Release EDDI Scripts and EDDI enabled VA Commands Thread

Hi,
Sorry if I did not understand correctly (poor english here). But to track if hardpoints are deployed or retracted in VA I just use the {BOOL:Status hardpoints deployed} and it works perfectly.

Example:

Begin Boolean Compare : [Status supercruise] Equals True
Play random sound (2 items) - # just to say cannot do it when in supercruise.
End Condition - Exit when condition met
Begin Boolean Compare : [Status hardpoints deployed] Equals True
Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\elite profile sounds\weapons - hardpoints are alerady deployed.mp3'
End Condition - Exit when condition met
Press Left Ctrl+H keys and hold for 0,1 seconds and release - # A key bind to deploy/retract haardpoints.
Play random sound (4 items) - # random message acknowledging the command was performed.
I'd like to thank all of you for your help and patience.

But, again, neither [Status hardpoints deployed] nor {BOOL:Status hardpoints deployed} (nor ANY of those command variables on the Github page) are working for me.

Like I said, I might have to reinstall VA and EDDI or see if I've borked some EDDI setting somewhere, to see if that solves the issue.

Thanx again to all of you. o7

Technomancer,
Do any EDDI status, events, etc., works directly in voice attack? If not, please check if EDDI is installed at the correct folder. I know it may be a dumb question, but check if it's installed inside the \VoiceAttack\Apps\EDDI folder.

Good luck!

I was using Darkcyde's personality in the older version - which is great but a bit chatty
Yeah, the last public version is based on the old exploration scripts, with a few additions. Since the new exploration system and script updates in the latest versions of EDDI, I've been working to adapt them to my personal taste, but trying to maintain the low amount of speech. At the moment, I have it quite close to default for its verbosity. My main problem is that I'm still on the other side of the galaxy, and I want to get back to the bubble before making any new releases, so may be a while yet. :/

Technomancer,
Do any EDDI status, events, etc., works directly in voice attack? If not, please check if EDDI is installed at the correct folder. I know it may be a dumb question, but check if it's installed inside the \VoiceAttack\Apps\EDDI folder.

Good luck!
Yes, EDDI it's installed correctly. I'm using several commands from this page: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/wiki/Events using the recommended VA Command naming convention, i.e. ((EDDI yada yada yada)). The one's I can't get to work are the one's on this page: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/wiki/VoiceAttack-Integration when I put them into a VA command.

I know it sounds like I'm probably doing something wrong, but just for the record, I'm not trying to pat myself in the back, I've using VA and EDDI for around two years. Additionally, I code in VB at work and I've dabbled in LUA, Python, RegEX, CC++. I have several complex commands in VA, including a Panel Tab and Docking Request sequence that work flawlessly. The use of these commands is pretty basic, especially since they've already been laid out for us.

I just think that I need to reinstall VA and EDDI and see if that solves something that might be borked. And yes, both EDDI and VA are installed in the default folder(s). I haven't done that yet because I'm thinking of going to Win10 while I'm at it....yes I'm still on Win7 64 bit. :p

Thanx for your suggestion.

Event and status variables are set from the same .dll, so I doubt a reinstall is going to help. Posting some screenshots of your command might help us to spot the issue though.

Event and status variables are set from the same .dll, so I doubt a reinstall is going to help. Posting some screenshots of your command might help us to spot the issue though.
Well, I didn't even have to reinstall anything.

I tried deleting the custom Personality I was messing around with a while back, and had forgotten about, and the variables started working. o_O

I wish I would've flipped through the Personality to see what crazy things I was experimenting with that might have caused the issue.

Oh well, whatever, it's working now. (y)

Thanx to everyone for helping out.

Top Bottom