Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Mission Q&A - Recap

This was a game changing stream, and has expanded our universe exponentially!! Excellent work all around, and huge love to Gareth for taking the time to share all of this info on his birthday.

Can. Not. Wait!!!

Just one question though... Hand cannons? Plz? 😄
I was let down by th e stream, but this Q&A has restored quite a bit of faith. I'll be waiting for peoples reactiona to the Alpha to see if I'll preorder

As one does...

ETA: I have yet to become cynical over the developers of a game that has kept me playing happily for almost 4 years - give me time ;)
It doesn't necessarily ever have to come to that. It's 6 years for me and I wouldn't call myself cynical. I have lowered my expectations over the years considerably tho. Basically, if Frontier haven't mentioned it then generally there's a good chance it's not happening in the near future. So I'm not expecting new SRVs or better bookmarks or any kind of new glide mini-game for tenuous atmos' approaches. But I accept these flaws like I accept the flaws of an old friend. Unlikely to ever change but I can see past them and still enjoy Elite: Dangerous for the fabulous video game that it is.

It doesn't necessarily ever have to come to that. It's 6 years for me and I wouldn't call myself cynical. I have lowered my expectations over the years considerably tho. Basically, if Frontier haven't mentioned it then generally there's a good chance it's not happening in the near future. So I'm not expecting new SRVs or better bookmarks or any kind of new glide mini-game for tenuous atmos' approaches. But I accept these flaws like I accept the flaws of an old friend. Unlikely to ever change but I can see past them and still enjoy Elite: Dangerous for the fabulous video game that it is.
The only things I expect from Odyssey is the things we have either been told about or already seen - just hoping that the 'old build' it was shown on is exactly that and the enthusiasm for the 'current' build isn't just hype...

I just don't see the point of insisting that a developer has less understanding of their own game than the players:
"Who else could have more understanding of the game mechanics than those that have been around longer than most of the present active players and the current active developers themselves?"

Hence my comment...

Hey, everyone out there! I have a few questions. Would you mind it answering?
1. Will shadows of the ground and structures, give any advantages to player, to survive in heat, shadow from ship as well?
2. Will game provide temperature in сelsius?

P.S. Sorry for my eng.

I was let down by th e stream, but this Q&A has restored quite a bit of faith. I'll be waiting for peoples reactiona to the Alpha to see if I'll preorder
This Q&A is almost verbatim a transcript from the stream.
Lol. This Q&A is literally a condensed transcript of the topics discussed DURING the stream.

Interesting that the thing that disappointed you was the thing that restored your faith?

Hey, everyone out there! I have a few questions. Would you mind it answering?
1. Will shadows of the ground and structures, give any advantages to player, to survive in heat, shadow from ship as well?
2. Will game provide temperature in сelsius?

P.S. Sorry for my eng.
1 yes, it's been shown already the temp drops in shadow.
2 probably not, but kelvin to celcius is a very easy conversion (k -273 = c)

Top Bottom