Release Elite Dangerous HUD Mod (EDHM)

2021-06-20_00h26_21.jpg

Hi CMDRs, the Odyssey update is on hold until FDev stop changing the shaders. For those who are familiar with the modding software 3Dmigoto, it's not just the hashes of the main shaders that change - which would only require about 30 mins to update - but the internal shader code and addresses of all the textures and buffers change as well. So rather than waste many hours I'll wait until the patches no longer reset the shaders

In the meantime, please enjoy the Horizons version as that's still working as before

Hey, thanks for the explanation :)

As a programmer (though far away from this kind of stuffs) i'm curious about this: do they change everything each time? Or perhaps some remains the same (as example, space dust) and other changes? In the former case, is done 'cause when a new build is ... built, the compiler re-address everything, or is 'cause the devs actually changes that in the code?

Hey, thanks for the explanation :)

As a programmer (though far away from this kind of stuffs) i'm curious about this: do they change everything each time? Or perhaps some remains the same (as example, space dust) and other changes? In the former case, is done 'cause when a new build is ... built, the compiler re-address everything, or is 'cause the devs actually changes that in the code?

In the last update they changed the shader and sub-shader addresses for everything except the multi-colour shield and text colour shaders

Space dust and all those accessories changed, but @NateSomers found the new addresses. If anyone wants to turn them off then please ask Nate and he might post his code here

There were changes in the actual shader code between horizons / alpha / and odyssey, but I haven't checked the code in this latest patch as I was a bit grumpy all my Odyssey beta work went to waste. But with the next patch I'll start again

Soooo, I am having an issue with the EDHM Hud Mod Tool. I am having a problem with setting a path to the game. I can't just copy and paste, not allowed, it forces you to use a path directory system only and appdata is not readable by the program. I am sure this issue has been brought up someplace in the 39+ pages of this thread, but was really hoping somebody could save me a lot of time and toss me the work-around for this?

Edit: After playing around with it a bit, I found the way to do this. If you click the icon on the far right end of the Path box after clicking menu\mod\set_games-path, you get a box that pops up. Click Text Filters, and paste the path there and close it out. Hit save and that's it. Restart the program and all should be well. I'll let you know if there was more to it than that, but so far so good.

Last edited:
Soooo, I am having an issue with the EDHM Hud Mod Tool. I am having a problem with setting a path to the game. I can't just copy and paste, not allowed, it forces you to use a path directory system only and appdata is not readable by the program. I am sure this issue has been brought up someplace in the 39+ pages of this thread, but was really hoping somebody could save me a lot of time and toss me the work-around for this?
That is very odd, I have the Steam version so the game is installed in a sub-dir of the Steam installation, which is where I had to place the EDHM files, which is no where near where appdata points to.

Which version of the game do you have?
  • Steam
  • Epic
  • Direct from Frontier
  • something completely different
out of curiosity and for science obviously ;)

That is very odd, I have the Steam version so the game is installed in a sub-dir of the Steam installation, which is where I had to place the EDHM files, which is no where near where appdata points to.

Which version of the game do you have?
  • Steam
  • Epic
  • Direct from Frontier
  • something completely different
out of curiosity and for science obviously ;)
Direct from Frontier. I finally got passd that, but now I am hitting a road block where if I try tocreate a new theme or add the theme, it tells me that I have to open the d3dx.ini file. However, when I look at that file, it specifically warns you not to alter it as it may cause a bug in the program, lol. Also, i don't know if I should open that file in the editor tool, the actual program or the game files themselves. This is one of the more confusing mods I have installed in a game, heh. Challenging though.

Top Bottom