Release EDDI Scripts and EDDI enabled VA Commands Thread

could this be of help? i caught it at Synuefe NL-N c23-4 B 3 trying to do my first guardian module's run

"NearestDestination":"$Ancient_Small_005:#index=1;", "NearestDestination_Localised":"Guardian Structure" }

I also use Amy for both EDDI and VA, but there are TWO different voices in that video. One is EDDI, the other is not.
I think that you're forgetting about the Voice() function? ;-)
Voice()

This function allows you to include a different voice in your script than then one currently selected. This function uses SSML tags.

Voice() takes two mandatory arguments: the text to speak and the voice to speak it (legal values for the voice should match one of the voices listed by EDDI's Text-to-Speech tab."). For Example:

{Voice("Now I can speak", "Microsoft Zira Desktop")} {Voice("And I can listen", "Microsoft David Desktop")}

Last edited:
i see your point, looks like the male voce is the one from EDDI (giving notice about next sys during jump) while the female, the one that actively tells about refueling and stuff, might actually be from some other kind of personality in VA, don't think it's an HCS voice though: seems synthetic to me while HCS are mostly recorded aren't they?

actually T'Kael might be right: i didn't know about that feature either

I think that you're forgetting about the Voice() function? ;-)
Actually, no, I'm not. I'm factoring that the EDDI voice is the default Windows voice and the female voice is something else.

The HCS 'Astra' voice is nothing most than a sound processed 'Amy', so my theory has yet to be disproven.

If you really want to know, ask the video creator.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the debate, but having nearly all HCS voice packs as well as simultaneously using EDDI, I can most assuredly confirm NEITHER of the two voices in that video as the ship fuel scoops & does the disco scan are from HCS Voicepacks. The male voice sounds like a slowed-down EDDI (though I make mine sound a little more robotic). Regardless, it'd be great if the video creator could actually provide confirmation / script.

Last edited:
I use VA/HCS/EDDI setting EDDI voice to Zira at 60% volume, speech speed 1. I use Astra as the primary voice in VA and also have Verity but don't use it much. The Zira/Astra combination sounds so much alike that I switch to David when I need to verify which responses are coming from which voice.

I'm not much of a programmer (understatement), but I can easily see how much you could customize just about anything you wanted given the time and interest. I have neither the skills or interest (plenty of time) so I'm happy not straying too far from just tweaking a few settings here and there to get a really well integrated and effective voice and trigger activated system that complements ED. That way, I don't have to get too boggled when updates come along and that sort of thing.

But - yeah - VA/HCS/EDDI - all well integrated, is what makes ED something I never grow tired of playing.

Thanks so much to the team that picked up the EDDI maintenance and development.

After the 3.5 install I keep getting, "has granted you access to grade blueprints." announced at startup.

I have all engineers mat max grade within the bubble and haven't been to Colonia since before they added engineers out there. I have no idea why I would be getting this msg. Any idea which json file I need to delete to clear the msg?

THX

After the 3.5 install I keep getting, "has granted you access to grade blueprints." announced at startup.

I have all engineers mat max grade within the bubble and haven't been to Colonia since before they added engineers out there. I have no idea why I would be getting this msg. Any idea which json file I need to delete to clear the msg?

THX
That's due to an update in EDDI (or the Journal) that needs an amendment to the script. This is from the change log:-
Updated the Engineer progressed event to stay silent by default when written at startup (with empty values, signaling that engineer data has been loaded).
You'll need to make the same adjustment to your version of the script.

EDIT: I'm not sure how much difference this may make (or not), but the last |elif event.engineer: in the default script has a capital E for engineer. I've changed mine to be lower case to match the rest of the script, as I'm not sure if it's case sensitive. I've submitted a ticket on GitHub for it, just in case.

Last edited:
EDIT: I'm not sure how much difference this may make (or not), but the last |elif event.engineer: in the default script has a capital E for engineer. I've changed mine to be lower case to match the rest of the script, as I'm not sure if it's case sensitive. I've submitted a ticket on GitHub for it, just in case.
Yup, needs to be lowercase. Will fix default scripts in 3.5.1.

Top Bottom