Release ED ToolBox - A companion app

You are right. The problem with price data is that it needs to be as fresh as possible to be useful, and it's just not feasible with the way EDTB is set up (data downloaded to user's computer). There is some code related to trade routes etc. already in ED ToolBox (some commented out, most not included at all). I experimented with it a couple of months ago but I couldn't really get any better results than you can get with the multitude of trade tools already out there.

Of course you can use the Data Point to manually collect any information you want, including price data.

As for the color schema, there are no options for it in the config section, but there are a number of browser extension you can use to define your own styles (Stylish, User CSS etc.). I hope if someone does make custom styles for ED ToolBox that they'd share them so others can use them as well.
That's not a problem, I just wanted to make sure, I don't use crowdsourced data, I do use EDMC to send my data to EDDB however as I'm not objectionable to others using the data, each to their own I say.

Regarding the Schema, thanks for the info I'll have a search around and see what/if I can figure anything out, or better still ask one of the design peeps at work for assistance, they're easily bribed with free beer. :D

Hi,

So I have been using this on and off for a couple of weeks. So far it seems to work just fine, but I noticed that after adding the first bookmark I am not able to add any more. I can add points of interests at will. Not sure what data you would like me to provide to help you sort this out, but just let me know!

Hi,

So I have been using this on and off for a couple of weeks. So far it seems to work just fine, but I noticed that after adding the first bookmark I am not able to add any more. I can add points of interests at will. Not sure what data you would like me to provide to help you sort this out, but just let me know!
Hi,

Are you using the same version from a couple of weeks ago or the latest (0.9.94)?

Great tool, just what I've wanted in my second monitor! Good choice with a dark theme too, I hate having something with a big white screen up when I've got the lights down.

One suggestion I've got is to make the minor factions show up in a color font according to their major faction alignment (Red = Fed, Blue = Imp, Green = Alliance, Yellow = Indy). It would make it that much quicker to decide which station to hit if you're trying to grind up rep with a major faction. I honestly don't know how tricky or tedious it would be to implement this, so disregard if it would be too much trouble. Again, thank you for this awesome tool!

hi ,,

just downloaded, saw it mentioned on another thread and liked the idea
i have installed, download db's, installed the microsoft for 32,,

but when i go to open toolbox i get therror pic'd below ,, im not a great pc wizard so any help is great

Untitled.png

hi ,,

just downloaded, saw it mentioned on another thread and liked the idea
i have installed, download db's, installed the microsoft for 32,,

but when i go to open toolbox i get therror pic'd below ,, im not a great pc wizard so any help is great

View attachment 97460
Hi,

The error message suggest some permission problems. Did your computer ask for administrative permission when launching ED ToolBox?
You can also try to access ED ToolBox from your browser directly: http://localhost:3001

Great tool, just what I've wanted in my second monitor! Good choice with a dark theme too, I hate having something with a big white screen up when I've got the lights down.

One suggestion I've got is to make the minor factions show up in a color font according to their major faction alignment (Red = Fed, Blue = Imp, Green = Alliance, Yellow = Indy). It would make it that much quicker to decide which station to hit if you're trying to grind up rep with a major faction. I honestly don't know how tricky or tedious it would be to implement this, so disregard if it would be too much trouble. Again, thank you for this awesome tool!
That's a good suggestion, I can do something with that :)

well i can if i just use the link you provided, not via the tool itsself

also i looked at the settings found the auto set path for logs was way off, pointing at user/local,, logs are in programsx86 fd blah blah products

well i can if i just use the link you provided, not via the tool itsself

also i looked at the settings found the auto set path for logs was way off, pointing at user/local,, logs are in programsx86 fd blah blah products
The path should be set to whatever you provided during install, though the permission problems might be at fault again.

Last edited:
Apologies if this is something simple this is the first time I have tried to use one of these tools :). Just installed the tool and it does seem to run. However when I try to connect using Chrome I get the following error message:

"Could not connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)"

I have gone into the server_config.inc file to try and find the database password but there is no password listed in there. Just the following:
// database variables
$db = "elite_log";
$user = "root";
$server = "localhost";

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Apologies if this is something simple this is the first time I have tried to use one of these tools :). Just installed the tool and it does seem to run. However when I try to connect using Chrome I get the following error message:

"Could not connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)"

I have gone into the server_config.inc file to try and find the database password but there is no password listed in there. Just the following:
// database variables
$db = "elite_log";
$user = "root";
$server = "localhost";

Any ideas as to what is going on?
The password is auto-generated during the initial install script. You did get that when you first launched it in the browser? You'll need to re-install and run the script again.

I didn't see it but there were issues during the install. After further investigation it looks like my AV software is jumping in and messing things up, so I will need to get the AV to stop doing that first.

Update: After a reinstall and appropriate chastisement of the AV software it does seem to be running. Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it :).

Last edited:
just a update ,,
i uninstalled , and ofc reinstalled
app now opens via the right click option , i have also managed to setup use on another device ie. my 2nd pc
i did try using the network path to chrome.exe on 2nd pc ,, but the app just would not except that, shame , would of been nice,, but heh can't have everything

great work sir,, now to get use to what this dose

Top Bottom