Release EDDB - a site about systems, stations, commodities and trade routes in Elite: Dangerous.

May be I'm wrong, but it looks more likely like a EDSM-related functionality

Thanks for the info cmdrs. I was unaware of this functionality on EDSM.

Frawd

Also exists as cube: https://www.edsm.net/api-v1/cube-systems?x=12.34&y=5.6&z=7.89&size=20

Might be more performant because lees computation needed ;)

Really excited about the ability to add faction influence levels and states. I've installed EDMC but the faction influence levels aren't updating automatically in the systems I'm visiting, unlike the market data. Am I missing something?

Where does the minor factions/influence data on the website come from then? Was there a time when it did auto update or is it old manually added stuff that's no longer supported?
Just curious as some has data and some has ?? instead, also how does it know who the non-controlling factions are?

Where does the minor factions/influence data on the website come from then? Was there a time when it did auto update or is it old manually added stuff that's no longer supported?
Just curious as some has data and some has ?? instead, also how does it know who the non-controlling factions are?

This is all manually entered data from ROSS. EDDB had a good kickstart from Inara (thx!) but that was a one-time thing.

I've just looked at updating my own tools to using v5, and I'm... well, systems in csv vs json doesn't have any type information, and I used that from the json. I'm putting the whole enchilada into a SQLite db for faster access, and type info is really useful there.

I can of course try to guess types (and use the old json-derived DB tables as guide) but an actual schema would be nice. Or maybe it's there and I missed it?

(Nope, my code isn't public. I'm not sure I want anyone to see it... ;-))

Last edited:
A quick question for the devs of the EDDB site: If the Orbital Period is different than the Rotational Period, is it safe to assume the entity isn't Tidally locked? If this is the case, should that field not exist?

Apologies if this isn't the right area for a feature suggestion...
I think it would be beneficial to define several systems/stations as targets for a trade loop. For instance if I'm loyal to a faction and I want to boost my rep with them and I know which systems they are in, I'd like to set a trade loop using their controlled stations as individual hops.

Awesome work by everyone involved! I've been using EDDB on and off for quite some time now and have recently started looking into the distributoin of bodies across the galaxy. For this the bodies.jsonl is obviously a fantastic resource.

And that's where I was wondering if there's a chance for EDDB to provide a CSV version alongside the already available JSONL one, as this would make processing (i.e. importing into a DB) very much easier for the programming-challenged ones among us ;)

And that's where I was wondering if there's a chance for EDDB to provide a CSV version alongside the already available JSONL one, as this would make processing (i.e. importing into a DB) very much easier for the programming-challenged ones among us ;)

Problem is, that the data structure is not flat (rings, atmosphere_composition, solid_composition, materials). So, unfortunately, offering a CSV makes no sense.

Problem is, that the data structure is not flat (rings, atmosphere_composition, solid_composition, materials). So, unfortunately, offering a CSV makes no sense.
Ah, yes, of course - didn't notice that substructure, as I was only looking at stars (specifically their spectral_class and coords).

I guess flattening the structure by turning the full set of sub-elements into attributes would go against good practice? As you can surely tell, I have no qualified input here ;)
Code:
[...] ,material_Antimony, material_Arsenic, material_Phosphorus, [...]
[...] ,0.8              , 0.0             , 14.7               , [...]

Ah, yes, of course - didn't notice that substructure, as I was only looking at stars (specifically their spectral_class and coords).

I guess flattening the structure by turning the full set of sub-elements into attributes would go against good practice? As you can surely tell, I have no qualified input here ;)
Code:
[...] ,material_Antimony, material_Arsenic, material_Phosphorus, [...]
[...] ,0.8              , 0.0             , 14.7               , [...]

and what about rings?

and what about rings?

Good point. Hmmm, maybe:

Code:
[...] RingA_Name         , RingA_SemiMajorAxis, RingA_TypeID, RingA_Mass   , RingA_RadiusIn, RingA_RadiusOut, RingA_TypeName, RingB_Name         , [...]
[...] "Systemname A Ring", null               , 1           , 354080000000 , 87735         , 137730         , "Icy"         , "Systemname B Ring", [...]

During the probes into the data I couldn't find any bodies with more than three rings, so the amount of rings doesn't seem to be a open-ended range.

Good point. Hmmm, maybe:

Code:
[...] RingA_Name         , RingA_SemiMajorAxis, RingA_TypeID, RingA_Mass   , RingA_RadiusIn, RingA_RadiusOut, RingA_TypeName, RingB_Name         , [...]
[...] "Systemname A Ring", null               , 1           , 354080000000 , 87735         , 137730         , "Icy"         , "Systemname B Ring", [...]

During the probes into the data I couldn't find any bodies with more than three rings, so the amount of rings doesn't seem to be a open-ended range.

Sorry but that's way too hacky for my taste. The data structure simply isn't going to fit into the CSV format properly. If you desperately need it that way, write a simple conversion tool that suits your needs.

Any chance we can search and sort minor factions by distance from a reference system. It would be nice to know nearby systems that have war, famine, outbreak.

Last edited:
System state only reflects the state of the controlling minor faction. A system can be in Boom but factions within the system can be at Civil War, Outbreak, Famine, etc. So if a player is looking for nearby Conflict Zones they can miss those if they just go by system state.

Does that make sense?

But eventually all which matter are the station controlling factions, right?

But eventually all which matter are the station controlling factions, right?

Not if a player is looking for certain types of missions, massacre missions in this case. HIP 101846 is an example, the current state is Boom but 2 factions are in civil war with about a half-dozen conflict zones. The only reason I know about is that I happened to travel through it today.

Are there any plans to add a "Internatial Factions Contact" (Broker Network in the system map) to the filter for station services?

Also, is it possible to restrict my search within a range from a reference system? Currently, if I sort by the distance from reference in ascending order, I cannot then sort by another quantity.

Top Bottom