Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 28 June 2021

Greetings Commanders!

Let's round out the month of June with a new update to Elite Dangerous: Odyssey, amongst other things! Find out what's happening this week in our community schedule:

37KKDaY.png

Tuesday

Supercruise News #39: This week's Supercruise News will discuss some of the upcoming changes in Update 5, the Community Calendar initiative, and all the best bits from the community. - 15:30 UTC on Twitch & YouTube

Wednesday

Development Update Post: We'll be sharing the latest information on the development of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.

ED Elite Club: There are always new Commanders entering the Elite Club, and we like to celebrate them! If you recently made an Elite rank, share an image on Twitter with the hashtag #EDEliteClub!

Stellar Screenshots: We're seeing better and better shots every week now that Commanders are getting used to Odyssey! Keep your amazing screenshots coming using the hashtag #StellarScreenshots.

Thursday

Update 5 Shared Missions Stream: Arthur & Bruce team up to take on some Shared Missions! - 18:00 UTC on Twitch & YouTube

Odyssey Update 5: The fifth update to Odyssey brings Outfitting UI improvements and more.

Friday

Commander Creations: There's no better way to sign off the week than with a great round of #CommanderCreations! Make sure to get your submissions in for a chance to be featured!

I bet DevUpdate will be nothing new and update 5 minor fixing.

Improved Communication with the community has been just that - we have had @sallymorganmoore here quite a lot, busy 'interacting' with us in a friendly and quite bubbly way, other CMs have not been quite so 'high profile', being blunt.

But, despite being more visible (which I suppose to be the true intent) on the forum and other "Social Media" the information being provided is pretty much equal to the same, occasional, visits in the past - minimal, but at least the negativity is now veiled in positive engagement. We are being told nothing but, as ever, placatory remarks with a promise of "cake tomorrow" whenever we ask for more actual information about "Odyssey, the complete product" we spent our money on...

Now, another promised piece of communication appears to have been shelved.

(I'm normally quite enthusiastic about the game, much to the annoyance of some, but Odyssey, and the total obfuscation of useful information WRT the 'fixing' of Odyssey is beginning to disillusion even me!)

I think a dev updates makes sense as a post rather than a stream, but in that case why not just get dev answers and post them as you get them? Why wait for the end of the month? Get answers to RNs PP questions and post them up, job done. RN goes away happy* and the CMs can look out for the next question to answer.

Not that there are that many actual questions, mostly it seems to be existential screams of WHENNNNNNNNNNNN! :)

* yeah, I know, that's not gonna happen either ;)

Heh. A few days of content creators saying "make or break" "crucial week" etc, now the forum saying itt, and fdev are thinking ... when did his happen? We weren't planning anything special :D

I wish I had some Pineapple Jaffa cakes this week, but popcorn will do.

Heh. A few days of content creators saying "make or break" "crucial week" etc, now the forum saying itt, and fdev are thinking ... when did his happen? We weren't planning anything special :D

I wish I had some Pineapple Jaffa cakes this week, but popcorn will do.
Lol some of them are being very dramatic but I generally agree with the sentiment.

I like that FDev have opened up more and told us that certain features are not coming (being in the dark is much worse), but now it's time for them to hint at what's coming next - are they planning to keep this game alive and improve it? We all deserve to know that, and even if Odyssey had a resoundingly successful launch, I'd still be asking this question. More atmospheric planets should be done, more procedurally generated plant/animal life.

We waited many years for Odyssey, it's time to finally open up this game's development and tell us what's being worked on for the future. Star Citizen's development process is incredibly transparent, we should really be getting something similar rather than guessing and being kept in the dark constantly.

Top Bottom