[DW2] How many have dropped off?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm still on track on the way to WP7 after WP6. I'm in my <40Ly cutter. Have refilled my afms and heatsinks a few times and landed some srv trips scouting for more vanadium. I'm not on EDSM , EDDiscovery or any third party tool. I hope it still counts. I found a bunch of undiscovered neutron stars along the way.

I'm still on track on the way to WP7 after WP6. I'm in my <40Ly cutter. Have refilled my afms and heatsinks a few times and landed some srv trips scouting for more vanadium. I'm not on EDSM , EDDiscovery or any third party tool. I hope it still counts. I found a bunch of undiscovered neutron stars along the way.
As long as you're on the roster, of course it counts. Third party tools, while making life a lot easier, are entirely optional, and many people consider them almost cheating. While others consider them essential.

Hint: If you find a planet which has Vanadium and either Geo or Bio signals, it's probably easier and quicker to land near a POI and harvest mats from there.

Wow, I wasn't aware of that; that's an interesting bug. I wonder if it was to try to suppress having too many NS's in the Bubble rather than a bug per se.
Since it's a 3D "cross" that's centered on the bubble, it's probably a safe bet that they intended to suppress proc-gen neutron stars in the bubble, but mixed up their ANDs and ORs in their logic. ;) :D

Since it's a 3D "cross" that's centered on the bubble, it's probably a safe bet that they intended to suppress proc-gen neutron stars in the bubble, but mixed up their ANDs and ORs in their logic. ;) :D
Yeah, I recall reading in DISC that a dev supposedly confirmed that.

Third party tools, while making life a lot easier, are entirely optional, and many people consider them almost cheating. While others consider them essential.
Wrong opinions aside, uploading your information to EDSM and querying any searches to gain information are two entirely separate things. You can just share your information with others and never receive any info from outside the game. (Also the other way around.)

Last edited:
Wrong opinions aside, uploading your information to EDSM and querying any searches to gain information are two entirely separate things. You can just share your information with others and never receive any info from outside the game. (Also the other way around.)
Which, pray tell, are the wrong opinions?

And yes, while unlikely, it's quite possible to just consume or produce the data. While there's probably a quite a lot of the latter (just using the websites), I doubt there's many of the former. Can't imagine anybody would go to the trouble of installing apps and then not using them nor the data they generate. But yes, possible.

An update from an "almost dropout". Made it to WP3, turned around and went back to the bubble. From there...

02/23 @10:45 AM EST - Left the bubble to rejoin the fleet.

02/26 @ 11:53PM EST - arrived at WP7.

Now that was a haul, but I made it. Relatively uneventful except for one beautiful, ringed ELW, and 2, life saving heatsinks popped at the "awesomes"... I was describing what happened to my son. As soon as I said... "so I thought I'd get closer to a white dwarf"... he just shook his head at me. I stayed calm, popped some heatsinks while my FSD came back online, and retreated to safety. The AFMU and repair limpets came in handy as well just to top all of my modules back up to 100% until the new station arrives. Now I realize again, that I'm here early. Same reason I went back to the bubble after Omega. But that's ok. I'm going to do some exploring for a bit. Either way, I'm back.

WP 7 in three days... Man, you must he seeng stars in broad daylight. :D That's dedication.

My son is not very happy we joined DW2, he wants to fly a different ship every time. But I did name this one after him to make him happy-ish.

Mine goes through the "ship acquisition" phase of the game a lot too. He wants a Corvette but doesn't want to put in the grind. Hard to blame him.

I'm not exactly seeing stars... but I do hear my own internal frame shift drive charging every time I sit at a red light.

m only a about 9 days behind and im doing an hour a day :S I blame red dead2 for stealing me to play it on weekends.
HA!!! The struggle is real!! My 2 hardest, recurring decisions to make over the past year have been what to name my next ship, and what to name my next horse.

HA!!! The struggle is real!! My 2 hardest, recurring decisions to make over the past year have been what to name my next ship, and what to name my next horse.
It's funny but I held off buying RDR2 for a couple of reasons - 1. I am a stingy git and didn't want to pay full whack and 2. I didn't want too much competing for my game time, especially knowing what DWE2 would entail. However, it was on sale on PSN and I gave in this weekend and bought it. To be honest I'm finding it a bit meh ... with the first game I would suffer from terrible just-one-more-mission-itis, but with this one I find myself stopping from boredom. And I'm not very tolerant of the inertia physics (which have been bad in Rockstar games for a while). If I am riding full pelt on a horse I don't expect to be turning on a dime, but if I am on foot searching a room and stray a few micrometres past an object I want to pick up I shouldn't have to turn around like a lumbering oil tanker (yes, exaggerating for effect) to get back into pickup range for it.

Which, pray tell, are the wrong opinions?
I was referring to the opinion of using third party tools being cheating. Unless they meant using tools that break the EULA (bots, for example), of course.

And yes, while unlikely, it's quite possible to just consume or produce the data. While there's probably a quite a lot of the latter (just using the websites), I doubt there's many of the former. Can't imagine anybody would go to the trouble of installing apps and then not using them nor the data they generate. But yes, possible.
Pretty much all the third-party programs I've seen for Elite are as easy to install as it gets, but you can even upload your data via browser only. For example, a couple of people I knew did it for just the EDSM badges.
Huh, now that I think about it, I myself mostly just upload my finds too.

Last edited:
So I decided to continue, and just last night I managed to reach the Dryau Awesomes Waypoint. Pretty much on track now to catch up with the fleet while it stops at Sag A to finish building the starport.

One interesting thing I noticed was that not only did I have almost my entire route made of undiscovered systems (because I was just doing a straight shot from waypoint 3 to waypoint 6, ignoring all other POIs and waypoints in between), but I also had alternating main sequence stars and neutron stars for most of it, as in, every other jump was a neutron.

Last edited:
So I decided to continue, and just last night I managed to reach the Dryau Awesomes Waypoint. Pretty much on track now to catch up with the fleet while it stops at Sag A to finish building the starport.

One interesting thing I noticed was that not only did I have almost my entire route made of undiscovered systems (because I was just doing a straight shot from waypoint 3 to waypoint 6, ignoring all other POIs and waypoints in between), but I also had alternating main sequence stars and neutron stars for most of it, as in, every other jump was a neutron.
Around the core - aside from a few patches - neutron stars are everywhere. Today, I've been travelling between Colonia and SagA*, and the only main sequence stars I've passed have been those inserted into the route plan for refuelling purposes. If fuel wasn't an issue, I think you could pick a way between those two points using neutron stars and nothing else.

Exploration really isn't my bag but I stuck with it and achieved my personal goal of visiting Sag A with DW2 and then headed back to the bubble.
Cool. Perhaps you'll set a new goal for DWIII but going to SAGA is already an undertaking. I know I never went past it before.

Exploration really isn't my bag but I stuck with it and achieved my personal goal of visiting Sag A with DW2 and then headed back to the bubble.
Well done commander, hope you enjoyed it. I also have managed my achievement and got to Sag A*, but im carrying on. If i die from now on i probably wont continue, it all depends on how far i have to go to catch up.

Better be careful i suppose. No more Canyon running on High G planets.

I'm turning back now as well i think. I've really enjoyed DW2 and helped with the SagA CG, but i think if i go on all the way i'll never have the energy to get back to the bubble. Even from here it'll be hard but from Beagle's it could be impossible for me to contemplate :-/

I'm not really an explorer at heart but have enjoyed this jolly trip and a huge thanks to the organisers and all of the participants for making it fun!

Abumonkey

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom