Release [Explorer's Application] Captain's Log

I've created a new and tentative beta release for testing - 2.2.0 beta 1.

See my Discord for the announcement. If you've not already joined, see my sig for the invite (tl;dr, it's https://discord.gg/F7CJDTM).

There's a zipped distribution too if you wish to test without uninstalling 2.1.8b5, and I produced an installer for 2.2.0b1; the installer version has an additional fix for a couple of text item fonts in the overlay.

Changelogs:

• Updated to use PySide2 and Qt5.
  • EDSM Nightly Dump import is working again
  • Added parsing of CarrierJump to JournalParser; will be treated as a FSDJump but with no distance jumped information. (The CarrierJump journal entry does not have distance jumped or fuel used because the ship is docked in a carrier when the carrier jumps.)
  • Version updated to 2.2.0 beta 1

And the installer version;
- Changed the font for the Estimated System Value in the Overlay so that all text fits and displays properly - Tentative change to the main window in that you are able to move its position after coming out of overlay mode, by clicking and dragging the window from, for example, the right-hand pane (where planet/star info appears).

o7 CMDRs

I am probably totally missing something right in front of me, but where is the 2.2.0 beta 1 available for download? I have looked all over the site and can't find it.

EDIT: Never mind. I found the link under the News section of the discord server.

Yeah I was also very confused since I never use Discord.
o7
The new version is great and now handles UTF-8 chat characters without trouble. Only two minor things I noticed:

1. The installer defaults to c:\program files\ and there is no way to change it. I'd like to suggest a portable version without a setup program as a feature request if I may.
2. The animation of the pie chart looks really neat the first time I see it but it takes a lot of system resources on my old PC. Is there a way to disable it?

Captain's Log 2 v2.2.0 full release now available.

Download from: https://captainslog.scarygliders.net/download/captains-log-2x/
Changelogs are also available on that page when you scroll down.

Recommend uninstalling your previously installed version before installing this one - you won't lose any data.

Please submit any issues/bug reports or support requests to the Captain's Log Discord , as that's where I'm - or others - are most likely to see them.

Regards,

Genar o7

Captain's Log 2 v2.2.1 now available. Fixes some things from the 2.2.0 release.

Download from: https://captainslog.scarygliders.net/download/captains-log-2x/

2.2.1 Changelog

- [FIX] Only end the nav beacon scan processing /after/ every item in the nav beacon scan has been accounted for. - [FIX] Ensure the display of the star system's information is refreshed after a nav beacon scan. - [MISC] Tweak the Jump Table's column widths to take into account longer system names and help to prevent the horizontal scroll bar appearing. - [FIX] When selecting an ELW which had been Terraformed from the Planet Table, the icon generator supplying the Planet Info widget didn't know about such types. - Version updated to 2.2.1

Recommend uninstalling your previously installed version before installing this one - you won't lose any data.

Please submit any issues/bug reports or support requests to the Captain's Log Discord , as that's where I'm - or others - are most likely to see them.

Regards,

Genar o7

CL2 v2.2.2 is now available for download and use!

Download from here: https://captainslog.scarygliders.net/download/captains-log-2x/

If you wish to report bugs/issues, please use #full_release_bug_reports in the Captain's Log Discord. Do give that channel a quick scan upwards to see if the issue you have found has been discussed previously, before reporting, that and #known-issues.

2.2.2 Changelog

- [FIX] Add an informative message window when CL can't detect the existence of a My Pictures system folder on Windows. CL will exit cleanly, and will keep displaying this message on startup until the user has sorted out the missing My Pictures problem.

- [FIX] A bug was added to CL2 when a previous fix to check for and add a couple of missing Supergiant star types was added, resulting in brand new users ending up with a new and blank GALAXY database which only had the two supergiant star classes in its startypes table. This resulted in a crash in the DB Interface when it couldn't find any of the other star types when adding scans.

- [FIX] There was a bug in the JournalParser which couldn't handle Journal entries with Screenshot Events which had a blank FileName, which caused JournalParser to crash.

- [FIX] Ensure that the list of Player Journal files is sorted before handing it to the rest of the Journal Importer code. This ensures that the Jumps/Scans etc. data is processed in the proper order, and thus displayed in the proper order in the Jump Table.

- [MISC] updated copyright dates in the Splash and About dialogs.

- [FIX] EDSM Nightly Dump Import : Apparently, shiboken can't cope with converting a Python long integer over a certain value, which meant the code to download the EDSM nightly dump started crashing as soon as it reached a certain amount of GB in size. So work around that by passing a float version of the size instead of an integer in the custom Qt dlProgress Signal. That seems to work juuuust fine.

- Version updated to 2.2.2

Enjoy! o7

Top Bottom