Release Elite Dangerous HUD Mod (EDHM)

This will be the must have when done!
Maybe try to do a kind of hue editor?

with it it may be easier to change details, why not with an html/css interface, and adjust each element this way?
you could get this kind of design:
View attachment 235261

NB:before I forget, could you add red/orange color to heat signature on next build?

Maybe try to do a kind of hue editor?

Yeah that would be ideal, but there's an issue that makes this not feasible. The colour channels within each element don't follow a linear relationship between between input value and colour output value. Instead they are exponential relationships with most of the activity occurring at the low end of the inputs (for example, 0.05 input = red 128, 0.2 input = red 150, 0.8 input = 175 red)

And that would be fine if the parameters of the exponential relationships were constant, we could apply some sort of log transform to make them linear .. but unfortunately the parameters, floor levels, and ceiling levels differ for every colour channel in every element .. no two are the same. So we can't create a hue selection tool with any degree of accuracy. I tried mapping out a calibration table for a few elements so we might be able to estimate the exponential relationships, but it takes a very long time just to create one table (about 3 hours), and then multiply that by about 50 elements.

As an added layer of complexity, many elements have interlinked colour channels .. especially with the green channel. So as we bring green up the red and blue will also increase, but bringing up red and blue doesn't affect green. So even making an accurate calibration table is pretty much impossible.

So we'll need to look at other solutions, and please let me know if you have any ideas!

NB:before I forget, could you add red/orange color to heat signature on next build?

I'm not adding anything new to the Odyssey mod restoration as configuring colours takes a long time for the reasons outlined above, but you'll be able to do that yourself in the Advanced version. I'll be happy to help you with all of that once it gets going

Yeah that would be ideal, but there's an issue that makes this not feasible. The color channels within each element don't follow a linear relationship between between input value and color output value. Instead they are exponential relationships with most of the activity occurring at the low end of the inputs (for example, 0.05 input = red 128, 0.2 input = red 150, 0.8 input = 175 red)

And that would be fine if the parameters of the exponential relationships were constant, we could apply some sort of log transform to make them linear .. but unfortunately the parameters, floor levels, and ceiling levels differ for every color channel in every element .. no two are the same. So we can't create a hue selection tool with any degree of accuracy. I tried mapping out a calibration table for a few elements so we might be able to estimate the exponential relationships, but it takes a very long time just to create one table (about 3 hours), and then multiply that by about 50 elements.

As an added layer of complexity, many elements have interlinked color channels .. especially with the green channel. So as we bring green up the red and blue will also increase, but bringing up red and blue doesn't affect green. So even making an accurate calibration table is pretty much impossible.
Gosh why did they do that ... I get it, this is a real mess, and you're really brave to manage all of this !

So we'll need to look at other solutions, and please let me know if you have any ideas!
I will for sure!
oh and BTW, i've noticed a little glitch in the Horizon version (I know it won't be resolved, but in case it was ported to Odyssey) when you chose "Ambiant Cabin Light" at "Bi-color Blue-Pink" this color will be set on player vision, and not on the light itself, meaning when I turn to left or right, the colors will stay as if I had Bi-color glasses ; a little weird.
I'm not adding anything new to the Odyssey mod restoration as configuring colors takes a long time for the reasons outlined above, but you'll be able to do that yourself in the Advanced version. I'll be happy to help you with all of that once it gets going
As I said, I know that, all I was commenting was for future version, as the signature bar has only this :
Signature Bar
No Preference
001-EDHM Blue-Pink
002-Yellow
003-Light Blue
004-Green
005-Purple
006-Purple-yellow
007-White-green
008-White-blue
009-Pink
010-White-mauve
199-XML

I was hoping for a red ish kind :)

EDHM v2.0 closed beta (front HUD) is currently progressing well. Bugs have been identified and are currently being squished

Here's a before and after for the Imp Courier

beta1-before.jpg

beta1-after.jpg

I'm not adding anything new to the Odyssey mod restoration as configuring colors takes a long time for the reasons outlined above, but you'll be able to do that yourself in the Advanced version. I'll be happy to help you with all of that once it gets going
I was hoping for a red ish kind :)
After re-reading, I feel dumb as I get it now, yea sorry, misread that >_>

Do you have any idea how long it would take to make the Advanced version?

Oh, and I would suggest (yea I know this may be complex, please forgive me) if you could make it bicolor and tricolor choices for shields & power ticks.

Once again thank you for your hard work !

Edit : Do you have any idea of the % of resource increase demande this mods adds? As on Horizon i do loose 3/4 average fps, on a global of 60 it's ok, but Odyssey does run between 10 and 35 fps (yea this is horrible, the lack of culling is killing) 3/4 fps will be more than unplayable again ...

After re-reading, I feel dumb as I get it now, yea sorry, misread that >_>

Oh, and I would suggest (yea I know this may be complex, please forgive me) if you could make it bicolor and tricolor choices for shields & power ticks.

