Release ED-Intelligent Boardcomputer Extension

Thanks for your very thorough answers. After a couple of system jumps the "100 best trips" seems to have resolved itself.

I now have another problem. I am getting an "Exception occurred" just before the main screen appears. It reads: Error in Form_Show -> Table 'elite_db.tmfilteredstations' doesn't exist. An Exception.log file is being created.

Hope you can help.

Strange, does the main window appear ?
If so, open the "Direct DB Access window" and insert

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `elite_db`.`tmFilteredStations` (
`System_id` INT NOT NULL,
`Station_id` INT NOT NULL,
`Distance` DOUBLE NULL,
`x` DOUBLE NULL,
`y` DOUBLE NULL,
`z` DOUBLE NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`System_id`, `Station_id`))
ENGINE = InnoDB;

and execute it. Then restart ED-IBE

Can you send me the error log, please ?

Last edited:
Having experimented with this and deciding not to use it... I discovered after un-installing the app that it leaves stuff behind - both in the Program Files directory structure and also under the AppData structure. Is there anywhere else I need to look for other residual items?

Last edited:
Any more thought of getting ED-IBE to run a web server to view ED-IBE pages on a tablet or a G19 / Android Apps ?

or anything that allows players to use this software and not Alt Tab or be force to run ED-IBE in some 'windowed mode' ? .

Do prefer to run everything in fullscreen mode

Last edited:
I seem to be having an issue with 100 best trips, round trip results.
ZTJA8T1.png

it's saying the route there is only 83 LY away and that they're 14.01 LY apart. This is horribly false.
Example:
Toolfa -- Distance to Sol = 14.01 ly
Lagoon Sector FW-W d1-122 -- Distance to Sol = 4,510.91 ly

I can not say if the distance apart matching Toolfa and sol is a coincidence or error.

PS. been using this since regulated noise, thanks for all the hard work cmdr Duke!

Last edited:
Hi,

excuse the delayed response, but I was on vacation.

@sutex:
There's nothing planned in this way. The reason is the sourcecode and the internal structure of ED-IBE.
It' s C# based on .Net and so there's no possibility to run it on Android or Apple devices.
The only solution is to run it on a second device with a windows 7 (or later) system. There are
a few users who have installed ED-IBE on their second windows device and connect
to the needed Elite files with network drives (read the conversation with user "st3ve" from here : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/137732-ED-Intelligent-Boardcomputer-Extension?p=5293710&viewfull=1#post5293710)

@Baler: Thanks for report. Are you sure you have selected "<current system>" as base of the station filter ?

Hi,

excuse the delayed response, but I was on vacation.

@sutex:
There's nothing planned in this way. The reason is the sourcecode and the internal structure of ED-IBE.
It' s C# based on .Net and so there's no possibility to run it on Android or Apple devices.
The only solution is to run it on a second device with a windows 7 (or later) system. There are
a few users who have installed ED-IBE on their second windows device and connect
to the needed Elite files with network drives (read the conversation with user "st3ve" from here : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/137732-ED-Intelligent-Boardcomputer-Extension?p=5293710&viewfull=1#post5293710)

@Baler: Thanks for report. Are you sure you have selected "<current system>" as base of the station filter ?

Ok so the Web server that was apart of ED-IBE ages ago ( it still say WEB Control on ED-IBE ) , that's not happening ?

I understand that Android cant happen.

... it still say WEB Control on ED-IBE

Does it ? Where ? I simply forget to remove it there.
The webinterface will not come back (in past this was implemented only rudimentarily anyway) because it's much additional work I will not spend.
Sorry for this...

Edit: oh, yes, I see : on the "Help and Changelog" tab. I removed the info from all places but this tab :eek:

Last edited:
Does it ? Where ? I simply forget to remove it there.
The webinterface will not come back (in past this was implemented only rudimentarily anyway) because it's much additional work I will not spend.
Sorry for this...

Edit: oh, yes, I see : on the "Help and Changelog" tab. I removed the info from all places but this tab :eek:

In previous conversations mate going back YEARS now , I was always lead to believe you would have the WEB INTERFACE.. or some way of accesses ED-IBE while staying in Full screen mode.

Last edited:
Sorry that this is a bit off topic, but I've only just got back to ED having been away on other projects & work for about a year, have upgraded my computer & tried to use REGULATEDNOISE & ELITEOCR & just keep getting errors & crashes from them. Does anyone know if there's a working version for windows 10 64 bit out there somewhere ? I loved the simplicity of the interface & the automated import / export to EDDB by using F10 screenshots of the commodities screens.
Any help gratefully received.

Sorry that this is a bit off topic, but I've only just got back to ED having been away on other projects & work for about a year, have upgraded my computer & tried to use REGULATEDNOISE & ELITEOCR & just keep getting errors & crashes from them. Does anyone know if there's a working version for windows 10 64 bit out there somewhere ? I loved the simplicity of the interface & the automated import / export to EDDB by using F10 screenshots of the commodities screens.
Any help gratefully received.

Sadly I've not found a solid build of this tool since coming back, personally. I switched over to Eventure's excellent Trade Computer Extension Mk II. It's actively updated and well worth picking up for any trader, as well as many others.

Thank you so much for continuing to update this amazing tool. Life changing when it comes to trading in elite.

Top Bottom