Release EDSY - The ship outfitting tool formerly known as E:D Shipyard; reimagined, redesigned, reborn

Updated to 3.5.0.1:
  • added Advanced Missile Rack modules, new in EDv3.5
  • updated power draw of 5B Prospector and Repair Limpet Controllers, corrected in EDv3.5

If you go to the Outfitting tab at edsy.org and click the import button (looks like an up arrow, at the top left of the center panel), you can actually just paste those URLs right in (though you'll probably want to give them different names to save under, so the last "Adder" doesn't overwrite the others).

If you have other builds saved in your browser on the old site, you can also go to edshipyard.com/migrate.html and it will transfer them all over for you automatically.

Coriolis is down EDSY keeps showing "A new version is available !" ,witch would be good I guess if watherver I clicked or tried wouldnt end the same "A new version is available !" over and over...

Thanks again for the new version, it really works well (also on mobile!).

Just found that there is a discord server for many ED tools (like eddb, coriolis...), each with it's own channel. Eventually also a good place for edsy? https://discord.gg/kXwU69

edit: forget it, it's already there

Last edited:
Updated to 3.5.3.1:
  • added Analysis section with a Retrofit calculator to generate a report of steps and costs (in credits and materials) to convert or upgrade any number of builds
  • corrected bulkhead costs for Krait Mk II
  • fixed a bug with importing builds from the Frontier API after especially long play sessions
  • fixed a spurious warning when importing some builds with modified Sensors
EDSY keeps showing "A new version is available !" ,witch would be good I guess if watherver I clicked or tried wouldnt end the same "A new version is available !" over and over...
If you turn your browser's debugging console on, what messages do you see there? If this persists, you might try clearing your browser cache (just be careful not to clear your localStorage, as that will erase all of your stored builds too).

Hello, thanks for the tool.

As a new player, I'd like to make a couple of requests:
1) An option to set the discount % on price for everything (station discount), not individually for each module. (new players are poor :p )
2) A field to show the "difference" cost between a new ship and your build, considering you sold/replaced the existing stuff. That way we can know exactly how much it would cost to upgrade our ship to certain builds.

Thank you!

EDIT: Seems you already did 2). I had to CTRL+F5 my browser for it to show the new version.

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for the tool.

As a new player, I'd like to make a couple of requests:
1) An option to set the discount % on price for everything (station discount), not individually for each module. (new players are poor :p )
2) A field to show the "difference" cost between a new ship and your build, considering you sold/replaced the existing stuff. That way we can know exactly how much it would cost to upgrade our ship to certain builds.

Thank you!

EDIT: Seems you already did 2). I had to CTRL+F5 my browser for it to show the new version.
The retrofit calculator is, indeed, exactly what was added today. :) But I had hoped ctrl-f5 wasn't necessary any more, the site is supposed to cross-check its versions and prompt to update as needed. So if that's not happening and you have to ctrl-f5 to see changes, I'll have to look into that.

The reset-all-discounts function is definitely something I've found myself wanting too, so it's on the list. Soon! (TM)

Updated to 3.5.3.1:
  • added Analysis section with a Retrofit calculator to generate a report of steps and costs (in credits and materials) to convert or upgrade any number of builds
  • corrected bulkhead costs for Krait Mk II
  • fixed a bug with importing builds from the Frontier API after especially long play sessions
  • fixed a spurious warning when importing some builds with modified Sensors
If you turn your browser's debugging console on, what messages do you see there? If this persists, you might try clearing your browser cache (just be careful not to clear your localStorage, as that will erase all of your stored builds too).
Great update, will test the material calculation soon. When you do a new ship with major engineering of modules, a list of required materials to farm is really useful.

I wrote my own tool for it, because I missed a functionality like that from the start. But having it directly in the ship outfitting, perfect. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/tool-component-calculator-for-blueprints.409937/

Wondering why not more people use EDSY. I like it much more than coriolis, especially on mobile and with the last updates. Preference I guess, but many also don't know edsy that well.

Last edited:
I just wanted to say thank you for this excellent shipbuilder, that I find far more user-friendly than coriolis. Coriolis is very good, but EDSY is better ;)

Honestly, every time I go to an engineer, buy a new ship or reconfigure an old one for a new task, I always come to EDSY first to plan what I'm going to do !

Top Bottom