Dammit .... Was looking forward to this and work is likely to get in the way!!
I have a question about flight stick compatibility for odyssey playability. Or will I have to completely configure a controller for to separate the to?Greetings Commanders!
We're just days away from the launch of the Odyssey alpha on March 29! The alpha is going to be an incredibly important tool in shaping Odyssey based on your feedback, and to make sure we gather data and test efficiently, we'll be splitting the alpha into phases as pictured below.
PHASE ONE: FIRST STEPS
- New Commander issued for every participant
- In a single star system to maximise player interaction
- Remlok Maverick scavenger suit available for purchase
- Access to Takada and Kinematic weapon sets
- Apex Interstellar available for player travel
- Variety of activities available including salvage and collect /delivery missions.
PHASE TWO: COMBAT
- Open up 20LY of space for travel
- Players can now purchase ships
- Manticore Dominator combat suit available for purchase
- Faction conflicts will be enabled
- Frontline Solutions available
- Missions for neighbouring systems available, including trading with settlements and POIs
PHASE THREE: EXPLORATION
- Increase playable ‘bubble’ to 50LY
- Includes unexplored planets, allowing for First Footfall experience
- Supratech Artemis explorer suit available for purchase
- Players can analyse organics with the Genetic Sampler tool
PHASE FOUR: COMPATABILITY
- Snapshot of players’ Commanders added to ALPHA
- Carriers, ships, fighters and SRVs can be used
We'll be sharing more details on tonight's stream (7PM UTC - 25th March 2021) so make sure to tune in at twitch.tv/elitedangerous or the Elite Dangerous YouTube channel.
Buckle up, Commanders, we're on the home straight!
My computer is nearly eight years old, and it's still above the recommended specs for Odyssey.I was under the impression the specs they posted were pretty basic - i mean, even my mums office pc could run it..... so could my 'struggles to run microsoft word' 10 year old laptop, tbh!
I literally bought a new desktop AND a laptop (so I can play it when I'm not at home) to play Elite (along with proper furniture, hootas, portable joystick, pad, pedals, Oculus Rift and so forth). And I'll buy another computer if needed, lol.You may
I'm alright, both my laptop and PC exceed the pretty basic "unoptimised code" specs posted.
Sorry it will be so tough for you, though
Oh, I won't need another PC for a few weeks yet...I literally bought a new desktop AND a laptop (so I can play it when I'm not at home) to play Elite (along with proper furniture, hootas, portable joystick, pad, pedals and so forth). And I'll buy another computer if needed, lol.
This is why I feel authorised to complain so much.
I bought pedals so I can use feets to accelerate/brake but then I figured out people kick things when they are panicking, so now my pedals are assigned to shield battery and heat sink. It does wonders.Oh, I won't need another PC for a few weeks yet...
But it is used for other games both flat and VR, as is the laptop.
But, sounds like you have given yourself a treat there
One of these days I'll stop flying like a beginner - I bought the Warthog HOTAS and a set of pedals... Pedals are amazing! Sadly my brain forgets to straighten up most of the time..