Ships Fleet Carrier "Upkeep costs" are asinine!

Please do share how to get "a decent stone".

I've spent hours in the overlapping hotspot in D1-112 and the results have been... underwhelming, to say the least.

Takes 10-12 prospector limpets to find one surface-only stone with maybe 45% painite, 50% if I'm extremely lucky. No cores or sub-surface deposits. Not one.

And yes, I brought all the toys and followed all the tutorials to the letter.

Not saying it is not profitable. I made it from Broker to Tycoon in a matter of 5-6 hours (three different sessions), but all I could make in each session was no more than 180 tons.
I'm mining where you are, and I collect just about anything, and sell it on my carrier. It's something.

Carriers are end game. When you've absolutely grasped how things work despite any nerfs by FDev.

I'm buying my second carrier.
Funded by my first Carrier.
Big shout out to all the Commanders who got the CG Special FSD and helped pay for the 'Arthur C Clarke', and also all the Commanders who helped fuel the 'Larry Niven' and made a nice profit.

Fleet Carrier: End game.
Good name.

Don't think fleet carriers should be avalible or intended for the individual CMDR but for Guild/Squadons/Fleets. that are organized for everyone in the squad to upkeep and maintain and decide where to jump to. this way people can create there own squads that have there own guild bank and resources for players based on rank in squad. and can claim and control system they discover or conquer.

You describe millions upon millions as "nothing"? Are you high? Unless that has changed dramatically to be "hundreds of thousands", your argument makes no sense. I don't have 20 hours a day to grind to upkeep a carrier for a month without caring. I have a job, a life and things to do that include not being in my apartment 24/7. So please explain yourself.
While I agree with the upkeep of carriers being a little absurd - making people even pay an upkeep for making jumps in one, why I have no interest in carriers because they are just there to make people have to spend more time online in the game if you expand one. I've read it's around 10 million a week for the basic upkeep of one if you don't add loads of extras. That isn't hard to do if you have a ship with a 440 cargo hold, you can make 6.5m doing the trade run with silver from Daedalus in Sol (permit system) to Clement Orbital in YZ Ceti, a one hop trade route and the stations in both systems are no more than 1,200ly away. You can make 13 million in 15 minutes with 2 trade runs doing that silver haul if you have a cargo ship that can carry 440 units. That would fund the carrier for a week, 15 minutes spent to do it with only 2 quick and easy single hop trade runs

Last edited:
I was feeling like it was time to do a small credit gorge last week so I took a couple hours to load 10k tons of gold. the Next day I did the hop and offloaded which goes a bit faster on the sell side.

I think it was a 335Mil profit

Do it again and you'd be good for a year+

How excruciating 😅

I was feeling like it was time to do a small credit gorge last week so I took a couple hours to load 10k tons of gold. the Next day I did the hop and offloaded which goes a bit faster on the sell side.

I think it was a 335Mil profit

Do it again and you'd be good for a year+

How excruciating 😅
This guy gets it.

I like to do massacre missions for money. Doesn't take too long to get about 335m in massacre missions, and the kills are pretty easy, too.

Hmm, I see some thread-necromancy has occurred.

To answer some of the questions raised earlier:

I have three Carriers now. You can only have one per account, but ED often goes on sale (and was even free for awhile on Epic), so it's cheap to get multiple accounts, and that means multiple Carriers. My main CMDR already had two "assistants" before Carriers (one based in the Bubble, the other in Colonia).

Credits can be transferred once you have one Carrier, as you can set your own prices on commodities in the market, between 5% and 1000% of galactic average. The rich CMDR sells some high-value commodity to the poor CMDR at 5% of regular price, and then buys it back at 1000%.

You can also suspend services when not in use, to save money. My upkeep bill for all three Carriers is around 25 million per week. I have enough stashed in the Carrier accounts for 2 years, with more that could be transferred.

Top Bottom