Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | The Road To Odyssey Part 2 - Forging Your Path

And with all the plant life which should be extensive if there is to a xenobiologist rank or whatever it is. Also the atmospheric planets had signs of mild weathering as opposed to non-atmospheric planets which have none. They look substantially better then what we already have.

Yes, I'm not suggesting the graphical upgrades are bad, suck, or are none existent.

They certainly do look good. They just don't have any real gameplay impact I suspect -which is what I care about.

As for the flora... I hope you get what you want - but I'm pretty sure it'll be very similar to brain trees, just with different models, and a new tool to "sample" them instead of composition scanning and shooting mats off with the SRV.

And that'll be it. If your expecting forests and groves you can see from orbit... I would... well I would hope you get what you want.

I hope for a lot of things in this game though. I expect none of them.

Yes, I'm not suggesting the graphical upgrades are bad, suck, or are none existent.

They certainly do look good. They just don't have any real gameplay impact I suspect -which is what I care about.

As for the flora... I hope you get what you want - but I'm pretty sure it'll be very similar to brain trees, just with different models, and a new tool to "sample" them instead of composition scanning and shooting mats off with the SRV.

And that'll be it. If your expecting forests and groves you can see from orbit... I would... well I would hope you get what you want.

I hope for a lot of things in this game though. I expect none of them.
I'm not expecting anything at the moment. I'm keeping an open mind.

As to whether the atmospheres themselves will give us extra gameplay, I doubt it. But I don't expect clouds or weather to do that either. It will still be flying, just with some turbulence.

I'm not expecting anything at the moment. I'm keeping an open mind.

As to whether the atmospheres themselves will give us extra gameplay, I doubt it. But I don't expect clouds or weather to do that either. It will still be flying, just with some turbulence.
Turbulence, impact on ship's heat... Fingers crossed flying over Odyssey's atmospherics will somehow differ from airless. But I won't bet anything on that.

The main thing I like about this game is just controlling my ship in flight, I have enjoyed thousands of hours mostly just from how that feels, if they add atmospheric flight it would extend that enjoyment no end.. would absolutely love it!

I believe - and I could be wrong - the only mention of clouds or weather at all from fdev has been in response to a question in one of the games websites asking about storms etc, the response said something like no aggressive weather like that, as tenuous atmospheres.

Tenuous atmospheres can however have clouds, we will just have to wait and see if fdev include them or keep that for later.

Turbulence, impact on ship's heat... Fingers crossed flying over Odyssey's atmospherics will somehow differ from airless. But I won't bet anything on that.
We already have that with non-atmospheric planets. Flying in gravity is different to flying in zero G. It's not what I would call extra gameplay, it's the same gameplay we already have but in a different place.

:unsure: I mean, MS Flight Sim 2020 has by far the most complex and realistic cloud generation seen thus far in games, with real time weather simulation to boot. If they can get it looking like it does in that game, it would be great. 👌
I just wonder how realistic will the generator be for a stellar body some thousand light years away from earth with so many variables in play... It sounds like Your expectations are a bit off my friend :) no disrespect or anything of course :) o7

Edit: unless we want to feel like we are on earth whatever planet we visit then fine but then... whats the point really :)

Last edited:
Why there are no news about Odyssey? This is it, two parts about new DLC and nothing more? It's a little dissapointed that there are no any Alpha presents or any new details. We have December if you didn't presented anything about Odyssey yet, "early 2021" looks rather like Q3 or early Q4 2021 :-/

We seen not much few screens and short captures from new BIG DLC.
You (FD) focused on balacing the game but who care while new DLC will broke more things anyways. This is normal and we seen bugs happens every new big update is released.

Why there are no news about Odyssey? This is it, two parts about new DLC and nothing more? It's a little dissapointed that there are no any Alpha presents or any new details. We have December if you didn't presented anything about Odyssey yet, "early 2021" looks rather like Q3 or early Q4 2021 :-/

We seen not much few screens and short captures from new BIG DLC.
You (FD) focused on balacing the game but who care while new DLC will broke more things anyways. This is normal and we seen bugs happens every new big update is released.
Somebody forgot to have their sneakers...

Devs said due to covid lockdown in Uk (I assume You are from outside of the island) they have to delay it because they are unable to shoot some sequences that would require braking the lockdown rules.

Balancing of the game is needed desperatly cus its becoming a freaking mining simulator due to profits... don't get me started on that.

As per new bugs... well what u expect, its like half of the game is been added in one go. Show me a game that did not brake stuff with their own updates. All publishers that release a bigish DLC release a wave of patches within first week or two. You can't expect a team even as big as 100 devs to possibly test EVERY potentially braking scenario as well as all the players will.

😊

Last edited:
Well sorry mate but its looks like you play ED half a year and dont know how thing goes in past.

Meanwhile I know that they are locked down but this doesent mean they stopped developing a game and sit at home and do nothing. This is not a explanation why we do not have any new info about Odyssey.

Balacing bounty vochers that can be broken by PVP with space legs is nothing but showing that they do something and feed community to distract from what is going on with Odyssey.

I also work from home in IT area and believe me we have delays but that doesnt mean I do nothing and we do not release any new updates or new version of software. Investors invest money and want see profits and clients have their needs with deadlines from their clients and so on...

With your pointy od view we can explain anyone becouse present situation with COVID. For sure lot of companies stop working but not IT sector.

Top Bottom