Release Elite Dangerous HUD Mod (EDHM)

I've also attached a video that shows major pixel problems when on foot looking out window. I made this with bloom off, and showed with F1 held and unheld (to show the coloration changes).

Ahh it's ok, I don't need any more reports about the issue with AMD cards. I think there's a fundamental incompatibility with the instruction set in the shaders and what AMD cards are expecting. I'm working on a re-structure of the shaders and will post them here when they're ready to test

Odyssey In-flight Lighting and Skybox Tool (Beta 2)

Many AMD gfx card users are reporting problems with these lighting shaders. The modding software is having trouble extracting some of them correctly so I have to hand code in shader assembly, and I think Nvidia is more forgiving than AMD

Anyway, I've tried to restructure the code for another try .. never give up! :)

Download from EDHM GitHub

See the previous post for info

In Beta 2 I've added extra RGB colour controls for the SkyBox

Please note, out of the box the brightness settings are on maximum, turn them down in Custom.ini (in the EDHM-ini folder), F11 to reload in-game

If the core is blown out, try a different mode, turn down the core brightness, experiment with the colours, there's a lot you can do to make it look nice on your system

Here's the default brightness

Default-Beta2.jpg

In Horizons you could make the core blue with a graphicsconfiguration.xml tweak, so I've added a similar effect option in Beta2

Blue-core.jpg

If you have an AMD card and it's not working .. no need to post pictures showing the bugs as I'm aware of them now. It may just be the Skybox shader causing issues as it was the most difficult to extract, and in that case delete afcd950ead4ecd33-ps.txt from the ShaderFixes folder

Ok, good luck :)

o7

PS. Nvidia cards shouldn't have any problems

Just an update, without the Skybox shader, the pink colour is gone. I am also not getting the green haze, even with bloom turned on. Thank you for the work on this, the UI is now working great, just wish I can see how the Skybox actually looks like, I really do miss actually seeing planets!

Thank you!!! I installed Beta2 and it worked great until I attempted to adjust the setting for the blue core effect and got a bunch of warnings and a black screen if not holding F1. I ended uninstalling and reinstalling to fix my screw up

Attachments

• skybox error.jpg
    skybox error.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 26
Thank you!!! I installed Beta2 and it worked great until I attempted to adjust the setting for the blue core effect and got a bunch of warnings and a black screen if not holding F1. I ended uninstalling and reinstalling to fix my screw up

Hiya, that means either your Custom.ini file was corrupted, or your d3dx.ini file. While you were editing the values in Custom.ini, if you accidentally delete some of the lines then it will pop up errors like that. I've done that many times and had to restore my ini files

It's also possible to get these sorts of errors if you try to uninstall the mod while Elite is running .. if that ever happens just make sure Elite is closed, grab the uninstall.bat file from the zip, and run it again in the folder you installed the mod, and it will clean up any mod files

Anyways, the errors look more scary than they actually are :) it just means the mod couldn't find particular values in a file

Nice job!

will you add an #RGB like info for all elements here? or like previous pre-selected?
would be nice to get some #RGB direclt in the ini files, as the xyz are really confusing.

Nice job!

will you add an #RGB like info for all elements here? or like previous pre-selected?
would be nice to get some #RGB direclt in the ini files, as the xyz are really confusing.

I'm working on restoring the mod from Horizons, but the Advanced version will have RGB controls in the ini so you can set the colour of every element. However, it takes a long time to get a precise colour because the colour channels aren't linear, so the advanced version will really be for modding enthusiasts who would like to spend a few hours getting their colours just right

I'm working on restoring the mod from Horizons
I know that, and you're doing real good work from what I see, I really would endorse you get to work with Fdevs and even get payed for this !
Maybe you should apply to their team? :cool:

the Advanced version will have RGB controls in the ini so you can set the colour of every element. However, it takes a long time to get a precise colour because the colour channels aren't linear, so the advanced version will really be for modding enthusiasts who would like to spend a few hours getting their colours just right
This will be the must have when done!
Maybe try to do a kind of hue editor?
with it it may be easier to change details, why not with an html/css interface, and adjust each element this way?
you could get this kind of design:
Front-HUD-demo.png

NB:before I forget, could you add red/orange color to heat signature on next build?

Top Bottom