Release EDDB - a site about systems, stations, commodities and trade routes in Elite: Dangerous.

Quick question :

I've recently registered to EDDB/ROSS and have manually entered the entire Details (Bodies/Materials) of 4 Systems so far - which is very painful ;)

As I've never used any 3rd Party Tools and the descriptions don't give me a definite answer :

Using any (which?) Utility, can I
- "re-visit" already fully explored Systems and trigger a transfer of all Body Data to EDDB where it still lacks it?
- use the same Tool to auto-update Station ownership etc. (all Faction-related stuff)?

Basically that's what I'd be looking for, a tool I could "piggyback" and have it update/sync/complete such Infos while playing.

Last edited:
"re-visit" already fully explored Systems and trigger a transfer of all Body Data to EDDB where it still lacks it?

That particular case is not possible right now. Using any Journal processing tool like EDMC, EDDiscovery or EDDI, you only can send body information of freshly scanned bodies (with an ADS). There is no current way of transfering already discovered bodies to EDDN (and thus to EDDB).

use the same Tool to auto-update Station ownership etc. (all Faction-related stuff)?

Same list as above - any Journal processing app :) If you wanna send most data possible, you should go with EDMC (just that) or EDDI (a lot more companion stuff).

That particular case is not possible right now. Using any Journal processing tool like EDMC, EDDiscovery or EDDI, you only can send body information of freshly scanned bodies (with an ADS). There is no current way of transfering already discovered bodies to EDDN (and thus to EDDB).

Same list as above - any Journal processing app :) If you wanna send most data possible, you should go with EDMC (just that) or EDDI (a lot more companion stuff).

Ah, reading the descriptions I feared something like that (pre-discovered = no triggering any Data on the Client).
I've manually updated a few Faction things, but will keep EDMC in mind :)

Check this out: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-data-sample?p=4534265&viewfull=1#post4534265

You are very welcome to bug Frontier to change their policy...

Nah, I've criticized their policy on handling Information in-game already in the past - and was dissed by Staff like some tiny kid by someone clearly having no idea what I even meant ;)
I'm fairly sure they don't understand.

PS.
The only means to show them what's structurally wrong would be nothing short of a well-coordinated "strike".
All 3rd party Helper Websites shut down for 1 full month, instantly showcasing Frontier's super-heavy reliance on "no action required on Information handling and -flow, good and best of all zero-cost samaritans will do that job for us already" type of thinking.

Nah, I've criticized their policy on handling Information in-game already in the past - and was dissed by Staff like some tiny kid by someone clearly having no idea what I even meant ;)
I'm fairly sure they don't understand.

PS.
The only means to show them what's structurally wrong would be nothing short of a well-coordinated "strike".
All 3rd party Helper Websites shut down for 1 full month, instantly showcasing Frontier's super-heavy reliance on "no action required on Information handling and -flow, good and best of all zero-cost samaritans will do that job for us already" type of thinking.

Oh that was something we think of!

I just want to say: thanks to the creator of EDDB for such a brilliant utility that makes the game more fun and enjoyable.

We actually considered this already but eventually didn't do it since we thought things would change. But honestly nothing changed during the last two years...

EDDB should be prepared to fully support Elite Dangerous 2.3 now. Please report anything missing or broken. Thx :D

Sweet! Been looking forward to automatic faction influence updates ever since it was mentioned during the beta. Thanks for keeping the site up to date and rolling it out so quickly too!

been flying about Colonia Space today and EDDB doesnt seem to be updating for the various stations im stopping off at, from what i can see on EDDB is the system name have all updated but the planetary body the stations are on are still using the old system name atleast for the ones ive checked. Im using EDDI to update the information with. EDDI was updating fine before the 2.3 patch dropped. Cheers

been flying about Colonia Space today and EDDB doesnt seem to be updating for the various stations im stopping off at, from what i can see on EDDB is the system name have all updated but the planetary body the stations are on are still using the old system name atleast for the ones ive checked. Im using EDDI to update the information with. EDDI was updating fine before the 2.3 patch dropped. Cheers

That is odd. Can you give an example?

Ah should of mentioned that it was more the market not updating and i thought it might of been down to the planetary body not being updated to Union A 2 a, as this is what it is in game now.

As of 1831hrs its working now

Last edited:
Hi, I have an Eddb question.

If I search for a commodity and it shows a station and price which was recently updated, does that mean that commodity was specifically sold at that place?

The example I'm looking at is Hafnium 147. It's a rare, hard to get commodity. You have to Pirate it from military convoys.
The most recent price record is from CD72 190, Phillips terminal.

Does that mean that station has the most recent sale? Or just that it has a demand for it?

i have found and issue with a station in Zeessze somebody put it in twice with 2 different spellings and it is messing up EDMC when it tries to scan prices and upload. The correct one is Nicollier Hangar the wrong one is Nicollier Hanger. everytime i try to upload the data from this station i get an error saying it's a false market

i have found and issue with a station in Zeessze somebody put it in twice with 2 different spellings and it is messing up EDMC when it tries to scan prices and upload. The correct one is Nicollier Hangar the wrong one is Nicollier Hanger. everytime i try to upload the data from this station i get an error saying it's a false market

Wow - what a find!

The name coming from the API is Nicollier Hanger and the name coming from the Journal is Nicollier Hangar - this is the perfect data inconsistency bug example. :)
Only Frontier can fix this...

Top Bottom