ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Your point being that if Frontier allowed us to move around inside our ships that they would do a bad and boring implementation of it? Well OK yeah touche` I don't want a bad and boring implementation I want something good. The assumption that they will do a bad job isn't much of a reason to reject interiors in particular, though I guess it's a good reason to not want them to do anything. Unless you think that Frontier are uniquely incompetent in this one particular area, I guess?
Dont get me wrong, I'd love to be able to wander inside my ships, even if just for the sake of it. Though for me it's a less important priority than being able to get access to more planets and doing things outside.

Its also more complex to bring interesting and varied spaceleg content inside the ship than outside, many pitfalls like boredom, do once or twice then never again, waste of time like long walks for nothing more than exit a ship etc... First and foremost it shouldn't bring more hassle to current mechanics, it should focus on other things than what can be done through the ship interface or the pressing on a button.

For me it'd make sense if it goes far beyond solely visiting our ships: it should bring EVA, boarding other ships, exploring wreckages, etc... and basically what brings Odyssey is basically the foundations so they can build proper gamedesign for interiors upon.

so far I am impressed with how it's set up for controllers

Having an implementation of motion sensor for headlook but missing the obvious, no-brainer low hanging fruit of making it also mappable to ship roll/pitch/yaw? Analog half-axis inputs (R2/L2)? Sensitivity adjustment and/or curves, anything besides deadzone really (which is just a mitigation for faulty hardware)?

There are many missed opportunities to make controller gameplay much much better. It takes some serious squinting to look at ED controller setup and call it impressive.

Merry Christmas to all of you... 🎄

Don't know if it's already answered somewhere, I can't find any...

Is there already a date announced for the alpha access?

Thanks.

Thanks to a surprise gift from my sister-in-law, both my wife and I were able to afford to pre-order our copies of Odyssey. Having been jobless thanks to COVID since March, and having less than zero money for stuff like this (yay for needing to put a 2nd hand car on a credit card when our car literally ing died. Yes, really) we figured this year was going to be pretty . So having this to look forward to has really cheered us both up. We can't wait to go out together, bounding around on planets and taking pictures!

I have another unanswerable question (my wife says it’s my most endearing feature), about low atmosphere landable planets. Do we think that these will be new landable planets, or will they be existing bodies (ones we may have already visited) that will have been modified by Stellar Forge?
Saw video, guy wrote down all systems/planets from their promotion spoilers, then checked what we have in-game there. Those are all planets with like 0.1 -0.5 atm. pressure there AND currently do not have "blue circle".

If I bought the game from Frontier shop, can I buy Odyssey on Steam and still install it?
Steam says you need to have base game on Steam to play Odyssey.

In case anybody is interested I installed a AMD 5900X in my computer and I have never seen such smooth game play. They are expensive but worth it.

Thanks to a surprise gift from my sister-in-law, both my wife and I were able to afford to pre-order our copies of Odyssey. Having been jobless thanks to COVID since March, and having less than zero money for stuff like this (yay for needing to put a 2nd hand car on a credit card when our car literally gently caressing died. Yes, really) we figured this year was going to be pretty poopoo. So having this to look forward to has really cheered us both up. We can't wait to go out together, bounding around on planets and taking pictures!
You could have used it to pay your credit card and waited until the actual release before purchasing as your circumstances may have changed by then, I hope.
It's horrible that you have both been out of work this year due to the ridiculousness that is Covid.
Pug

You could have used it to pay your credit card and waited until the actual release before purchasing as your circumstances may have changed by then, I hope.
It's horrible that you have both been out of work this year due to the ridiculousness that is Covid.
Pug
Faced with the uncertainty of 2021, they preferred to secure Odyssey. ;)

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Pug
Top Bottom