ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | The Road to Odyssey - Mission Playthrough

Don't be naive like I've been. Every time I book time off for a release I waste it because it takes like half a day to download and about three to wait for the critical bugs to be patched:)
Lol, yeah I agree! I have been there for all the Alpha's so far, I doubt this one will be any different.

If I was just taking one day off then it would be the 30th, but as I need to take 10 days holiday then I am going to book off the entire week.

That gives me plenty of time to test the Alpha's bugs, which is funny as bug testing is what I do for a living. ;)

Well, they looked like they teamed up, stormed a building. That’d be great with your mates, planning your attack over comms, in single player, you’d have to rely on NPCs.
Well, they looked like they teamed up, stormed a building. That’d be great with your mates, planning your attack over comms, in single player, you’d have to rely on NPCs.

"Or youself." commented Angus, the moody loner. :)

It's 2021, GPUs have become much more powerful since 2014. I hope FDev give us more graphic options beside just increasing the resolution. Higher LoD levels and view distance to reduce pop-in and noticing LoD changes etc.

It's 2021, GPUs have become much more powerful since 2014. I hope FDev give us more graphic options beside just increasing the resolution. Higher LoD levels and view distance to reduce pop-in and noticing LoD changes etc.
Right, it is possible I will buy 2021 GPU in 2025 :D No rush here.
It is very likely GTX 1060 will remain mass for long yet, as miners/re-sellers etc.

You really are a bundle of joy, aren't you?
well, it seems that 16 people like to see you throwing ad-hominem instead of making an argument. apart from eloquently illustrating how tribal relations work in forums, it should be quite telling that you'd rather prefer to talk about me than about your long awaited "expansion"... i can relate. enjoy! :ROFLMAO:

I don't want to judge this trailer because I'm genuinely not interested in this kind of gameplay. But how about a trailer of a lone explorer in Odyssey now? I have plenty of visions in my head, but now I would like to know if Odyssey can also deliver.

Man, this needs lots of work before being ready for release.

The graphics look dated, floating models and hardly anything in the way of AI.
Gravity seems inconsequential, but that might be due to the lack of jumps shown.
I saw one jump as they were fleeing the complex - it looked like it was longer than "normal" due to gravity. We'll see in the alpha.

I big heartfelt thanks to the Devs, QA and Cms who made this happen.
Its tough to show unfinished gameplay at the best of times, to do it during Covid is very brave.
I'm really looking forward to the Alpha and seeing this all come together over the next few months.
I'm sure it won't be all smooth sailing and the community will be very vocal about what they are seeing.
All in all this is why I love ED so much, the passion and hard work put iin to this amazing game.
I wish I could show this to myself in 1984 I would have been truly amazed :)

Top Bottom