Fleet Carrier FAQ

FYI: Fuel usage per jump: Y=a*M*L+ b*L+C
M=mass/capacity
L=jump distance

a= 1/10000
b= 1/4
c= 10
So having 26000t (tritium in depot doesnt contribute to M) and 784t in ship its around 70,4k Ly range

Was the carrier the closets "station" around at the time? Or did it actually take you out out of the Bubble on respawn?
Latter. I died on high g planet (i tried full faoff, dont judge) near bubble, dont remember name now.

Two suggestions:

1. Don't buy your F C on Wednesday as you get hit with the full week upkeep cost on Thursday morning.

2. Don't buy the Nautilus F C layout if you don't want an Imperial tramp-stamp on your FC.

1. Don't buy your F C on Wednesday as you get hit with the full week upkeep cost on Thursday morning.
You sure - I thought the costs accrued through the week?

(I could be completely wrong - I don't watch the finances at all :) )

Edit: Actually - I don't care - if you're worried about upkeep for that first partial week ... then you ain't got enough to be buying a FC either week :)

Gonna ask the real question here:
Why did Frontier listen to all the people wanting a personal carrier instead of making them squadron assets as it was supposed to be from the day they first announced them?

Gonna ask the real question here:
Why did Frontier listen to all the people wanting a personal carrier instead of making them squadron assets as it was supposed to be from the day they first announced them?
As one of the voices calling for carriers to be made available to solo players (ie those play alone), it would have been surrounded in a sea of complaints and moaning that Frontier hates solo players. I'm not saying anyone would have caused controversy on purpose, but that that's what would have happened.

Me personally, I was wrong, I have realised that carriers should have been restricted to squadrons. For solo players to have them is a bit stupid.
Having said that, Frontier have done a great job of implementing them doe solo players ... upkeep is a bit stupid, but still ....

May i ask a question :)

If a friend wants to store modules and ships at my carrier, i have to buy a outfitting and a shipyard.

Do i have to buy the ships and modules too for the carrier, the wiki isn´t realy clear for a non native english speaker there?
Does the "parking" work whenn the service is suspded?
Would be expensive to buy a stockpile of Cutters for that.

May i ask a question :)

If a friend wants to store modules and ships at my carrier, i have to buy a outfitting and a shipyard.

Do i have to buy the ships and modules too for the carrier, the wiki isn´t realy clear for a non native english speaker there?
Does the "parking" work whenn the service is suspded?
Would be expensive to buy a stockpile of Cutters for that.
If your friend just want to store his own ships and modules you only need shipyard and outfitting.

Only if you want to sell ships, you need the ship-packs.

Not sure about the parking/suspended question, but my guess is no. :)

Right so was hit with first weeks upkeep... However my weekly was 14+m due to jumps, should be 12.6m this week and i havnt jumped once since the upkeep however my upkeep is showing 13.8mil and the extra is marked as "accrued costs" what are these?

Not sure if this is new - there is a nameplate alongside the landing pads now:

I think I needed to change the selected nameplate to make it appear, but quite possibly it was in black so I couldn't see it. Weird I never spotted it before - when I saw it on someone else's FC I thought I was missing out :)

Aren't fleet carriers just remodelled ocellus starports?

From the Wiki:

... the Ocellus stations can be moved intact from place to place as opposed to being assembled on site. Giant drives can be attached to move them from system to system when required, albeit much more slowly than even the largest cargo ships. Only a few of them have been so equipped, and it is said that the arrival of an Ocellus at a gold-rush world marks the end of the early stage of the gold rush, as it marks the arrival of the eye of officialdom and the beginning of the end of the anarchic freedom of those early day

How do you know what carriers want to buy (and for how much)? Do you have to dock and check the market?
Sadly humanity has downgraded in technology in the year 3306 asnd there is no remote way of knowing any markets in game without being a certain distance or having been ion their stations before.....wqe can talk to eachother 60k+ ly away yet cant tell you the value of gently caressing tiolet paper...

Top Bottom