Release Elite Dangerous HUD Mod (EDHM)

I finally figured out what was wrong, it was saying I was installing under the ED64 folder in the Steam install but in reality I wasn't, I had to go to my Steam page, and browse local files to click on the actual ED64 folder to install EDHM (made sure to uninstall it from the other ED64 folder). I was doing it via File Explorer.
How I knew it worked because of this, text being a different shade of white

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    237.4 KB · Views: 50
I finally figured out what was wrong, it was saying I was installing under the ED64 folder in the Steam install but in reality I wasn't, I had to go to my Steam page, and browse local files to click on the actual ED64 folder to install EDHM (made sure to uninstall it from the other ED64 folder). I was doing it via File Explorer.
Glad you got it working. :D

For some reason the key I used for screenshots on Steam, which is F4, doesn't work anymore, even with Essential-keybinds enabled.

For some reason the key I used for screenshots on Steam, which is F4, doesn't work anymore, even with Essential-keybinds enabled.
The reason is mentioned in the manual on page 2.
I think steam overlay doesnt work with the mod. I use EDDiscovery for taking screenshots instead.
I just use Elite Dangerous to take my screenshots while using the mod ... F10 for a normal screenshot and ALT + F10 for the high res version.

Trying out the latest EDHM v1.51. I just wonder how do I get back the peoples face avatar instead of black frames in the mission board??

Kind regards
/e33et

Trying out the latest EDHM v1.51. I just wonder how do I get back the peoples face avatar instead of black frames in the mission board??

Kind regards
/e33et
Without knowing your setup. Try;
SHIFT F1 disables the mod. A second press disables the mod on the panels but not the HUD.A third press restores the mod to both the panels and the HUD.

Without knowing your setup. Try;
SHIFT F1 disables the mod. A second press disables the mod on the panels but not the HUD.A third press restores the mod to both the panels and the HUD.

Hmm, do u mean which ED game I use, I've got Horizons! if it was that u asked for?

I was thinking more of which XML file you were using.
Shift F1, should work until GeorjCostanza gets back online.

Okey will try that but I think it would be nice if the mod doesn't vanish the avatar face, but that's my opinon!

Okey will try that but I think it would be nice if the mod doesn't vanish the avatar face, but that's my opinon!

I've never heard of that before, the portraits always show in the mod. So there must be something interfering with the correct loading of the shaders.

Firstly, just need to check you downloaded the mod from the github, and not a beta version someone might have given you:

Second, did you read the installation section of the manual and follow all the advice there?

Third, turn off all overlays (Steam, Discord, Geforce experience, etc) as the modding software can be sensitive to overlays on rare occasions

Fourth, make sure you're not running EDFX or Reshade

=================================================

Assuming you've done all of that, I recommend running a 'Validate game files' from the Elite Launcher, Options menu

That will reset your elite-dangerous-64 folder back to default and ensure nothing in there is interfering with the mod. You'll need to unzip the mod files again as the validation process will delete them (don't copy them out then back into the folder, in case there was something wrong the first time)

Next, check your graphics override file is empty:
C:\Users\$username$\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Graphics\GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml

Custom code in there can interfere with the mod.

After doing that, don't run ED Profiler as a small number of CMDRs had it configured to change graphics settings that stopped the mod from loading correctly.

Basically, everything needs to be at Elite default.

Finally, I recommend setting your anti-virus/malware to exclude the elite-dangerous-64 folder, as that's been the source of problems in a very small number of cases

That's about all the troubleshooting advice I can suggest right now, let me know how you go

I've never heard of that before, the portraits always show in the mod. So there must be something interfering with the correct loading of the shaders.

Firstly, just need to check you downloaded the mod from the github, and not a beta version someone might have given you:

Second, did you read the installation section of the manual and follow all the advice there?

Third, turn off all overlays (Steam, Discord, Geforce experience, etc) as the modding software can be sensitive to overlays on rare occasions

Fourth, make sure you're not running EDFX or Reshade

Assuming you've done all of that, I recommend running a 'Validate game files' from the Elite Launcher, Options menu

That will reset your elite-dangerous-64 folder back to default and ensure nothing in there is interfering with the mod. You'll need to unzip the mod files again as the validation process will delete them (don't copy them out then back into the folder, in case there was something wrong the first time)

Next, check your graphics override file is empty:
C:\Users\$username$\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Graphics\GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml

Custom code in there can interfere with the mod.

After doing that, don't run ED Profiler as a small number of CMDRs had it configured to change graphics settings that stopped the mod from loading correctly.

Basically, everything needs to be at Elite default.

Finally, I recommend setting your anti-virus/malware to exclude the elite-dangerous-64 folder, as that's been the source of problems in a very small number of cases

That's about all the troubleshooting advice I can suggest right now, let me know how you go

Thx for the troubleshooting guide, Yes I've tried to read and understand the manual but I just start with your demo Startup-Profile.ini just to test it out, perhaps it's "EDProfiler" that has some impact to do with this mod, I've got no reshader installed or EDFX, and have tried with both "Verify integrity of game files" and even did a clean reinstall of the game, will try to uninstall "EDProfiler" and then with just EDHM.

Regards
/e33et

Thx for the troubleshooting guide, Yes I've tried to read and understand the manual but I just start with your demo Startup-Profile.ini just to test it out, perhaps it's "EDProfiler" that has some impact to do with this mod, I've got no reshader installed or EDFX, and have tried with both "Verify integrity of game files" and even did a clean reinstall of the game, will try to uninstall "EDProfiler" and then with just EDHM.

Regards
/e33et

Hmm it sounds like a pretty default config. It could be ED Profiler if it's set to change any of the settings, but only about 5 CMDRs have reported problems.

What sort of gfx card are you using? A few CMDRs are getting anomalies when running an AMD card but I can't see any consistent pattern yet, as there are many who run the mod on AMD without issues

Hopefully we can sort it out

I've got RTX 2080 Ti custom watercooling, maybe it's something to with the XML-PortBW.ini or XML-Profile.ini if you got different colour schemes or shaders?

I've got RTX 2080 Ti custom watercooling, maybe it's something to with the XML-PortBW.ini or XML-Profile.ini if you got different color schemes ?

There are certainly XML profiles that screw up the portraits, but the ones that come installed with EDHM all have natural portraits. You haven't changed anything in XML-Profile.ini?

You can cycle through the Hotkey profiles with CTRL 5,6,7,8,9 .. maybe check if they're all blank as well.

It's a really weird bug! If the portrait shader wasn't loading then parts of the HUD shouldn't load either, since they're all part of the same shader .. like the Heat signature signal on the far right (what I originally thought was a radio signal .. for about 2 years :) .. and the multi-colour shield rings .. try cycling through shield colours with F2 and see if any are black

Top Bottom