Release Elite Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Hi and many thanks for this great tool (y)

NB: Of course 4.1.5 or earlier is going to hang during shutdown (if you have 'Send flight log and Cmdr status to EDSM' active) when upgrading from it to 4.1.6 whilst EDSM is down.

You'll just need to

1. wait for the install to otherwise finish
  2. close the popup from 4.1.6 saying "An EDMarketConnector.exe process was already running, exiting."
  3. force-kill the old process (just clicking on the window and waiting for Windows to ask if you want to close it, and doing so, is enough).
  4. Re-run EDMarketConnector.exe
I don't know what I missed but it seems EDMC uninstalled without updating so I could not "re-run" it at the end. I downloaded the last version, launched the msi, a quick progression bar appears ... then nothing ( I don't remember if I tried to run EDMC at this moment ). I rebooted the PC and now all is working ( with edsm and inara API key still there ).

Again, thanks for this great tool (y)

Hi, great tool which I use in conjunction with the Canonn plugin.

I've just updated to the latest version and can no longer resize the window, is this intended?

Hi, great tool which I use in conjunction with the Canonn plugin.

I've just updated to the latest version and can no longer resize the window, is this intended?
Are you using other than the Default theme? Only it has the 'handles' for resizing the width. Height is always determined by the default UI plus whatever plugins add. There's an issue open for trying to fix the other two themes.

Are you using other than the Default theme? Only it has the 'handles' for resizing the width. Height is always determined by the default UI plus whatever plugins add. There's an issue open for trying to fix the other two themes.
That was it, thanks for the quick reply.

I use the Dark theme but hadn't noticed the absence of the handles as I set the size I wanted long before I switched. Only became apparent after the update as it reverted back to the smaller size.

I have a couple of questions regarding the use of EDMC, which is an awesome tool, thank you, whilst EDSM is down for maintenance.

I have the option 'Send flight log and CMDR status to EDSM' enabled and I assume that feature will not work whilst EDSM is down. Should I not run EDMC whilst EDSM is down or should I continue running it whilst playing Elite?

When EDSM comes back online will EDMC send the un-sent journals/logs to EDSM or will I have to manually upload the Journals to EDSM (I believe there is an option to drag/drop Journals to the website).

Many thanks.

I have the option 'Send flight log and CMDR status to EDSM' enabled and I assume that feature will not work whilst EDSM is down. Should I not run EDMC whilst EDSM is down or should I continue running it whilst playing Elite?
There's no harm in running EDMC whilst EDSM is down. Just the caveat with what we fixed in 4.1.6.
When EDSM comes back online will EDMC send the un-sent journals/logs to EDSM or will I have to manually upload the Journals to EDSM (I believe there is an option to drag/drop Journals to the website).
No, EDMC does no processing of past data for sending to other sites. The only thing it does at startup is run through the latest Journal file in order to get some internal state set up to continue on from that point in real-time. You should utilise the EDSM option to upload Journals to fill in the gap.

There's no harm in running EDMC whilst EDSM is down. Just the caveat with what we fixed in 4.1.6.

No, EDMC does no processing of past data for sending to other sites. The only thing it does at startup is run through the latest Journal file in order to get some internal state set up to continue on from that point in real-time. You should utilise the EDSM option to upload Journals to fill in the gap.
Thanks, that's very useful to know. (y)

Top Bottom