For a while now I've noticed that VA stops responding to voice commands after a certain period of time. I've not been able to measure exactly how long that time is though. I've tried going back to the EDDI default profile, and that seems to work, at least for a much longer time anyway. I also tried starting my profile again from scratch, using the EDDI default as a sub-profile (sorry, I can't remember the correct terminology right now), and that too works ok, until (it seems) I get to a certain amount of commands, then it begins to not respond again, and it's not very many that I add. I was hoping to use the EDDI default as a sub-profile, so that I don't have to make any changes when it gets updated, it would automatically use the new version.Has anyone noticed since the update that sometimes EDDI doesnt respond to voice commands? It still gets triggered by in agme events but if I use a voice command nothing happens. Nothing comes up on VA log to say it recieved a voice command. Not sure if its VA or EDDI jsut wondering if anyone else has come across this? Normally I just reboot ED and all is well.
To be honest, I've not really looked into it too deeply, as I don't really use voice commands very often, and I had other things in my life to get on with when I first noticed the problem. I was hoping that a VA or EDDI update would fix it, or that it was just my install that was playing up, but it does sound like you have exactly the same issue.
Try using just the EDDI default, I know it's not ideal, but as a test first. Then add a couple of your own commands and see how that goes. If it works, add a couple more. This is what I'm intending to do at some point, so I can get a better idea of what's going on.
For me, it seems to work for about 20-30 minutes before it stops resonding to my voice. However, as I don't use VA for anything else other than EDDI, I have no real way to say if it's EDDI causing it or not.