Don't Panic: BGS guides and help

Thank you for the info. Do you know how to determine which update we are on? All I can find says April 2019.
April 2019 was the latest client patch. There's another expected in September.

The vast majority of BGS changes can be made server-side without needing a client patch - as the March 2019 updates were - but it looks like it's just been some fine-tuning of balance since then. Nothing so big they've felt the need to announce it, anyway - though we might see some BGS notes in the September patch for things they've already done, too.

I hope this thread is ok for a minor question (otherwise I'll pseudo move it to another thread)?
What's up with assassination missions for a pirate/terrorist that is from the same MF as the mission giver (saw quite a few lately)? Doesn't this negatively affect the related MF? I could check this out myself of course and hope it's not a bug, but I don't want to hit the MF in question right now. Thanks for any insights!

I am assuming that there is still no new comprehensive BGS guides out yet. Especially since all the new states being added.

I am assuming that there is still no new comprehensive BGS guides out yet. Especially since all the new states being added.
Not sure there is a great deal of need for a "comprehensive" guide since the Great Dumbing Down of 3.0
Conflict triggering and resolving needs something, but thats been explained several times.
Expansion/Retreat mechanism needs a little explanation, but it is due to change at some point when Happiness finally does something. Dont hold your breath.

All the new fancy states are pretty irrelevant as far as BGS Empire building is concerned. They either trigger randomly, or are so hard to trigger it is irrelevant. Their effect seems to be a slight change to Commodity prices, and mission profile, and are easily countered in the obvious way. Meh.

If you need any more explanation beyond the 3 items mentioned above, it could be summarized as "Grind Away"

happy towel day cmdr's
OIifaF8.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom