Elite / Frontier Elite Plus

Good to see you back, I wondered if your journey was still ongoing 🙂
I'll continue. I had some anxiety troubles with inability to post anything, tho.

I forgot mention in the last post that for some reason I lost yet another tonne from my Cobra MkIII's cargo hold capacity about 150000-200000 played Credits ago. Max capacity is now 33 tonne canisters, when it should be 34t as Anti-ECM Broadcasters (reward from mission) take out one ton. At the beginning of the game your ship's default cargo hold is 20t, and it will be maxed at 35t after buying Cargo Bay Extension.

Why I lost another ton is a total mystery to me. Could maybe something to do with some unknown counter that has get to their floating point by sheer longevity of Commander's career, but I've been wondering since could it be possible to "break" the game only by playing it.

Add: Current situation with Perkele.CDR with screenshot from the file in Hex Editor. For the case if some adept code monkey want to replicate and study the file for finding some answers. The commander file is just as it is played, never edited anyway.

Attachments

• PRKL3719_Hex.png
    PRKL3719_Hex.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Why I lost another ton is a total mystery to me. Could maybe something to do with some unknown counter that has get to their floating point by sheer longevity of Commander's career, but I've been wondering since could it be possible to "break" the game only by playing it.
Now that would be a very interesting find!

I think it’d be a safe bet that you’re the only person to find that bug - even if the programmers where aware of the issue back in 1990, I’m sure they’d have thought “no one will ever play the game long enough for it to appear” 😅

Now that would be a very interesting find!

I think it’d be a safe bet that you’re the only person to find that bug - even if the programmers where aware of the issue back in 1990, I’m sure they’d have thought “no one will ever play the game long enough for it to appear” 😅
Furthermore, I am currently unable to sell ALL of my lasers. When trying to sell the last one doesn't get sold.

Indeed. Elite Plus is NOT the most tested game ever published. At this point it's pretty clear. But these kind of things make it interesting, ultimately. You never know how game behaves in the future when continuing to play it.

There are that 60K-promotion coming (soon enough) and that isn't mystery. However, what the hell were those extra 64K+ and 65K+ promotions that happened to me last time I was reaching the hit counter's floating point? Does those will occur again?

And what about tribbles? Why their population size transform from freely increasing pace to rigid one ton cargo more per one tribble more pace at population size of 39114 tribbles?

We may never know.

Fellow Commanders, how I do not exactly care.

My version was legit Pirate all the time. :7

Just about the fact that good, clear Elite guys should pick those pieces now, before the bubble bursts. ;)

Top Bottom