Release ED ToolBox - A companion app

Ok, I'll investigate. In the mean time see if re-installing EDTB helps.
OK, tried re-installing. Alas ED Toolbox is now completely broken for me :(

First of all I got this ..

That turned out to be an incorrect filename in RunApache.vbs (I've got ED Toolbox in "D:\Program Files (x86)\ED ToolBox" and not "C:\ED ToolBox").

Having fixed that I can run it but when I go to "Open ED Toolbox" I just get ..

Any ideas?

OK, tried re-installing. Alas ED Toolbox is now completely broken for me :(

First of all I got this ..

http://i.imgur.com/Pgjvhin.png

That turned out to be an incorrect filename in RunApache.vbs (I've got ED Toolbox in "D:\Program Files (x86)\ED ToolBox" and not "C:\ED ToolBox").

Having fixed that I can run it but when I go to "Open ED Toolbox" I just get ..

http://i.imgur.com/anu79kE.png

Any ideas?
Seems to be the same issue as this: https://github.com/DBnR1/EDTB/issues/20. Disabling your antivirus while installing should help.

Seems to be the same issue as this: https://github.com/DBnR1/EDTB/issues/20. Disabling your antivirus while installing should help.
Thanks for the link Walter, I'll try that asap. I'm pretty sure the Window 10 Creators update is the cause (I've had a whole bunch of problems after that). Among other things I now have Windows Defender showing in my tool tray (wasn't there before) so l'll try turning that off. I use AVG for virus checking and that's been fine up until now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Walter, I'll try that asap. I'm pretty sure the Window 10 Creators update is the cause (I've had a whole bunch of problems after that). Among other things I now have Windows Defender showing in my tool tray (wasn't there before) so l'll try turning that off. I use AVG for virus checking and that's been fine up until now.
I heard of people having all sorts of issues with the Win 10 update so I haven't updated my own machine yet.

Great, good to know.
Darn it. I'd forgotten why I started all this re-installing malarky in the first place. Now I remember ...

ED Toolbox has started triggering the following popup (on initial opening of web page and then about every 5 minutes thereafter). Any thoughts?

http://i.imgur.com/Z6DJSbK.png
Still getting this ^^^

If I (we?) can't figure out a fix I'm going to have to stop using ED Toolbox :( because having Windows suddenly jump back to my desktop to show me that error dialog right in the middle of a hyperspace jump when my ship is about to plough into a star is an absolute no no.

P.S. does anyone know of a general way of stopping Windows 10 from switching a fullscreen game back to desktop to show dialog box notifications etc? It's extremely annoying.

Darn it. I'd forgotten why I started all this re-installing malarky in the first place. Now I remember ...

Still getting this ^^^

If I (we?) can't figure out a fix I'm going to have to stop using ED Toolbox :( because having Windows suddenly jump back to my desktop to show me that error dialog right in the middle of a hyperspace jump when my ship is about to plough into a star is an absolute no no.

P.S. does anyone know of a general way of stopping Windows 10 from switching a fullscreen game back to desktop to show dialog box notifications etc? It's extremely annoying.
Can you check the windows Event Viewer (possibly in the Administrative Events) to see if there's any more info on that error.

Can you check the windows Event Viewer (possibly in the Administrative Events) to see if there's any more info on that error.
So there's this in Windows Logs / System ..

Application popup: cmd.exe - Application Error : The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.​

And this (about 20secs later) in Windows Logs / Security ..

A user's local group membership was enumerated.

Subject:
Security ID: EARTH2\Alec
Account Name: Alec
Account Domain: EARTH2
Logon ID: 0x53E7AC

User:

Process Information:
Process ID: 0x2a2c
Process Name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe​

Any help?

Hey Walter,

Some time ago, I remember bringing the new Journal changes (v2.0) to your attention.
At the time you seemed pleased that you could replace the companion api.

Well some time has past, do you have any plans to parse the journal?

Should you decide to develop this again, any chance you can look at how this ED app adds voice: tts4ed
It does a fantastic job with TTS and from reading the readit, in future the TTS will be free for all, due to caching and sharing.

Thanks

So there's this in Windows Logs / System ..

Application popup: cmd.exe - Application Error : The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.​

And this (about 20secs later) in Windows Logs / Security ..

A user's local group membership was enumerated.

Subject:
Logon ID: 0x53E7AC

User:

Process Information:
Process ID: 0x2a2c
Process Name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe​

Any help?
Hmm, not very helpful. I'll update my machine to the new Win 10 and see if I can reproduce this behavior.

Top Bottom