Release EDDB - a site about systems, stations, commodities and trade routes in Elite: Dangerous.

Hello wonderfull EDDB dev(s?),

a little request. Can you add an option to minor factions search so that you can list them to distance from your reference system? Makes it a bit easier to keep up with all the new factions being added!

Hello wonderfull EDDB dev(s?),

a little request. Can you add an option to minor factions search so that you can list them to distance from your reference system? Makes it a bit easier to keep up with all the new factions being added!

Yes, that would be very useful. I managed to do that for myself but only by downloading the Populated System and Faction data and filtering it through a spreadsheet.

exploration route planner

I'm making an exploration route planner.
maybe i can contribute my work to eddb?
I made some special indices and queries, added some logic to calculate the scan value of bodies.
Each of the systems in this screenshot have 2-6 million worth of scans.

ODJMMgN.png

Not sure but it seems the edmc is not updateing eddb or eddb is down right now. very useful tool both of them. am bgs and trader at heart so i just thought i would post because there seems to be a problem with one of them.

Not sure but it seems the edmc is not updateing eddb or eddb is down right now. very useful tool both of them. am bgs and trader at heart so i just thought i would post because there seems to be a problem with one of them.
eddb isn't processing EDDN messages at the moment. The maintainer is aware and will fix when he's able.

as much as i love EDDB for what it offers compared to what FDEV offers

a little rant to whoever manages EDDB:

https://eddb.io/station

the list has a column called "prices Update"
its so damn frustrating
because that is the update of the commodity market - which is completely independant from outfit and shipyard.
I use that page mostly to find modules and ships, and was totally not awar that this column is missleading, as i was kinda sent to stations where the modules are not present, despite listing "last update 8 hours ago"
checking the details of the station i found out that the last outfitting update was several weeks ago...

/rant

different suggestion:
please add "broker network" as facilities into station details

I said:
I'm not aware of any software that updates the commodity market that doesn't also update outfitting.
I was wrong - EDDiscovery updates the commodity market but not outfitting. Hmmn.
It would make more sense for the station finder page to display "Outfitting update" rather than "Prices update".

Last edited:
Does EDMC not send system minor faction information to EDDN? Or is this on EDDB's end?

EDDB updated the market information but the minor faction tab is 11 days old.

Is the Eddb outdated guys? I am trying to search a commodity, it finds a system with 13k supply. I am going there and there is only 5 supply seen in the game. What is wrong after 2.4?

Is the Eddb outdated guys? I am trying to search a commodity, it finds a system with 13k supply. I am going there and there is only 5 supply seen in the game. What is wrong after 2.4?

Unfortunately Frontiers API for prices, outfitting and shipyard is still offline. This leads to EDMC or other apps not working for price updates right now. EDDBs route finder is possibly outdated. All we can do now is wait for Frontier to fix their API. Until then - good luck in finding profitable routes :(

Top Bottom