Fish, Birds, and PZ2

Yup, because Zoo tycoon was so big in its day and PZ is not and there is probably a reason for it.
Different times and don't think Zoo Tycoon wasn't considered as a big title. Not even close to the Sims1/TheSims2 which were released at the same time.
They did really well for a niche category
But even among the EA games, TheSims stands out in their support. Most EA games are released as finished (features) and maybe 1 or 2 DLC in the first 6 months and they move on.

It's really a shame, some of the popular games only get a little extra content after release. Assassin's Creed, GTA5/Red dead Redempion 2 (singleplayer), Hitman are among my favorite franchises but you know you're not getting much extra content for the game (update or DLC). Basically you buy the game as it is.

IMO, having bought all the game's DLC, I'm quite upset if this is the case. I feel quite ripped off because tbh, I feel a lot was promised with little delivered.
That's the part I don't get, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I am not fully satisfied with the development of PZ either, since all DLCs are kind of cosmetic and scratches the surface and don't change the core. And I do feel like Frontier promised things they never deliver (unique personality is the main aspect I am missing and the managment is lacking as well).

However, flying birds and fish were never promised, mentioned or even slightly hinted. And as others have said, with most zoos an aquarium is a little sidekick, but no main attraction and rarely big and divers. And if zoos don't have an aquarium, most zoo guests aren't even complaining.

And while more zoos have birds, they are usually also not the big ticket animals every zoo has to have. The focus is almost always on mammals with almost every zoo.

I don't even think it makes fully sense to compare Planet Coaster with Planet Zoo in all aspects, but comparing JWE and Planet Zoo is really comparing orange and apples. JWE2 is not getting birds because "they belong in a zoo" or "players requested them", but because they are a keypart of the franchise and led to iconic scenes. So there inclusion has absolutely nothing to do with PZ.

Do I feel Frontier is leaving money on the table with PZ and never really uses its full potential? YES. Have they ripped us off? NO. I mean, I'm ltterally begging for them to give me more and take my money, I feel far from ripped off. We got a dang good base game for not too much money and while I'd love bigger DLCs, the price point is and was never an issue.

Also to add to this, Planet and JWE are entirely different franchises and teams.

The freedoms that Frontier will have in the Planet franchise and entirely different than they will have on an IP like Jurassic Park/World from Universal.

It's clear that Planet Zoo is not end of life. Just because another of their titles has a sequel (which is guided by a real franchises plans rather than Frontiers) I wouldn't use that as your basis for things not coming to Planet Zoo.

Leaving this here...

Today Frontier Developments published a trading statement and game announcement following the end of Frontier's financial year 2021 ("FY21" - the 12 months to 31 May 2021) (https://otp.tools.investis.com/clie...regulatory-story.aspx?cid=1725&newsid=1482815)

The game announcement was all about JWE2.

This is perhaps the most interesting thing about Planet Zoo:

1623412122356.png

Nice. I'm hoping this doesn't use the term "roadmap" lightly, and we actually do get some kind of roadmap for development, even if it's just for the updates and not dlc. If we do, I'd highly suspect the wonderful @Jens Erik and @Tim Smith are responsible for that happening, so TIA.

Also, a point worth mentioning that i don't think was brought up here, but was on Reddit. JWE2 had to happen because there was a lot of post launch content that they couldn't add in because the game was so broken, and also Universal was being pretty restrictive with them. I'm guessing they made a much better engine so more things are possible for JWE2, and also communicated to Universal that they need more creative freedom, based on player feedback from the first game.

Similarly, the highly-requested waterpark dlc for PC is just not possible in the current game, so they'll need to make a new one.

However, with PZ, diving has been proven to be achievable, which means aviaries/flying is not ruled out yet.

At this point I believe PZ dev support will last longer than many members anticipate.

I still remember some content creators that were killing the game this summer - not sure whether they still believe so. Also, content creators were claiming "Frontier is stepping away from simulation games" and boom, JWE2 announcement.

