Release EDDB - a site about systems, stations, commodities and trade routes in Elite: Dangerous.

I probably didn't express myself well enough. I would LOVE to have eddb TGC functionality for uploading distances and then calculating coordinates. I could imagine you would give this a low priority because there is a lot on your plate wrt things to implement.

YES, there should be at least one reference tool which all others can rely on.

I believe there is a similarity between edsc and eddb. Both haven't made the code public, which means in case of a problem (RL issues, abandoned tool) the community has a problem. Are you planning on releasing the code?

I don't plan to make the whole code open source. However, releasing parts of it as reference I'm very fine with.
Also, I hope I'm not staying the only dev working on eddb. It is written in PHP (using Yii2 framework) and has a very clean and structured codebase. So if anyone wants to apply for the job... :)

Another thing... the backend will be released to a set of people to test functionality first. If you are interested, join us on IRC! (Smacker?)

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
I don't plan to make the whole code open source. However, releasing parts of it as reference I'm very fine with.
Also, I hope I'm not staying the only dev working on eddb. It is written in PHP (using Yii2 framework) and has a very clean and structured codebase. So if anyone wants to apply for the job... :)

Another thing... the backend will be released to a set of people to test functionality first. If you are interested, join us on IRC! (Smacker?)

Yes certainly interested but out of town till next Thursday ;-(

Hey was wondering if you could confirm the data source you're using for the star positions etc - managed to work out what was going on with the messed up coords (they've used AstroSynthesis coords rather than proper Galactic Coords and they've been changed from the real star data - apparently to account for it being 3300 or alternatively to be a pain in the neck and stop us just using real astrological data to short cut stuff - anyway just wanted to find/confirm which source your data is vases (if you don't mind) - I really want to put in star types (or at least whether they are fuel scoopable) in my app and if poss would like to keep data consistent with yours (ED making the coords wrong made the decision as to whether to use real data or not easy)
PS I didnt IRC you because Im not on it (I was 15 years ago I think) - my mail address is moc.radob ta keleb if you want to email me but I'm happy just chatting on here too

Hey was wondering if you could confirm the data source you're using for the star positions etc - managed to work out what was going on with the messed up coords (they've used AstroSynthesis coords rather than proper Galactic Coords and they've been changed from the real star data - apparently to account for it being 3300 or alternatively to be a pain in the neck and stop us just using real astrological data to short cut stuff - anyway just wanted to find/confirm which source your data is vases (if you don't mind) - I really want to put in star types (or at least whether they are fuel scoopable) in my app and if poss would like to keep data consistent with yours (ED making the coords wrong made the decision as to whether to use real data or not easy)
PS I didnt IRC you because Im not on it (I was 15 years ago I think) - my mail address is moc.radob ta keleb if you want to email me but I'm happy just chatting on here too

Actually I was investigating a little bit how to map the coords from Simbad to the ingame coords, but I'm really not into astronomy in order to make anything work.

In fact, if we'd manage to map this, it would be totally awesome :)

My system source is EDSC and these are mapped to a 1:1:1 ly grid to use ingame distance for calucaltion. If you would manage to give me the math for any kind of mapping, I would be happy to implement this.

Generally I prefer to talk about such matters in a chat. Its very simple for you. Just click here :D

Commodities Summary

For my own interest I've created a "cheat sheet" of ED commodities using the data from EDDN (via the eddb.io json).

I've attached it here
pdf.gif
in case anyone else can get value out of it.

Thanks for the data guys

It's a great site, but I just couldn't get used to the bright colours, as I like using this on my second monitor when I'm playing the game. Now I'm a web developer/designer as well, and I didn't want to suggest you change the design just for me, so I did the next best thing. I made a Userstyle (which can be used in the browser addon called Stylish [Firefox, Chrome]) to modify the css of the site client side through the browser. You are free to take the css style code and apply it to your site if you wish. But this just gives anyone the best of both worlds; incase you don't.

Anyone can use the Stylish profile here, as well as you can see the CSS code: https://userstyles.org/styles/109646/eddb-io-elite-dangerous-dark

Enjoy and thanks for the great site!

Following some private discussions I've updated the commodities summary to add some necessary explanation. I have also attached a listing of the categories that this process has assigned to stations, if you can suggest corrections/ refinements I would be happy to hear from you (but remember station names are ambiguous so the combination of station name and system name is needed to define them)

Hope someone finds this useful

CMDR Halfdan

Attachments

• halfdan-commodities-02.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,085
Following some private discussions I've updated the commodities summary to add some necessary explanation. I have also attached a listing of the categories that this process has assigned to stations, if you can suggest corrections/ refinements I would be happy to hear from you (but remember station names are ambiguous so the combination of station name and system name is needed to define them)

Hope someone finds this useful

CMDR Halfdan

I could add the file to eddb.io if you allow it...

A big thanks to everybody who is updating eddb on ROSS! With your help, the data quality of systems and stations is getting better and better :)

I like the charts, you added for all commodities. Does the population of a system change sometimes? If yes, it would be nice to have another graph for that. :)

I like the charts, you added for all commodities. Does the population of a system change sometimes? If yes, it would be nice to have another graph for that. :)

I only log the price history. But you could look up the databse change history for certain systems on ROSS :)

Is it possible to add a "Round-Trip" function?
At moment I use eddb to get good oneway routes, while populating RegulatedNoise with my visited systems and then get the "best" round-trip between this systems.

Another request:
Please add a link in eddb-routefinder to coresponding systems/station in ROSS, atm I allways have to copy-paste station name in a new window/tab and search for it.

And another thought:
An option for ROSS-UserAccounts to enter one or more IDs of selfused EDDN programms to populate commodity datas.
(for correcting wrongly sent data)
But I think, it's too much efford and consuming too much resources of host.

Can I get historical data from eddb? Specifically, can I see the commodity prices at a specific SYSTEM/Station over the past several weeks? I'm trying to get my brain wrapped around some mid-timeframe behavior of the ED economy...

Can I get historical data from eddb? Specifically, can I see the commodity prices at a specific SYSTEM/Station over the past several weeks? I'm trying to get my brain wrapped around some mid-timeframe behavior of the ED economy...

The commodities have graphs of values over time, e.g. go to CF 464/Bartini Enterprise click on the graph icon next to any commodity

Hey, them; sorry if it's been asked already but does systems.json have permit data? (Forum search claims no matches found, ... right).

Also, on the FAQ, you have the question "How can I update market data"? For people using Maddavo's, e.g. TradeDangerous users, they can just upload their data to Maddavo. He transmits his imports to EDDN.

Top Bottom