Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Trying to type my home system then eddi crashes to desktop.Any ideas ?
also this is another problem
View attachment 150652

Eddiscovery version 11.1.2
Please open a bug report for EDDI crashing to desktop when you try to enter your home system. Please include a copy of the .log file from from a session where this crash occurred (log files are located at %APPDATA%/Roaming/EDDI) and if possible please also name the star system in the report.
For the EDSM error, you will need to obtain an API key from EDSM before you will be able to use this feature (unless you already have and are hiding them to keep them private... in which case another bug report with a log file where you've triggered this error would be approppriate).

Last edited:
Please open a bug report for EDDI crashing to desktop when you try to enter your home system. Please include a copy of the .log file from from a session where this crash occurred (log files are located at %APPDATA%/Roaming/EDDI) and if possible please also name the star system in the report.
For the EDSM error, you will need to obtain an API key from EDSM before you will be able to use this feature (unless you already have and are hiding them to keep them private... in which case another bug report with a log file where you've triggered this error would be approppriate).
i have an edsm key for a long time and was using ok but after eddi 3.5.0.0 and eddiscovery i have problems i am almost certain it is a problem related to eddiscovery and not eddi because i have also problem with elite g19s applet.The problem i am having of not been able to correctly connect to edsm through eddiscovery after searching the internet was solved in the past with obtaining license for a expired security certificate but since your team are excellent programmers i thought of asking you here for ideas.

....The problem i am having of not been able to correctly connect to edsm through eddiscovery after searching the internet was solved in the past with obtaining license for a expired security certificate ...
Thanks psefergr for the report, ticket 1596. It turns out that you stumbled upon a failure path in EDDI that can happen when the EDSM server is offline or otherwise unavailable. EDDI v3.5.1 will add defensive coding and improved UI reporting in such circumstances. Thank you for the report!

Before I turn in a bug report, v3.5, I have it minimized to the taskbar and close it directly from there (RMC Close window) but at next launch, its opening on screen, not minimized. Something I can check/set/reset?

Before I turn in a bug report, v3.5, I have it minimized to the taskbar and close it directly from there (RMC Close window) but at next launch, its opening on screen, not minimized. Something I can check/set/reset?
Hmm, for me if I quit it minimised then it launches minimised. If it helps, those setttings are stored in %localappdata%\Eddi\[something]\user.config which is an XML file. Removing that file may help if it has got its permissions messed up or something.

Hmm, for me if I quit it minimised then it launches minimised. If it helps, those setttings are stored in %localappdata%\Eddi\[something]\user.config which is an XML file. Removing that file may help if it has got its permissions messed up or something.
Is this the same for when opening EDDI config from within VA? Since v3.5.0, EDDI always opens to the main EDDI tab, in exactly the same position on my main monitor, no matter where I position it to (on either of my monitors), or whatever tab I leave it on, when I exit it. I'm sure it always used to remember which monitor (and where) I closed it on, and which tab I last had open.

Is this the same for when opening EDDI config from within VA? Since v3.5.0, EDDI always opens to the main EDDI tab, in exactly the same position on my main monitor, no matter where I position it to (on either of my monitors), or whatever tab I leave it on, when I exit it. I'm sure it always used to remember which monitor (and where) I closed it on, and which tab I last had open.
I'm not a VoiceAttack user so I may not be 100% accurate but I believe the storage location to be the same although the [something] may differ and there is a possibility that it will be under a different subfolder. I expect TK or H willl be along soon to confirm or deny.

For VoiceAttack the applicable settings file is stored at [VoiceAttack folder]\Apps\EDDI\EDDI.exe.config.xml. It's safe to delete but rather pointless to do so right now since the plugin is currently skipping over reading the data there.

This one's my bad (sorry about that and thanks for bringing it to our attention). It looks like I broke that feature while working on a memory leak for the VoiceAttack plugin a little while ago. I've submitted a PR to restore it in the next release.

Top Bottom