Also, a point worth mentioning that i don't think was brought up here, but was on Reddit. JWE2 had to happen because there was a lot of post launch content that they couldn't add in because the game was so broken, and also Universal was being pretty restrictive with them.
I will say it once more. Main reason why jwe2 is happening because in first game they had to make every dinosaur manually and they couldnt reuse animations and rigs (apparently small change in size led to making new rig for same dinosaur). It was very time consuming. Frotnier noticed their mistake and made entirely new animal making system for PZ, which fixed lot of things. JWE2 aimed at introducing this system and were developed alongside Pz. No wonder they had to make sequel since game was so trash on coding level they couldnt make main objects of the game - dinosaurs.

It's nothing special, just informing that they have plans for PZ DLCs during FY22 year, which goes until 31st May 2022. No more no less.
Well, as you already pointed out, so many people were prematurely speculating that the game's life cycle would end this year. So it is a little special in that regard. Even if every pack is a 4 + 1 (which I wouldn't expect) and we get 5 more with 3 this year and 2 next year (though certainly possible for more) that would still worst case scenario be another 20 habitat animals and 5 exhibit animals.

I wouldn't scratch that out. I could see such features be introduced to planet zoo.

It is like the ghost busters DLC in planet Coaster, it came out a year after the first JWE and it incorporated the ectomobile to the game, a drivable vehicle that was never a part of the base game. And from what I have tried, it uses the same mechanics as the ranger vehicles in JWE.

So with JWE2, it could be a feature that could be shared with the PZ team. I never like saying never in such scenarios, we just have to wait and see tbh, it has been a large request.

Well, as you already pointed out, so many people were prematurely speculating that the game's life cycle would end this year. So it is a little special in that regard. Even if every pack is a 4 + 1 (which I wouldn't expect) and we get 5 more with 3 this year and 2 next year (though certainly possible for more) that would still worst case scenario be another 20 habitat animals and 5 exhibit animals.
Thanks for pointing it out so specifically. I mean, I could have done the math myself, but I didn't and seeing it written down is quite the uplift, I have to admit.

Also, a point worth mentioning that i don't think was brought up here, but was on Reddit. JWE2 had to happen because there was a lot of post launch content that they couldn't add in because the game was so broken, and also Universal was being pretty restrictive with them. I'm guessing they made a much better engine so more things are possible for JWE2, and also communicated to Universal that they need more creative freedom, based on player feedback from the first game
Similarly, the highly-requested waterpark dlc for PC is just not possible in the current game, so they'll need to make a new one.
Just curious who's saying these things? It reads as someone posting their own explanations on Reddit to an event or happening. (their interpretation of information).
Something like: Confirmed no waterparks in PC -> it's highly requested -> therefore PC2 has to be made -> PC2 will have waterparks (next step?)
But also: A lot of license companies are protective of their brand -> We wanted more from JWE -> license company restricted the developer.

I've seen those type of explanations multiple times but in short: trying to explain something based on your own opinion/mood because the info surrounding that fact is unknown.

I still remember some content creators that were killing the game this summer - not sure whether they still believe so. Also, content creators were claiming "Frontier is stepping away from simulation games" and boom, JWE2 announcement.
Anyone relying on content creators for reliable news, well... I think a lot of people already commented on that :D
It's just clickbait. or just a guessing game just say 100 things and hope you got 1 or 2 correct and they can claim they were right about it.
They rely on the same info we can search for ourselves :D
Seen 1 youtuber making "This game" is dead -videos for years (every couple of months) and the game is still doing good.

Like others pointed out, fish and aviaries were never promised, as far as I remember. We, as a PZ community, assumed we would eventually get them, but none of it is confirmed or was ever promised to us from the start. Frontier promised some stuff that never happened (like the whole "each animal is an individual" thing), but this isn't one of them.

Well, as you already pointed out, so many people were prematurely speculating that the game's life cycle would end this year.
First off never believed that rumour because it's based on just assumptions but when people are talking about the end of DLC: They are talking about the calender year.

So if that assumption would be true, a last DLC in december 2021 would be in Financial Year '22. Which would still fit the actual statement "roadmap for DLC in FY22"

I hope people don't translate that statement into DLC support end on 31.05.2022 or confirmed support of DLC till 31.05.2022.

Top Bottom