Once again thank you for your hard work !

Edit : Do you have any idea of the % of resource increase demande this mods adds? As on Horizon i do loose 3/4 average fps, on a global of 60 it's ok, but Odyssey does run between 10 and 35 fps (yea this is horrible, the lack of culling is killing) 3/4 fps will be more than unplayable again ...

We're beta testing the front HUD of the normal version at the moment. I haven't started on the Advanced version so it's hard to estimate how difficult it will be to completely separate all the elements. I'll have a better idea once this beta is finished

if you could make it bicolor and tricolor choices for shields & power ticks

Yeah you'll be able to colour each of the shield rings and each 1/3 segment of the distributor

Do you have any idea of the % of resource increase demande this mods adds?

In general, most people report a 10% FPS drop. But it really varies according to hardware and the processes running in the background. I run an Autohotkey script to kill all background processes that aren't important for Elite to be running, and I get around 10% FPS drop.

In the Odyssey beta I'm only dropping about 5%, but a few others are getting significantly more, so it's hard to predict. But closing all overlays and that sort of thing is highly recommended

Also, in Graphics options, try not using V-Sync and no upper FPS limit. With these settings off I find it rarely drops below 60

where to find this autohotkey script to kill background porcesses they are not used for elite ????? exist there a download for it ????

Hi, attached is the one I use, but you'll need to go into task manager and replace my process names with the processes on your system

In my version, F1 triggers the script but you can change the keybind to anything you want. I also exit the script before starting Elite

Attachments

• Kill-processes.zip
    556 bytes · Views: 28
this ahk will not work for me, i cant handle or use it. thx for the offerd help-. but double click on the icon want work. i do not know how to handle auto key stuff

You could google debloat scripts for Win 10 but they are for people not afraid to mess around with their OS. Often the gains are small. I get the same functionality with an app that came with my mouse and tbh it makes minimal difference on my high end system. YMMV.

Hi, attached is the one I use, but you'll need to go into task manager and replace my process names with the processes on your system

In my version, F1 triggers the script but you can change the keybind to anything you want. I also exit the script before starting Elite
Just a question for this, it's for Windows 10 right?
I mean these programs you're killing are most of them useless even when not playing?

i think the script is for win 10. and windows has since windows 7 , useless processes in the background, because. windows is a software not hardware thats comes from ram. ( look amiga 500 , i know old engine, but the system was a hardware ) i think thats why windows has so many processes in the background. and i cant say what is a useless processes in the back from win 10. but that will lead to far and will be off topic. and has nothing todo with the the hud mod.

so the script will not make big speed after all. or from 50 to 70 fps .????? when i have it understand right

Last edited:
Well to lighten windows 10, I work in IT and we use this kind of commands on new computers :
in Powershell admin (obviously)
Code:
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.BioEnrollment* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Bing* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.CommsPhone* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.People* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Getstarted* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Messaging* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsFeedback* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Advertising* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.OneConnect* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Xbox* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *ContactSupport* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*BioEnrollment*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*Bing*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*CommsPhone*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "Microsoft.People*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*Getstarted*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "Microsoft.Messaging*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*ContentDeliveryManager*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*WindowsFeedback*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*MicrosoftOfficeHub*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*Advertising*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*OneConnect*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*Xbox*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*ContactSupport*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *Duolingo-* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *EclipseManager* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *AdobePhotoshopExpress* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *FitbitCoach* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*Duolingo*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*Twitter*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*EclipseManager*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*AdobePhotoshopExpress*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*FitbitCoach*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *MicrosoftSolitaire* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *Minecraft* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *plan*mobile* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *Cooking*Fever* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *MarchofEmpires | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *Disney* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *HiddenCity* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *Dragon*Mania* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WorldofTanks* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *RoyalRevolt* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *BubbleWitch* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *CandyCrush* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*MicrosoftSolitaire*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*Minecraft*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*Asphalt*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*Cooking*Fever*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*MarchofEmpires*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*Disney*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*HiddenCity*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*Dragon*Mania*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*WorldofTanks*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*RoyalRevolt*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*BubbleWitch*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*CandyCrush*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*flaregamesGmbH*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*king.com*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*NORDCURRENT*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

it removes all the said apps (demos, games (you have to pay anyway), ads, and more ...) and prevent any further reinstallations of these apps (automatically)

i am in trouble, the target cross(yellow circle) is now black. not orange. i have amd ryzen 5 and nividia card 1050 ti , so is the grafic card the trouble maker or the amd cpu (chipset)

Well to lighten windows 10, I work in IT and we use this kind of commands on new computers :

it removes all the said apps (demos, games (you have to pay anyway), ads, and more ...) and prevent any further reinstallations of these apps (automatically)
You.

This.

Yer a F*n TREASURE!

Let me check that against my Ansible playbook where do I almost the same.
I wanna see whether I missed anything :LOL:

Top Bottom