Fleet Carriers - Patch 3 - Known Issues

And... It's me again, your favorite hate target. with some more "bad" news.
It seems like some rings were immune to nerf : I just did a lazy Painite one hour laser mining run in a Parinte double overlap that I have never tried before and the result is:

1595680747971.png

yep, 310 ton per hour,
instead of my usual 200t/h.
In a slow Anaconda with 4 mining lases only.
I must admit this "success" was surprising even to me.

Percentage distribution seems to be a bit HIGHER then it was before the patch.
It does not match any other Painite2 I have tested lately, it's about 150% over the post-patch norm.

1595680946702.png

Last edited:
It seems like some rings were immune to nerf : I just did a lazy Painite one hour laser mining run in a Parinte double overlap that I have never tried before and the result is:

View attachment 181983

yep, 310 ton per hour. In laser mining, that apparently is dead :)

It does not match any other Painite2 I have tested lately, it's about 150% over the post-patch norm.

View attachment 181984

No hate here Icey, appreciate the research.

You may just had some lucky run ?

I'm also at 250-300t/hour on hyades (on lucky ones) , but still pre nerf it was more 400/500T/h .

You may just had some lucky run ?

I recommend to test this spot and check it out.
I have dropped halfway between hotspot centers, what actually should not be optimal, becasue one is bigger.

Distributions is so similar to pre-patch curve, it really confuses me.

"Lucky?" I am more into thinking that some spots were "lucky" and other very much not.

To balance things out : I have tested another ring yesterday - one with lot of LTD, TRi, VO hotspots and some overlaps.
Theoretically it should be a "Miner's Mecca".
But results were a disaster:

1595682989285.png

This was in a perfect TRI3 overlap : three large hotspots close to each other, center of the middle one halfway between others two.

1595683256680.png

And there were just no Tri SSD. Alexandrite cores and ....water and I think liquid oxygen in almost every SSD I found.

I recommend to test this spot and check it out.
I have dropped halfway between hotspot centers, what actually should not be optimal, becasue one is bigger.

Distributions is so similar to pre-patch curve, it really confuses me.

"Lucky?" I am more into thinking that some spots were "lucky" and other very much not.

To balance things out : I have tested another ring yesterday - one with lot of LTD, TRi, VO hotspots and some overlaps.
Theoretically it should be a "Miner's Mecca".
But results were a disaster:

View attachment 181989

This was in a perfect TRI3 overlap : three large hotspots close to each other, center of the middle one halfway between others two.

And there were just no Tri SSD. Alexantrite cores and ....water and I thing liquid oxygen in almost every SSD I found.

How funny is that. Does it mean, overlapping hotspots have to be avoided at all costs right now? 🥴

I have checked a single Tri hotspot in the same ring later and it was much better (160t/h) - almost as good as I am used to.

It looks like in some cases Tri overlapping works backwards, it actually removes the Tritium from spot:
Actually this specific place was like purged from any content.
Check the averages for this Tri3.

1595683603973.png

Last edited:
@Just Ice
Painite weren't "nerfed". I mined it in 3 different double overlaps since Jul 15.
Thou i'm not PRO miner in 192cargo Python, i get full cargo in <1h.
GCRV 1568 AB1 was the best place last 3 days in terms of LY from mining point to selling point.

Painite were nerfed a bit , but with resonable numbers , and i feel like it was the thing intended for LTD/tritium too. (i'm only talkign about surface here)

Also price at market dropped alot for LTD , making them value less than painite , which is a bit lame imo.

I think you should take a look at the chart, it's based on long-term data collected from logs of many commanders propecting in many spots.

The distribution curves:
  • green - the lowest - single Painite HS BEFORE patch
  • aquamarine(?)- a bit higher - made from Painite2 overlaps AFTER the patch
  • orange - Painite2 overlaps BEFORE the patch

x - yellow - data from my log.
It should be somewher near aquamarite (post-patch Pain2) curve, but it's very similar to pre-patch Pain2 instead.

All this suggests, that:
- Painite WAS nerfed - otherwise aquamarine curve would not be lower then orange
BUT
- this specific spot I just tested does not fit the usual post-patch result.
It's looks like it missed the nerf somehow.

1595687577190.png

Last edited:
@Just Ice
Overlaps efficiency were "balanced" - as patch says.
We need Painite1 curve AFTER PATCH. Cuz hotspot spawns was DOUBLED - as patch says.

It's a funny kind of balance, when I drop in center of Tri hotspot enveloped in common area of two other Tri hotspots - ultimate jackpot - and after prospecting fo some time get average Tri content of 0,59%

Even more bizarre is the fact that Tri overlaps seem to reduce number of Tri SSDs aswell.

Still - I keep my previous opinion - you still can mine >200t/h of Tri, you just need to look in places that are result of "out of the box" approach.

View attachment 181983

yep, 310 ton per hour,
instead of my usual 200t/h.

View attachment 181984

Out of curiosity, how are you generating these graphs?

Greetings Commanders,

Thanks for your feedback on the latest patch! We understand that some of the changes had unexpected effects and want to address them:

Overlapping Hotspots Commodity Distribution
With Patch 3 we implemented a change that was primarily intended to bring down the effects of multiple overlapping hotspots, especially on rarer commodities (such as Low Temperature Diamonds). We're currently looking at data from the live game to determine the actual impact that it is having and will review this based on our projections. If the data does not meet our expectations we will be making changes accordingly.

Tritium
One of the most noted points of feedback we've seen so far is that the rarity of Tritium has been negatively impacted. We'd like to make it clear that any negative impact on locating and mining Tritium is unintentional and the intention is for Tritium to remain as accessible as it was prior to Patch 3.

Limited Purchasing on Fleet Carriers
Fleet Carrier purchase orders are now limited to a maximum order of 2bn Credits. This was omitted from the patch notes and we apologise for any confusion this has caused.

Console Players
A small update will take place tomorrow around midday for Xbox and Playstation users. This update won't contain any noticeable changes, but lays the groundwork for future bug fixes.

Finally, we would like to thank you all for your great feedback, we have been listening and watching and we appreciate your patience and support.

UPDATE: We are investigating the issues above, and are working on a patch. We will update you with the date for this patch as soon as we have it. Thank you for your continued patience.

o7 Commanders.
I feel like its time for me to do something I should have done since this patch release.

That is to go play something else.

Not only do you need to fix this blasted patch (nerf) that makes your product quite an unpleasant experience, you really need to address your systems and put countermeasures in place to prevent such actions from ever happening again.

o7

To
I feel like its time for me to do something I should have done since this patch release.

That is to go play something else.

Not only do you need to fix this blasted patch (nerf) that makes your product quite an unpleasant experience, you really need to address your systems and put countermeasures in place to prevent such actions from ever happening again.

o7
Torchlight II might still be free and it is a lot of fun.

When are you people going to fix the Abrasion Blaster not working on chunks left over from core rocks blown up. I waste lots of things becuase of this bloody bug.

Top Bottom