Release [Explorer's Application] Captain's Log

How to export old travel databases to CL? I am using 2.1.7 ver.
Hi o7

Do you mean you wish to import old journal files to CL? There's a facility for that.

Create a new blank trip DB, highlight it, and click the import button.

Note that that'll import every single jump and scan into that one trip DB, which could take a while to import and subsequently be unwieldy to load and use afterwards, so my advice would be to have a look through the Journal files and separate your trips into batches by moving out all other journal files except the ones representing date ranges you wish to import, then move those out, move another batch in, create a new trip DB and import those, rinse, repeat.

Otherwise if that sounds too much like hard work, just import 'em all in. At the very least it'll build up the central GALAXY.db which holds all the system data.

Perhaps one of these days I will set about adding more features to the Journal import facility, but time/effort/etc....

Hope that helps o7

Hi o7

Do you mean you wish to import old journal files to CL? There's a facility for that.

Create a new blank trip DB, highlight it, and click the import button.

Note that that'll import every single jump and scan into that one trip DB, which could take a while to import and subsequently be unwieldy to load and use afterwards, so my advice would be to have a look through the Journal files and separate your trips into batches by moving out all other journal files except the ones representing date ranges you wish to import, then move those out, move another batch in, create a new trip DB and import those, rinse, repeat.

Otherwise if that sounds too much like hard work, just import 'em all in. At the very least it'll build up the central GALAXY.db which holds all the system data.

Perhaps one of these days I will set about adding more features to the Journal import facility, but time/effort/etc....

Hope that helps o7

I meant, to insert into the new version of Captain's Log the databases of my travels that were created by Captain 'Log two years ago with the old versions.

And further...
I flew here a little today, but forgot to turn on Captain's Log. In EDSM, the log has loaded, but not in Captain's Log. Loaded only into a new project / database. How to combine them now?

Aaaaand, just saw the new notice on the github page. Very happy to see this indispensable tool is still being worked on.

Seriously, Captains Log is always running, and is my primary exploration system display. I do use ED Discovery for most other things, but as far as my main information panel, Captains Log is it!

Aaaaand, just saw the new notice on the github page. Very happy to see this indispensable tool is still being worked on.

Seriously, Captains Log is always running, and is my primary exploration system display. I do use ED Discovery for most other things, but as far as my main information panel, Captains Log is it!
Thank you :)

Development's been on a bit of a pause for the past year - I had a bit of a horrendous 2019, plus I was deeply immersed in a rather big paying project (still am, truth be told) - but I don't want CL2 to completely die off. Moving the toolkit to PySide2/Qt5 is the first step towards resuming work on it.

Fly safe, CMDR o7

Top Bottom