Release ED Recon: an EDMC plugin for traders and bounty hunters in Elite: dangerous

New feature for the Discord Bot: sparklines!

I'll add more but for now, the bot can show a history of clean/wanted scans and max bounties on a per month basis.
This should be helpful to interpret the karma value which is conservative ("better be safe than on the rebuy screen") by-design.

Here is how that looks like (image at the bottom):

141293


  • This is my profile from September 2018 to August 2019 (as noted as the bottom)
  • Clean: represents how often I was scanned clean
  • Wanted: represents how often I was scanned wanted. That alone isn't enough to draw conclusions as it could be low bounties, so also check the Bounties section.
  • Bounties: shows the max known bounty for each month. In my case, I'm a lawful commander throughout so I only got scanned with minor fines. This graph is color coded too. Gray means minor bounties, then it goes to various shade of Orange, Red, and Violet for extremely high bounties.
  • Finally, the "max: 600 cr" shows that for the whole 12 months of history, my absolute maximal bounty was 600 cr.
Here are the instructions to get the bot in your server (Note: it won't give you access to all features right out of the gate, give me time to review. I do this to prevent abuse, etc.).
If you already have the bot, you may need to update its permissions as this feature requires "Attach files".
 
New graph for the discord bot
Shows the ships a commander is most sighted in, as well as roles and style assessments based on the type of ships.

143953
 
New EDR version 0.9.9 "Argus Panoptes" is out!

It will auto-update on its own at shutdown (close the game and EDMC, wait for a while, relaunch).

New info from scans
  • With the latest update, fdev has added squadron id and power play info in the scan events.
  • EDR is now sending these bits of info too.
  • Note: power play info is only available in the scan events if the player is also pledged to a power.
More efficient network design
  • EDR has become quite popular. The initial design for obtaining Inara profiles started to show its limits, resulting in too much requests at peak hours.
  • Added exponential back-off logic to reduce the load at peak hours.
  • Added re-use of stale profiles if the server is busy or fail to respond
  • Central caching of Inara profiles via the EDR backend.
Better handling of Kill Warrant Scans
  • Fixed issues where scan events from a kill-warrant scan were not always sent, nor always sending an update to the EDR alert feeds.
  • More conservative acceptance criteria for scan events too, e.g. clean but with a bounty
  • KWS other pilots to provide extra intel to EDR and its users!
Misc.
  • Ignore meaningless player journal events where the offender is also the perpetrator
  • Speculative bug fix for a rare issue with the !eval power command
 
Hi, I started translating, the names of the materials do not pick up from the translation file. How can I fix this?
 
Nice. The material names aren't in the strings file because I got lazy :)

Can you send a PR to the github repo?
 
I can not work with the git, and the translation has just started, I can send you just the file itself.
Thanks!
Actually, it seems that I do have material names in the code.
They are only used for the following assessments:
- The message shown when jumping into a system for the very rare, rare materials.
- The message shown when flying nearby a planet for the raw materials.

Where you expecting to see the translated strings somewhere else?
 
Just in case: you need to compile the PO file into a .mo file. Then, create a sub folder in the l10n folder, called ru. Under that one another folder called LC_MESSAGES if I recall correctly. Finally move the edr.mo with the Russian translations in there.

I will test on my end as well.
 
Just in case: you need to compile the PO file into a .mo file. Then, create a sub folder in the l10n folder, called ru. Under that one another folder called LC_MESSAGES if I recall correctly. Finally move the edr.mo with the Russian translations in there.

I will test on my end as well.
Yes, I did as you wrote above, but the materials remain untranslated
2019-11-04 230202.png
 
xface: I found the issue and got a fix for it.
See below, the material is correctly shown in Russian.

149768


The issues was that the strings for the materials are initialized before the language is set, and so they default to English. I have a fix for the next version, which I will release soon.

Let me know if you have an updated .po file so that I can include it in the next release.
Thanks again for your contribution!
 
Let me know if you have an updated .po file so that I can include it in the next release.
Thanks again for your contribution!
Fine. But the translation is slow, because my English is not so good. I think you should not include it in the next version, until it is completely ready. How to finish, be sure to send it to you. Thank!
 
V1.0.0 "A miner update"

Added hotspots for Painite, Low Temperature Diamond and Bromellite
  • !search painite to find the closest hotspot for mining Painite
  • !search ltd to find the closest hotspot for mining Low Temperature Diamonds
  • !search bromellite to find the closest hotspot for mining Bromellite
Bug fixes
  • Strings for material inventory were not picking the localized text
  • Ignore NPC in crimes related events
  • Server-side temporary fix and proper client-side fix for events involving an Independent player (events were rejected as malformed)
  • Fixed edge case when searching material traders which resulted in a crash of EDR
 
Top Bottom