear and tear for a SINGLE jump? I'm about to attempt a second jump to see if it's the same or scales with range.

EDIT: Second Jump was also 750k AND an in-system jump from one planet to another. This is ridiculous. Two jumps and I'm at 1.5mil wear and tear costs? That's a 7.5x increase from Beta 1 that wasn't mentioned anywhere in the patch notes?

Opened a ticket here:

Last edited:
It is not convenient to have the market either sell or buy each commodity. Neither is having to have a commodity in possession before being able to set a sales price. Please let us set a buy and sell price for commodities at the same time, so that we can set up our market and be able to forget about it, not having to micro-manage it constantly.
Thank you.

The Galaxy map filter to show only carrier management systems doesn't work, it shows all systems.

Top Bottom